So I just got a new sound card.

Warrior

[H]F Junkie
I'm a person that loves his sound quality. That's why back in the day, I purchased my first High quality sound card, a Sound Blaster Live! And soon after I got a Audigy 2 ZS, and after that I never looked back. I tried using the optical and digital outputs on my motherboard's on-board audio, but I hated it! I definitely could hear a difference in sound quality with all the enhancements you can do over the Audigy 2 ZS than any On-board HD Audio. So, I didn't think sound quality could get better. I soon found I was wrong.

My previous setup (Audigy 2 ZS - Unofficial Windows 7 drivers) had a 3-way Headphone Jack splitter splitting: Computer speakers (Logitech 2.1), Kenwood 3.1 Stereo Receiver using analog inputs, and Headphones. Thats all that the Audigy was able to do with the limited outputs so I made the best of what I could do.

My computer is mainly my Media Center PC. After upgrades to my sound systems and theater, and trying to use new operating systems, the Audigy was starting to look a little old in my mind. I was soon finding myself needing special outputs on the card that the Audigy never had, like Optical. And if you have owned one of these cards you know there is horrible driver problems right now! So, I started a lookout for a new sound card. What I needed was great Vista compatibility and digital output+analog simultaneously. Analog is all I have for the computer speakers and that's fine, but my receiver would appreciate me using the Optical input it has for better sound quality.

I ended up finding the HT OMEGA Claro Plus+ after reading enough reviews to figure this is what I needed. Ordered it from Newegg and it came in the other day.

Hell yeah! I finally got a day off to throw it in my computer! I knew I would be formatting back to Vista x64 from Windows 7 soon so I decided to do it today so my first impressions of this card will be better. Not that I'm not trusting Windows 7, I just see myself having a better experience if i went back to vista. It was about that time....

Anyways, I just got it all installed and after a little tuning in the settings and on my receiver, I got it to sound amazing!! There is crisp Highs and really pure lows! When I'm running them both at the same time, there is no hiccup of sound quality difference, its very clear. Im very pleased with this card. It took a bit to configure and get working to my sound tastes, but I think thats the best part about getting new sound equipment. :D

Well thanks for reading, I just wanted to share my experience as a proud owner of a new sound card. I'm glad I decided to branch out of the normal brands I'm used to hearing. I used to be against getting a new card, as I thought like a lot of us that creative would just magically make a driver that worked good with Vista and Windows 7 for the Audigy, and it never came.

My Setup:
HT OMEGA Claro Plus+
Kenwood Reciever running just 3.1 - Custom built Sub for Lows. SPDIF.
Logitech 2300 2.1 at the computer. Analog.

Last edited:
Back