So if ps3 store closes does patches go also?

RogueTrip

2[H]4U
Hearing rumors of ps3,psp,ps vita stores closing this summer. I wonder if patches for physical games will go as well.

Last night i got half my library up to date with patches. Hope to finish the other half soon. Even opened some games that i have not got to play yet.

It hasn't been made clear I don't believe. I assume you could still download and update games you previously purchased.

Well, its official now.
At least we'll still be able to download our stuff after the store closure. For now anyway.

https://www.techradar.com/news/sony-could-close-ps3-vita-and-psp-stores-in-july
Sony has announced that it will close the PlayStation Store on PS3, Vita and PSP stores later this year. Once they go dark, players will no longer be able to make digital purchases or buy any DLC on each of the respective platforms.

The PS3 and PSP’s stores will officially close on July 2, while the PS Vita store will shut down on August 27. After these dates, you'll be able to re-download and play previously purchased games and video or redeem games via codes and PlayStation Plus vouchers, but you won't be able to purchase a game digitally.

According to a PlayStation FAQ where the changes were announced, after those dates you'll no longer be able to add funds through those systems – but any money in your wallet will carryover onto the PS4 or PS5.

Wish I had collected more physical copies. Those things are going to increase in value now, lol.

That is a problem with the all digital consoles that and space constraints SSD. Just talking about the PS5 digital.

Last edited:
Personally I am not happy about their decision to close the stores. I have a couple of Vita games that I'd like to get but they seem expensive now and I doubt Sony is going to do a sale now that they can force you to buy it MSRP or forget about it forever.

Back