So I just got BF2...

I finally broke down and bought it at BB for $10. I was wondering if any experienced players have some tips or articles worth linking to.

All I can say is play play play. Play the game and watch how others play and you would be suprised on how fast you learn!

Best way I learned was find a squad, spawn on the squad leader and stick around him. Maybe go medic to help revive and heals, as you just started your killing ability probably won't be that great but that doesn't mean you can help out the team. Stick close to a group of friendlies and and just pay attention.

I finally broke down and bought it at BB for $10. I was wondering if any experienced players have some tips or articles worth linking to.

Start by playing the medic class. That will catapult you through the ranks the quickest. If you plan on flying get a joystick, even a cheap one will be better than a keyboard/mouse IMO. Research the weapon unlocks before you choose..plenty of sites that go through them. Nothing worse than unlocking a weapon only to find out it's something you have no desire to use. Also play the Karkland map a lot like the rest of us noobs. :D

And realize that people will make fun of you for spelling Karkand "Karkland". :D

Make the flags your primary objective and I guarantee you'll be topping the charts in no time.

Don't be one of those retards that camp the airfields or just sits on the hill with a sniper rifle the whole time.

sits on the hill with a sniper rifle the whole time.

bwahahaha one shot, one kill :D

true though, whenever i snipe, i tend to setup somewhere within the map itself and provide cover fire when my team is attacking a spawn, camping the hills somewhere behind enemy lines is cheap as fuck

also, if you like to snipe, find the special forces expansion and go for the L96A1 sniper unlock, best sniping weapon in the game, with the M24 in second place, i kind of dislike the M95 though

bwahahaha one shot, one kill :D

true though, whenever i snipe, i tend to setup somewhere within the map itself and provide cover fire when my team is attacking a spawn, camping the hills somewhere behind enemy lines is cheap as fuck

also, if you like to snipe, find the special forces expansion and go for the L96A1 sniper unlock, best sniping weapon in the game, with the M24 in second place, i kind of dislike the M95 though

QFT. I spend alot of time sniping but I'm more of an "offensive" sniper. I move with the rest of my team but hang back and provide cover or I work myself around to the side of a skirmish and pick off enemy units undetected. Also I do alot of running around with claymores, covering common passageways and paths. :D I never camp an uncappable or hide in the hills above an enemy point. Unless you're a very good shot (i.e. one-shotting every enemy that spawns at the point) this tactic is useless and you're better off running to the point and trying to cap it while using claymores to cover your ass.

To the OP: start as medic. It's definitely the easiest way to rack up the points. When I first started I played as a medic just about all the time. Once I got my aim down I started branching into different kits, like sniper, and opened my gameplay style up a bit so I would be able to get a good amount of kills but could also run around and heal/revive teamates when needed.

bleh, the worst but most addictive game of all time... don't bother with it

If you play with vehicles it's best to learn the anti-tank kit, the rocket is guidable by holding down the mouse button and moving the cursor. Aim for the front and back of the tank's treads to do the most damage.

One - Get a divorce before you start...my wife stays pissed at me since I started playing a few months ago. Two - I started playing the multi-player for a day to get the basics down, then i went to http://www.fullcontactwar.com/portal/. They are the only mandatory VOIP/Squad based server out there that I know of, and the members are very helpful at taking you from a noob to a lean mean killing machine. You have to join a squad and to command or squad lead you have to have VOIP, so you get to talk a lot, and learn a lot too. There are some great players, which can help you learn faster, but also they will piss you off because you get killed and have no idea what happened. But thats where I started and I have enjoyed it a great deal. I still visit other servers. Three - If you want to get your pistol, sniper, and knife skills up and going, play a server that only allows one or all of them to be used. Lots of fun, and you get your badges quickly that way. I guess thats all I have got.

Might be a good idea too to find a Karkland server with no vechiles, inf only.

Yeah what he said. Also ignore all the other maps, this is the only one that matters. When it gets boring download the Point of Existence mod and play it as it's Karkand x 100.

I started playing the multi-player for a day to get the basics down, then i went to http://www.fullcontactwar.com/portal/. They are the only mandatory VOIP/Squad based server out there that I know of, and the members are very helpful at taking you from a noob to a lean mean killing machine.

When I'm not doing Infantry Only maps, that's the server I almost always find myself in. Great server...lots of fun, generally some solid players there and the competition is usually close (VOIP goes a long way towards being able to counter the other team and anticipate their moves).

Never take the game too serious, you will find how childish the players around you.

Back