So I took the plunge and ordered a new Inspiron 9300

steal

2[H]4U
What the hell am I thinking? I *just* bought an i8600 4 months ago

Shit.

But I just couldn't pass this up. This thing is nothing short of amazing, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Specs

• Pentium M 760 (2GHz/533MHz FSB)
  • 17 inch True Life Wide Screen UXGA
  • 60GB Ultra ATA 7200RPM Hard Drive
  • 1GB, DDR2, 533MHz 2 Dimm
  • 256mb Nvidia Geforce 6800 go
  • 24X CD-RW/DVD Combo
  • Integrated 10/100 Network Card/Modem
  • Intel PRO/Wireless 2915 Internal Wireless (802.11 a/b/g,54Mbps)
  • Six (yes that's right, I said six) USB ports
  • 80 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
  • Charcoal Leather QuickSnap Cover

Shit i'm hot for this thing.

I'll post pics and write up a mini review when I get it in a couple of weeks.

Total was $2,182.54 with tax and shipping.

Damn dude...that thing is gonna scream. You can't get much faster than that in a lappy especially at such a sweet price. GL with it....

very nice!!! were you not able to use the 35% off coupon with that? I thought it didn't expire until today?

steal said:
Specs

• Pentium M 750 (1.86GHz/533MHz FSB)
  • 17 inch WXGA+ screen
  • 512mb, DDR2, 533MHz 2 Dimm
  • 24X CD-RW/DVD Combo
  • 53 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
I just bought that one. I couldnt bring myself to spend $160 on 512mb more ram. I figure if i NEED the gig (not sure i will) i can upgrade it myself. I got the HDD because i wasnt dealing with the 4200Dell uses otherwise.

O yeah - also the price: 1483.73 with free 2-day shipping :D

yeah thats the only problem with dells. their rediculous price for ram, you can get 1024GB of PC3200 Laptop ram for about $350CDN/$284USD yet dell charges you some #$%$ crazy amount like $600

I couldn't resist either

Inspiron 9300
1.6ghz
512 RAM
17 inch UltraSharp Wide ScreenXGA+
256MB NVIDIA 6800
100gb HD
WINXP HOME
DVD COMBO
6 cell battery
Deluxe carring case
Carbon Fiber QuickSnap Cover

$1,294.00 with 2day shipping. :D

Protean said:
I couldn't resist either

Inspiron 9300
1.6ghz
512 RAM
17 inch UltraSharp Wide ScreenXGA+
256MB NVIDIA 6800
100gb HD
WINXP HOME
DVD COMBO
6 cell battery
Deluxe carring case
Carbon Fiber QuickSnap Cover

$1,294.00 with 2day shipping. :D

any reason you didnt opt for the battery upgrade to 9cell. wont you get more playtime if you got it. I have a 16 cell i think foor my juice monkey i9100, and it could do with an upgrade.

steal said:
  • Pentium M 760 (2GHz/533MHz FSB)
  • 17 inch True Life Wide Screen UXGA
  • 1GB, DDR2, 533MHz 2 Dimm
  • 24X CD-RW/DVD Combo
  • 80 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
  • Charcoal Leather QuickSnap Cover

Got the exact same system, minus the higher end battery (mine will be plugged in mostly) , and 1.73 ghz, wish I could afford the 2ghz, but i already went almost $300 over budget. Dell says it will ship on or before the 24th, hopefully its a couple weeks earlier than that, I am very anxious to compare this to my desktop.

I ordered one too, 1.6G 17" WXGA+ 1G Ram 60G HD 128MB X300 for like 1.3k shipped. Think it is a good deal....

I also took the plunge. I couldnt pass up the $750 coupon and free 2 day shipping.

1.73GHz P-M
1gig DDR2 533
40gig HD (will move my current 60gig 7200rpm over)
256meg 6800Go
DVD-CDRW Combo
6 cell battery
Intel b/g wireless
WUXGA screen

all for $1598.00 after tax and coupon

Im probably gonna take advantage of the $750 off coupon tonight or tommarow. Ive been back and forth on whether the 9300 or XPS2. Both have same specs cept the 9300 has the non U video but the XPS is $400.... wtf am I thinking. Ill get the 9300. I just realized how stupid $400 for an U upgrade was....

I believe the standard hdd is 5400 rpm, I know the I9200 had 5400rpm as it's baseline hdd. Still 7200 is definately faster. :D

Drool...

Can someone tell me whether the 9300 has a Sony-Xbrite-like glossy (reflective) screen?

IMO the Sony has a screen to die for but the 9300 is a way better deal.

Ziggy said:
Drool...

Can someone tell me whether the 9300 has a Sony-Xbrite-like glossy (reflective) screen?

