So I tried Windows 10 as a user...

So when Windows worked with IBM to develop OS/2 and when they worked with Amiga to help bring more desktop innovations to a platform that was largely meant for gaming, those are not innovations? Okay. Remember there weren't many existing standards at that time. Perhaps you should do more research than just making assumption after assumption after assumption.

As far as the blue screen or the key logger, or the malware, none of those are actually true. The blue screen is similar to a kernel dump. Kernel dumps have been around for a long time. The key logger, hate to say it, but that has been around since mainframes. And as far as malware, I was not aware that Microsoft was even a company back in 1949.

Again, let go of your hate, and do some actual real research before typing such FUD.

Lol you're so full of shit. If Microsoft invented the multitasking and graphical desktop, why didn't they use it for years after Amiga had done it? Key loggers that maliciously report users actions to a central database haven't been around since mainframes. You're full of shit. Same thing for malware, which I count the embedded adware in Windows to be. Microsoft has broken several non written rules that are total taboo in the industry. It has turned the clients over and fucked them in the ass. Then it has the odassity to ask if they liked it.

Lol you're so full of shit. If Microsoft invented the multitasking and graphical desktop, why didn't they use it for years after Amiga had done it? Key loggers that maliciously report users actions to a central database haven't been around since mainframes. You're full of shit. Same thing for malware, which I count the embedded adware in Windows to be. Microsoft has broken several non written rules that are total taboo in the industry. It has turned the clients over and fucked them in the ass. Then it has the odassity to ask if they liked it.

How am I full of shit? You putting words in my mouth is you being full of shit. First off, you said key loggers, and they have been around forever. You say innovation needs to be new, not based off of something that was around before. Well both the US and Russia have used key loggers on typewriters to get information for a long time. That was before Microsoft's time. Keep moving those goal posts and redefining things that fit your narrative though... So Microsoft invented both keyloggers and malware, even though the first malware was reportedly planned out in 1949? Yet again, I have to chide you to stop while you are still behind instead of digging yourself a deeper crater.

Microsoft may have broken some taboos, but what does that have to do with anything in this thread? And Microsoft has done a lot for the client over the years. There is a reason they beat out a lot of other OS's early on, and it wasn't due to any taboos. Microsoft made several decisions for the customer, and many times they were held back by others when trying to do so, like with OS/2 Warp. You want to get the real scoop on how Microsoft won the market, you have to look no further than the failing of IBM in the PC market to understand what happened.

Commodore killed Amiga themselves by not doing things for the client base. They kept trying to advertise and sell it as a gaming system rather than playing up its Desktop capabilities. They also failed to keep investing in technology and innovation in desktop applications for Amiga, which eventually put them behind the competition.

But yeah, all these are because of Microsoft breaking some "taboo".

Remember this thread is about using Windows 10 as a user and the issues involved, not about business taboos.

you're very close to your expiration date....choose your words carefully going forward.
How am I full of shit? You putting words in my mouth is you being full of shit. First off, you said key loggers, and they have been around forever. You say innovation needs to be new, not based off of something that was around before. Well both the US and Russia have used key loggers on typewriters to get information for a long time. That was before Microsoft's time. Keep moving those goal posts and redefining things that fit your narrative though...

So you're comparing international espionage to consumer software now? You're fucking insane.

So Microsoft invented both keyloggers and malware, even though the first malware was reportedly planned out in 1949? Yet again, I have to chide you to stop while you are still behind instead of digging yourself a deeper crater.

I said malware EMBEDDED IN THE PAID OPERATING SYSTEM moron.

Microsoft may have broken some taboos, but what does that have to do with anything in this thread? And Microsoft has done a lot for the client over the years. There is a reason they beat out a lot of other OS's early on, and it wasn't due to any taboos. Microsoft made several decisions for the customer, and many times they were held back by others when trying to do so, like with OS/2 Warp. You want to get the real scoop on how Microsoft won the market, you have to look no further than the failing of IBM in the PC market to understand what happened.

Gates made plenty of shady deals that destroyed the competition. And thats why were left with the curse called Windows.

