so I wrote a letter to AMD,

---------------------------------BEGIN TRANSCRIPT----------------------------------------

Dear King Roy and the AMD rebel alliance,

Nvidians have nuked the Tahitian islands....what was once a hot, tropical and vibrant life source for many a gamer, is now a hot and desolate wasteland...we, the survivors of the GTX 970 nuclear price blast, must deal with the radioactive benchmarks showing the complete destruction of our brave 290X and 285 warriors (who are now traded on Ebay for paltry fare), whilst defending against marauding nvidian fanbois, who's newest battlecry, "175 watt TDP!" goes unanswered. We have heard rumors that you have sent a mighty flagship, the 390X, to our aid, but we fear it may arrive too late...

The nvidian General Maxwell, has commandeered our most vulnerable AMD fanboys including my own son, Le Roi Jenkins. Undoubtedly, nvidian proprietary slavery and gaming on 8" Shields awaits him, oh the horror! We fear that Tonga has already surrendered the middle market, and the high end is ravaged by the 970...And the GTX 980...I cannot bear the mention of it...the nvidian PR machine must be stopped.

We shall hold out as long as possible for 20nm 3d layered FinFET PCB with over 4000 SP's, 128 ROPs, GCN 2.0, improved lossless compression, and that sexy liquid cooling...we shall fight the nvidians on the forums, we shall fight on youtube and around the watercooler. We shall never surrender...

- desperate AMD rebel and pirate island refugee

-------------------------------------END OF TRANSCRIPT------------------------------------------

Last edited:
LMAO General Maxwell.

clapping_joker_batman_dark_knight.gif

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO MAXWELL!!!

^ example of marauding nvidian lol

For all my fellow AMD rebels...I have initiated contact with AMD email graphics support...and I am patiently waiting for a response to our dire situation...

^ example of marauding nvidian lol

For all my fellow AMD rebels...I have initiated contact with AMD email graphics support...and I am patiently waiting for a response to our dire situation...

I'm sure that tier 1 tech support dude will shit you a 390x and put it in the mail tomorrow...

1388093089493.gif

Also, I like, to read, stories, with a comma, every three words, because reasons.

I'm sure that tier 1 tech support dude will shit you a 390x and put it in the mail tomorrow...

lol ...one does not simply put or chit a 390x in the mail...perhaps we should initiate email contact with 'Corporate'?

Alas, night approaches, and nvidian mutants will surely interrupt our correspondence...

I must retire to my OC'ed 7970, and play several games of deus ex, and hope the morning sunrise will bring us good tidings...

I just tend to buy whichever appears to be the best for my money when I'm looking to upgrade. Do fanboys really think like this all the time?

I just tend to buy whichever appears to be the best for my money when I'm looking to upgrade. Do fanboys really think like this all the time?

When GTX-Titan came out and AMD had nothing to compete with it, I actually cried. True story. Not.

always boy, always.. its normal or even worse in some cases.. :p

yeah... it's not been easy to hold up on buying a pair of 970's the only reason I haven't done so is because I'm waiting for the games than come in a few months..

Hey post this on their twitter. I bet it'll get enough likes and retweets to make a difference.

Laughing-Gif.gif
@ epic letter. Down with General Maxwell

And that sig gets me every time, fixedmy7970 :D

will you post it?

I would if you want me to but Unfortunately I have been assimilated into the General Maxwell collective. I resised as much as I could waiting for a AMD support deployment but.. Resistence was Futile.

On a serious note I think you deserve the credit. If you don't have a twitter I can post it and reference you as the author, I wouldn't mind that. I just don't want to get credit for your fine work.

The forces is strong with the nvidians.

I can already feel the pull of the Maxwell.

My 290Xs are beginning to weaken. Please save us.:eek::eek:

I feel resistance is hopeless.

fear not my young radeon, Sunnyvale will send us a magnificent fleet from bermuda to destroy General Maxwell, and kick the nvidians back to geforce 1

The Xtreme III is resplendent in its glory and may save the Kingdom and the subsequent Nvidian slavery!
It is large enough to generate its own field of pull which should deviate the marauding Maxwell for a considerable span.
One can only hope that the 390x can gather its battle forces before the onslaught leaves a permanent division of spirit.

We are the NVIDIA. Lower your power supplies and surrender your AMD GPUs. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. We will adapt your corporate culture to service us. RESISTANCE... IS FUTILE...

Lies all lies.

I managed to break out of my trance long enough to take a flight to Sunnyvale. I'm sad to report... :(

Everyone in AMD has bought Quad SLi 980s & Tri SLi 970s.

All hope is lost. I have failed.. we have failed. I waiver... must play games with Rig in Sig...

Rome has fallen... :D

yeah, he does say some weird shit sometimes.

lol

However, he and Robert are the only front facing people we have.

Oh dear, I better pick up a 970/980 right now because nothing AMD does will ever compete with it. Waiting 4 or 5 months is unbearable! No way if I wait until 20nm parts will they be able to sell them cheap or have better perf per watt. Who would ever, ever pay a $650-$3000 for a video card...oh wait, the 780 Ti or Titan Black, never mind. :rolleyes:

Lies all lies.
:D

Ye slanderous dogs! How dare ye slander King Roy! He will bring us news of the mighty 390x, and when it arrives, all ye nvidian scum will tremble with fear.

Actual pic of the mighty 390x utterly annihilating General Maxwell:
One_vs_Many_FNL.jpg

Back