IMO the Sony has a screen to die for but the 9300 is a way better deal.

Yes its screen is almost exactly like the Sony x-brite from what everyone that has gotten their 9300's so far have said. One guy went as far as putting a 17" Sony x-brite laptop next to the 9300 with the same picture and asking co-workers if they could tell the difference and they coudln't. Remember, it has to be the WUXGA 17" screen with the True Life if you want the screen that looks like the Sony x-brite. Visit www.notebookforums.com for more info. on these laptops.

Raines8416 said:
Im probably gonna take advantage of the $750 off coupon tonight or tommarow. Ive been back and forth on whether the 9300 or XPS2. Both have same specs cept the 9300 has the non U video but the XPS is $400.... wtf am I thinking. Ill get the 9300. I just realized how stupid $400 for an U upgrade was....

Keep in mind the 6800 U in the XPS 2 is quite a bit faster, up to 2x as much in gaming tests.

Raines8416 said:
My decision was based on the fact that I have a desktop, so I dont really need the Ultra. My purchase wasnt really video card based at all because my MR9800 in my current dell is plenty fast and both the 9300 and the XPS2 are both faster with the 6800Go. I like the idea of a cooler, lighter, thinner machine.

Mine is in the testing stage! Got it w/ the 35% coupon AND a $100 stackable. kekekkeke

one more week. :D

btw where did you guys see all those snap-on covers? Did I miss these on one of the pages? Does someone still have a link to those?

(probably won't order it anyway, but curious to see what's available -- if it can be made to look like the m70 it would be rather sweet... lol)

cheers,

yass

Yassarian said:
wow $45 for a piece of leather or plastic or whatever. :O I like the little informative "DELL" thumbnails they have for each -- really brings out their colors... heh

cheers,

yass
lol ya I noticed that too about the thumbnails.

I ordered an XPS-2 yesterday and had the 500$ off rebate. Reading about all those coupons (30% off, 750$) I am wondering if I missed out on a better deal?
Could you please let me know? I wouldn't mind you telling me the relevant coupon codes either, but I am unsure whether anything can be changed after placing the order - and I had all kinds of trouble to begin with, because I wanted to pay with my German credit card. Took them half an hour to do the (physical!) paperwork...

Yeah that XPS2 was showing as $2250 yesterday. Pretty sweet deal. No other laptop comes close for gaming. I'm going to sell my desktop and buy this one. It's as powerful as my desktop and I really like having the portability option.

How are you guys getting them this cheap? I just configured a 1.73GHz proc, 6800, 1GB RAM, and with a barebones warranty the price was like over $2500 after tax/shipping. How do you get that much for that little?

Here is the $750 off coupon. Expires 3/15 or whenever Dell turns it off.

?W$W$3K$D5R90Q

Thanks for the coupon code. I just went through Dell Hell on the phone, trying to first of all change the mistake they made with my Windows XP Media Center edition (gave me Home instead) and trying to get them to apply the coupon afterwards.
They said they'd have to cancel and replace the order (fair enough) but also said that I would have to order online to enter the code.
I tried explaining to them that I can't order online, because I have an international credit card, for which they need to fill out paper forms, but two different people just didn't get the concept.
Can you give me any advice on what to do in those cases where the Indian Dell rep just can't understand what you're saying? And I think someone at Dell would probably be able to give me that coupon rebate WITHOUT ordering online - because I am a poor soul that HAS to order via phone...
Oh well, I think I have to settle paying 250$ more. It was hard enough to place that first order, which is why I am kind of hesitant to place it again - god knows what they are going to do with the hold they already have on my international card...

I would try echat online. I have had MUCH more success with that than calling over the phone. Just login to the Dell website and look under support tools. You can chat with a rep online like a messenger. They will probably help. Good Luck!

*whistles* This is a sweet deal! $1952 after tax/shipping for a KILLER gaming laptop! The temptation to get is so much....MUST RESIST..................

Thanks for the hint, thought about that too. Yesterday I did it to find out about international credit cards, and I was greeted by "Hi, my name is Suraj, but you can call me Stanley" and I immediately knew I had lost. Nothing against Indians, but they just can't cut the cake in Dell's case. He was clearly copying and pasting text blocks and advised me to call sales - great idea.
Tried doing the chat thing again today, but now I was told my order number wasn't referring to an end user account and I couldn't use it. Might have been part of the deal of them filling out paper forms - perhaps I am treated as a business user now.
Oh well, I have given up about getting those 250$ additional dollars back. With the Dollar rate really sucking anyway at the moment, I can get it for 2500 Euros or 1800 Pounds and can even spare some cash for 2 day shipping to Europe and taxes. You guys are lucky, you get a mediocre Inspiron 9300 over here for that amount of cash.

Back