So.... If i wanted to find a PS4... Where would I go?

UL

Limp Gawd
Seems this snuck on me a bit, life has been a bit chaotic.

Where can you find them on the shelves? Walmart?

PS4 ? Now ? In Sony factories probably. Maybe in shipping containers somewhere in the sea. PS4 is launching in November.

Ive been thinking about buying one here on the Airforce base since we are getting some on launch day if we preorder and then going off base and selling it in a public place with a big sign since PS4 doesnt release here until later lol.

Preorders in the US are sold out. I'm sure stores will have release day stock that are likely to be gone fairly fast. If you MUST have one near release, it's looking like EBay is going to be the route to go and expect to be gouged to scratch your itch.

I'll sell you my release day system....$699.99 + FS and its yours..:D

If you're looking to get one at launch there are 2 places where your odds will be best: Sears and K-Mart. Why? People forget they still exist, let alone that they carry video games.

If you're looking to get one at launch there are 2 places where your odds will be best: Sears and K-Mart. Why? People forget they still exist, let alone that they carry video games.

Or if you're in Canada, Canadian Tire sometimes sells games.

unlike the previous generation don't think this gen will be as scarace on the shelves for Christmas, seems these are faster to manufacture, and frankly there is less interest in having a next gen system, because most of us have a ton of 360 and PS3 games to play thru yet, if the PS4 was B/C it would be more interesting.I think you'll still see news reports of people in line but within a month or 2 of launch these consoleswill not be scarace. I have one on preorder but I will still e churning thru PS3 games for 2 or 3 more years.

1. Yes, check Walmart, Target, Kmart, Toys R Us, etc. stores and see if any have any preorders left. Forget GameStop, and I wouldn't waste time with Best Buy unless yours isn't popular.

2. Retail stores will reserve at least a few units for campers/walk-ins at launch, so if they don't have any preorders left, ask if the store will be receiving any non- preorder units and plan to spend the night waiting in line.

3. Online, sorry you're screwed. Even Amazon is sold out of their "Standard Edition" consoles, which aren't guaranteed for launch. You're looking at eBay, craigslist, and not for cheap. :(

Like with the PS3 in 06, I guess you'll probably be able to walk into a store and nab a unit off the shelf if you're lucky in mid-late December, but you'll have to be quick after that UPS truck comes and delivers the next batch of units and you'll definitely have to do a lot of calling around and checking store inventories online.

If you're going to join the masses and wait in line outside a store, bring some survival gear, seems like there's always a violent horror story to go alongside a new console launch.

If you're going to join the masses and wait in line outside a store, bring some survival gear, seems like there's always a violent horror story to go alongside a new console launch.

This and bring 2-4 other people, I'd rather walk down MLK naked with 5grand strapped to my ass cheeks at 1 am than wait by myself for a console launch.

Man you must live in some nasty area! :D

People will go from store to store looking for an opportunity to grab someones wallet hoping they are paying cashing for a console plus a game or two. Smash mob or whatever of people hoping to get money\consoles to sell. Idk if you've ever worked at walmart but last night people were waiting in line for GTA while a few other people were walking around opening shit and putting it in their pockets because attention is drawn to the line of loud people than the few people fake shopping. Theirs always a handful of people in every area looking to cash in on these opportunity's it doesn't matter where you are.

I pack heat <3 Texas

1. Yes, check Walmart, Target, Kmart, Toys R Us, etc. stores and see if any have any preorders left. Forget GameStop, and I wouldn't waste time with Best Buy unless yours isn't popular.

2. Retail stores will reserve at least a few units for campers/walk-ins at launch, so if they don't have any preorders left, ask if the store will be receiving any non- preorder units and plan to spend the night waiting in line.

3. Online, sorry you're screwed. Even Amazon is sold out of their "Standard Edition" consoles, which aren't guaranteed for launch. You're looking at eBay, craigslist, and not for cheap. :(

Like with the PS3 in 06, I guess you'll probably be able to walk into a store and nab a unit off the shelf if you're lucky in mid-late December, but you'll have to be quick after that UPS truck comes and delivers the next batch of units and you'll definitely have to do a lot of calling around and checking store inventories online.

solid info

Fantastic idea, but concerned about being shot @ K-Mart

This and bring 2-4 other people, I'd rather walk down MLK naked with 5grand strapped to my ass cheeks at 1 am than wait by myself for a console launch.

If you do this, I would like to record for Youtube add revenues

If you do this, I would like to record for Youtube add revenues

Preordered from Amazon in June, I've had my experiences of trying to do the waiting game and not doing it again.

Costco will usually have launch day stock too. However they will often bundle it with extras, usually worth it.

Back