Commodore killed Amiga themselves by not doing things for the client base. They kept trying to advertise and sell it as a gaming system rather than playing up its Desktop capabilities. They also failed to keep investing in technology and innovation in desktop applications for Amiga, which eventually put them behind the competition.

Now this is the only truth so far.

But yeah, all these are because of Microsoft breaking some "taboo".

Remember this thread is about using Windows 10 as a user and the issues involved, not about business taboos.[/QUOTE]

It's all connected. The burden of bad decisions is what leads to the inability to use Windows 10 safely, even today.

First, stop with the personal attacks. Discuss the points in the argument, not the person.

So you're comparing international espionage to consumer software now? You're fucking insane.

Key loggers are key loggers. You tried to say that Microsoft invented the key logger, that is just nonsense. Also as far as mainframes, they have been recording keystrokes for a long time. You have terminals that connect to the mainframe, and users that enter commands. Those commands are recorded. Unix and Linux have been doing this for a long time, even before Microsoft. That is why you have a record of everything you typed during your session. They can also save those recordings into logs for furture use.

I said malware EMBEDDED IN THE PAID OPERATING SYSTEM moron.

First Adware is not the same as malware. Adware that is considered malware is ads that open up and cannot be closed. There are none of those in Windows that I am aware of. So not sure what "malware" you are referring to. Also if we are going by your "innovation" rules, Microsoft was not the first to think of using ads in their OS. Steve Jobs had a patent for it and meetings about for Mac, long before Microsoft implemented the idea.

Gates made plenty of shady deals that destroyed the competition. And thats why were left with the curse called Windows.

Gates made plenty of non-shady deals and the competition destroyed itself as well. The first initial footholds of Microsoft came through regular shrewd business decisions and the competition failing. Microsoft owes a lot to competitors not thinking ahead.

Now this is the only truth so far.

I am sorry "truth" is so relative to you.

It's all connected. The burden of bad decisions is what leads to the inability to use Windows 10 safely, even today.

People use Windows 10 safely all the time today, so I don't know what you are talking about there. There are many things that have led to the onslaught of malware, mostly market dominance. That really is the main thread to all of it. Hackers and criminals (not synonymous) both target the market with the most to gain from. That has been Microsoft for a long time. So if by bad decisions, you mean Microsoft creating an empire in the PC and enterprise market, then I guess you are correct there.

and when they worked with Amiga to help bring more desktop innovations to a platform that was largely meant for gaming, those are not innovations?

Have you got evidence of this? Because I cannot find any information supporting the argument that Microsoft had anything to do with AmigaOS in any way whatsoever. Furthermore, the Amiga wasn't designed for gaming, it was designed for multimedia. Due to the fact that it was such an advanced machine for it's time those features lead to it's adoption as a gaming machine.

Microsoft made Amiga Basic, in fact Microsoft Basic was standard on a number of machines of the era including 8bit Tandy CoCo's. Fact is, no one used Amiga Basic, it was a stand alone application and not even part of the OS.

No one's hating on Microsoft, however the undesputable fact is that Windows 10 is a landslide that's not showing any signs of improvement. With each new release it becomes more of a touch OS for desktops.

Last edited:
People use Windows 10 safely all the time today, so I don't know what you are talking about there. There are many things that have led to the onslaught of malware, mostly market dominance. That really is the main thread to all of it. Hackers and criminals (not synonymous) both target the market with the most to gain from. That has been Microsoft for a long time. So if by bad decisions, you mean Microsoft creating an empire in the PC and enterprise market, then I guess you are correct there.

I'm sorry but infected computers in the order of thousands if not millions is not safe by any margin. I have seen some sorts of malware and browser hijacking even on locked down corporate machines, supposedly running good paid antiviruses. The fact that you need to run a heuristic antivirus already slows down the computer and is sort of malware itself.

Also the ability of Microsoft to dictate what sort of updates are sent to your computer and even when they choose to reboot your computer is not safe by any means. Countless people have had their work destroyed with a forced update reboot.

Back