So I just installed ClarkConnect, now what?

vsboxerboy

2[H]4U
Just installed the newest version of clarkconnect on some hardware that is probably overkill but I had lying around. Anyway I'm a noob when it comes to linux and wanted to know how I go about installing torrentflux (or any other program that I can use to download torrents on my CC box). I posted on the CC forums, but I feel this their forums aren't frequented nearly as often as here.

Now, I'm familiar with linux up to the point that I was able to get the unarchived file to the box, and then on the CC box browse to the folder location and read the INSTALL and README files but they left me scratching my head as it the requirements list apache and PHP neither of which I have any idea how to setup.

Also, how do get access to the CC box remotely. I still have a keyboard, monitor, and mouse hooked up to it but to get to it I need to SSH (?) is that right? Is this a program I need to get? I have machines with vista, leopard, and XP so whatever system is fine, really.

What else do you guys have running on your CC boxes?

From the CC forums, here's a howto on adding another repository for yum. The dag repository is a good place to start, thats the one I've always used for my Redhat/Fedora boxes.

http://www.clarkconnect.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=84002&an=0&page=0

Not sure on ssh, havent used it much myself, but it appears CC is redhat based and has openssh in the default installation. google for a redhat ssh howto, putty will work on your windows boxes.

it looks like that distro has a web gui, like most routers. I'd try typing it's IP address into your web browser and seeing if you get a login screen. This site says it's 192.168.1.1:82 Once you get there you can mess around and see that Apache and PHP are in it's built in repos.

If you want to SSH into the machine, make sure the service sshd is running. It might be called Secure SHell in their menus. Then type "ssh [email protected]" into a linux terminal from another machine, assuming that's the IP of the server. You can use cygwin to get a bash shell on windows and use ssh, but if putty works then you can use that too. That will get you to a shell inside the machine with which you can wreak havoc.

Shell access via putty is enabled out of the box. You'll have an easy time of it. Plus, CC 5.0 is based on a standard OS unlike 4.x and earlier so it will be much easier to add in software.

Back