So if your a normal user and hate GPU mining,get over it.Try this

gerardfraser

[H]ard|Gawd
Go do some mining and get a free GPU down the road. Use online PC gaming service and any GPU miner and start earning some cash for your next GPU and you can still play some PC games.

Took a quick video mining with Nicehash and playing Cyberpunk 2077 on Gforce now.
Still getting 80Mh's - 90Mh's while running the game. Normal is 95Mh's-100Mh's .

Using shadowplay with performance overlay on drops hash rate to 60Mh's -65Mhs.

RTX 3080 GPU set to 70% power limit
-500 Core
+1000 Memory

Last edited:
I am sure there are a million things you can do. Shall I list them all.
There was an implicit question in the comment, is there any possible advantage/reason to do this if you own say a Laptop or any other computer ? Why would someone specially get over mining, if they learn that if they mine with their GPU they can do something that require virtually no GPU processing outside a bit of decoding on their pc at the same time, that seem like to say, watch Netflix series/youtube on your computer while it mine. Or is it ? And did you remove gaming streaming service cost from the mining profit ?

The irony is that if everyone would mine on their GPUs, the hash rate would increase, the payout would decrease, and the miners would close up shop because there would be less profits.
This is true.
Every couple years I make a post on this crap ,just to let people know that they can get free stuff.

If you ever go to sell the gpu after mining with it don't be surprised if it takes a huge hit on resale. Unless you lie about it. Most gamers who buy used cards have it in their mind that if it was mined with, then it was most likely damaged or at least had a huge amount of life span removed from it.

The only ones who hate miners more than environmentalists are pc gamers.

Been tempted to do it but reluctant for reasons I don't understand myself.

Been tempted to do it but reluctant for reasons I don't understand myself.

Because it's like you're doing a second job, if you want to have any chance of making money.

You have to invesrt about $50 in Ethereum to open most online wallets, which you have to have to begin
You have to do research on pools, because you have no chance of making money solo.
You have to enjoy tweaking your graphics card's power profile for maximizing memory and not clocks,
Have a daily worry if you should sell your Ethereum haul today, or hope that the price will go up tomorrow by massive amounts?

Oh, and finally, you have to research your exchange for selling your Ethereum for USD,. A number of them are scams, and you will lose your money instantly / you have to take a 20% profit hit if you want to have any guarantee of reliable exchange!

If i ever have enough money to spend on enough graphics cards to mine Etherium profitably, , I would rather just buy the currency when low, and sit on it for two years. so I don't have to stress over daily prices, amnd I can afford the %20 exchange hitn when I'm making 10x profit!

Last edited:
Oh, and finally, you have to research your exchange for selling your Ethereum for USD,. A number of them are scams, and you will lose your money instantly / you have to take a 20% profit hit if you want to have any guarantee of reliable exchange!
I also worry the continual heavy load could hurt my shiny new GPU. I like it, I want it to last. If it breaks, who knows how long I'd have to wait for a replacement given the supply issues. I'd rather just enjoy gaming on it and not mess around to make a few bucks.

This is like trying to monetize your car with uber/lyft and somehow thinking you are actually getting further ahead after expenses than just a minimum wage job. Unless electricity is practically free where you live, you'd probably make more money buying crypto than wasting your time mining. The smart people are investing their money, rather than trying to kill the toys they buy for fun by trying to monetize the hell out of them rather than enjoying them.

You know what's even more profitable than mining? Start an Onlyfans account and start stripping.

Exactly. I could make more in a year working one hour extra a week, than if you gave me the 3080 free, and I mined with it 24/7

I also guarantee that the extra work time will be less of a distraction than me having to worry about the price of Ethirihm or my exchange choice every week

Last edited:
Things that need to just die:
1. mining
2. cloud gaming
3. brain worms that feed on brains of people and cause them to game on laggy cloud services instead of their gpu

Last edited:
Because it's like you're doing a second job, if you want to have any chance of making money.

You have to invesrt about $50 in Ethereum to open most online wallets, which you have to have to begin
You have to do research on pools, because you have no chance of making money solo.
You have to enjoy tweaking your graphics card's power profile for maximizing memory and not clocks,
Have a daily worry if you should sell your Ethereum haul today, or hope that the price will go up tomorrow by massive amounts?

If i ever have enough money to spend on enough graphics cards to mine Etherium profitably, , I would rather just buy the currency when low, and sit on it for two years. so I don't have to stress over daily prices, amnd I can afford the %20 exchange hitn when I'm making 10x profit!
That's kind of what I figured it all entails.. yeah, that is a PITA and not worth it. Especially not for a solo card operation making nothing in the end for a lot of hassle and worry!
(then again, this is *exactly* what a successful etherum miner would tell you to keep their hashrates and competition out.... HRMMMMM?!)

This is like trying to monetize your car with uber/lyft and somehow thinking you are actually getting further ahead after expenses than just a minimum wage job. Unless electricity is practically free where you live, you'd probably make more money buying crypto than wasting your time mining. The smart people are investing their money, rather than trying to kill the toys they buy for fun by trying to monetize the hell out of them rather than enjoying them.

You know what's even more profitable than mining? Start an Onlyfans account and start stripping.
For me to make money stripping that would have to be one hell of a bunch of weird people, ahmm probably better for me to just mine.

