so IDM seems to be picking up a lot of stuff here lately

blackbeaSSt

2[H]4U
seems like with one of the most recent updates to FF i've been getting a lot of IDM popups looking to download stuff. my wife was on walmart not too long ago and about 12 IDM popups showed up

this one has hit the most:

thoughts?

That's the h.264 plugin for Firefox. It's a legit download, and the browser is prompted to get it automatically if Firefox tries to play an h.264 video without the plugin installed.

Maybe I don't understand your question correctly?

That's the h.264 plugin for Firefox. It's a legit download, and the browser is prompted to get it automatically if Firefox tries to play an h.264 video without the plugin installed.

Maybe I don't understand your question correctly?

basically just checking to see if its a driveby download or legit.

looking back it looks like i've already downloaded this. its nothing more than a dll file and some other file. what exactly is this?

looking back it looks like i've already downloaded this. its nothing more than a dll file and some other file. what exactly is this?

It's the h.264 video decoder plugin for Firefox. You can put it in your Firefox plugins folder if you want to use it to decode h.264 video. You don't strictly need it on Windows since Firefox can use the system default h.264 decoder (from Microsoft) but you can still use it if you want to.

It's the h.264 video decoder plugin for Firefox. You can put it in your Firefox plugins folder if you want to use it to decode h.264 video. You don't strictly need it on Windows since Firefox can use the system default h.264 decoder (from Microsoft) but you can still use it if you want to.

i just want the damn thing to stop prompting!

i just want the damn thing to stop prompting!

Tell your download manager to block it or something then. If you don't like the way your software is behaving, reconfigure it or get something else. Not sure what to tell you.

Back