As for mining in general, from my experience, all my cards bought have paid for themselves, many times over. Well except for the 3090 (which is not being used for mining presently). Bought two ASICs, one was a loss so far on coins mined while the other one if I sold the coins mined would be valued over 5x the cost of the ASIC. Currently mining with my older cards, 3x Vega's, 2x 1080Ti's and one lonely 5700 XT. Both ASICs have gone by the way of the garbage can as a quick note, they became worthless after about 2 years each.

Trade crypto on Robinhood if you just want to make dollars. No need to whore out your GPU. Buy low, sell high. My gains last year easily paid for my 3090. She is a mining virgin and will stay pure 😇

Trade crypto on Robinhood if you just want to make dollars. No need to whore out your GPU. Buy low, sell high. My gains last year easily paid for my 3090. She is a mining virgin and will stay pure 😇
Different strokes for different folks. Yes I also buy and sell at times but that turned out to be more time consuming then just mining which is pretty much runs itself. It in itself is like a game where you have to use strategy to collect different coins, hold or sell at the right time etc. For me it is more a hobby than anything else, puts my older cards to use vice sitting in the closet. Anyways my mining rewards have already bought the 3090 free and clear. 3090 is still a virgin so to speak and has not been used to mine with. If I get another current new generation card it might be used periodically for that but not now. I usually buy 3-5 cards per generation except for last one and that was before I ever started to mine, last generation was really almost pointless and only got a 5700 XT, Turing was a joke in general.

Currently mining with my older cards, 3x Vega's, 2x 1080Ti's and one lonely 5700 XT.
With the current market of used cards would it not be better to sales them and buy cryptocoin (or other investment) with the money ?

How many days would it take for those cards to mine their current market value ? Specially if the crypto continue to rise there is a big opportunity cost associated to mining over a long time versus buying now.

Same would go with using a new 3080 to mine instead of selling it considering it's current market price.

It in itself is like a game
This at a small operation level it sound like a nice game (like trying to beat the market instead of just buying index) where you learn stuff you would never have and so on, almost any game of the sort must be better than us wasting time on the hardforum message board.

Reactions: noko
like this
There are many calculators that will figure a rough estimate. HERE is one that @.1USD/kWh shows roughly $19.00/day. Change the gpu numbers to reflect how many you have.

Don't forget having to report on taxes too.

There are many calculators that will figure a rough estimate. HERE is one that @.1USD/kWh shows roughly $19.00/day. Change the gpu numbers to reflect how many you have.
Using those:
https://www.nicehash.com/profitabil...5700-xt-8gb,amd-rx-vega-64,nvidia-gtx-1080-ti
(1 - 5700xt , 2 1080ti, 3 vega 64) the number it tell me change all time, I saw 20 USD, $3 USD and has low has 20 cent a day just by clicking calculate button multiple time.

According to the average said by :
https://averagefinder.com/

3 vega ($457)+ 2 x 1080ti ($475 USD) + 5700xt ($521.55) = $2842 at $20 a day if it does not go down and ethereum continue on GPU that only 142 days to make it (if you can heat yourself with the operation I imagine the electricity cost goes partly in it), I was going to say those ebay pricing must be wrong but considering how short the return windows is that quite good and probably way less risky than selling them to buy crypto, the way things goes they could keep value all year long anyway.

Don't forget having to report on taxes too.
Straight to traditional IRA -> no taxes -> well until pulled later

Electrical cost now is virtually zero -> using the small hobby to heat the place -> only usable for a few months out of the year in Florida. My electrical cost is actually lower :D

Using those:
https://www.nicehash.com/profitabil...5700-xt-8gb,amd-rx-vega-64,nvidia-gtx-1080-ti
(1 - 5700xt , 2 1080ti, 3 vega 64) the number it tell me change all time, I saw 20 USD, $3 USD and has low has 20 cent a day just by clicking calculate button multiple time.

According to the average said by :
https://averagefinder.com/

3 vega ($457)+ 2 x 1080ti ($475 USD) + 5700xt ($521.55) = $2842 at $20 a day if it does not go down and ethereum continue on GPU that only 142 days to make it (if you can heat yourself with the operation I imagine the electricity cost goes partly in it), I was going to say those ebay pricing must be wrong but considering how short the return windows is that quite good and probably way less risky than selling them to buy crypto, the way things goes they could keep value all year long anyway.
These cards already paid for themselves in the past, well except the 5700 XT come to think about it. So it is all profit now. Sold the 2x 1070's I also had for $200 each, they too paid for themselves during the time I had them during the last mining craze. I was going to get more serious using ASICs except they are just so limited, less versatile on what you can mine and very little option in selling them if needed.

Why to hate miners ?
Today I sold my Vega 56 for 370 euro, I bought it before 22 months for 270 euro (with 2 games).
I bought one rx 470 for 70 euro yestarday (from a miner) to use till 6700 is on the market and I will sell it after that for similar price.
All these because of the miners...

My moto: when you have a problem - use it :LOL:

Hey Gerald, thank you for giving me the inspiration to do this. I just got the Dell XPS deal with the GTX 1660 Super and when I'm not playing games I'm going to mine with it. By my calculation, if prices do not change I will be able to pay off my new $600 PC in about 9 months. I'm pretty satisfied.

Back