So I just bought Sonic Generations....... for PC

LeviathanZERO

Supreme [H]ardness
And I must say...

WOW.
So yeah, Sonic, on PC.. Whatever man, I got 60fps, MLAA, 1080p, it DOES the game justice. Ironically, I didn't like the demo when I played it on a friends PS3, the low frame rate, sloppy controls, ugh, it was not fun. Did not do the game justice. I thought another Sonic team failure. Yay.

But here comes the PC version to save the day. (The Irony.) It's incredible, its a completely different game, Sonic moves like hes supposed to, the graphics are beautiful, you go FAST, the music definitely rocks and keeps you pumped. I don't even remember who talked me into it, but once I found it for $25 on amazon, I had to try it out.

The graphics are gorgeous. I kid you not, it was like SEGA saw that Sonic Fan Remix demo a while back and realized the community was doing a better job than them. The production quality is finally there, just like the colorful AM2 arcades with their loud music and awesome graphics, this game is pretty and likes to show off how many colors it can put on one screen. But of course being on the PC.... LIKE BUTTER. Frame rate like GLASS. Just an incredible difference. Another game. I mean honestly, what is the point of doing '16bit remakes', if you cant even match the 16bit framerate? Nonsense. This game was destined for PC, the way it is.

And I think this is prolly the closest SEGA will ever get to making another good classic Sonic. The 1st act of each stage is played with oldschool/fat sonic, while act 2 is "modern sonic". Act 1 is true 3D sidescroller like the old games, Act 2 is a mix of old and new 3D. The gameplay is really fun and REALLY FAST. The game is all about speed and time. In fact the online mode is nothing but a leaderboard on how fast you can finish each stage. I like how both Sonic move with just 2 buttons, jump and boost/spinball attack. Keeps it simple and real easy to PLOW through stuff. I guess thats where I'm having the most fun, just rolling/boosting through shit, Sonic is just about invincible with his moveset, as long as you are on the ground. Just like oldschool sonic. And it works, which is the most important part, where the last few games failed. Sonic is easy to control and you dont fear running into shit, since you actually have a proper attack/boost.

The "Hub" world is neat, where you choose the next stage or challenge. Speaking of which, the game has a ridiculous amount of unlockables, including the soundtrack to almostEVERY SONIC GAME. (Or at least 50 tracks from the favorites. Sonic CD is included)

Its like a SEGA love letter to Sonic fans, that will never happen again. (oldschool sonic fans anyway.) Oh and you ONLY play as Sonic. *brofist*

Just remember, I PC. I recommend, PC.
$25 bux, totally worth it. I'm playing some more after this post. Funtimes.

This pulled me away from Battlefield 3 all day sunday. lulz, Ars can back me up. (dont know what version they played)
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...ally-gets-it-right-sonic-is-fun-once-more.ars

the 360 controller works with it. i played it a little. neat there is 2 modes, a 2d mode and a 3d mode./

The more I hear about Sonic Generations the more it seems to be getting high praise by PC gamers (oh the irony!) As a Sonic fan this is getting me pretty exited about the game. Could it be that Sonic is back this time?

I found this game blistering fast or maybe Iam not use to these kind of games anymorethat i have a hard time keeping up. I also find myself just staring at the colors alot, its so bright like your on some sort of drug.

Honestly, I really want to get this, and from other people's impressions it seems worth it...but at the same time, I have too many games to play right now as it is, so I feel like this is going to get put on the back burner until a Steam sale.

The game is a blast, plus it unlocked on Steam right after I got home from work rather then having to wait till midnight.

I've been playing this too. Steam version. The game had my jaw on the floor for quite a while...hadn't played Sonic since Dreamcast and Genesis before that....holy shit! Super fun with a 360 controller hooked up.

I played and beat it over the weekend except for some of the challenges. The reviews are pretty spot in. Some levels are frustrating in 3D mode. I like the challenges, but the boss battles suck and finally "NO FUCKING CHOAS EMERALD LEVELS"

That was like the best part of Sonic 1/2/3. Trying to get all the choas emeralds added a ton of re-playability.

I've heard nothing but good things about the new sonic game. Makes me pretty happy.

It's pretty f'ing amazing on a 42" with an xbox 360 pc controller. Amazing what the PC can do with an arcade game.

I may purchase this. Its like training a dog with treats... only its training Sega with money.

"You made a moderately enjoyable Sonic game! GOOD BOY!"

This game is absolutely excellent if you are even a little bit interested in Sonic games.

Just bought it, I was hesitant at first but WOW, it's so damn good! I feel like a kid again, absolutely can't get enough!

the game is fun, but it still has some absolute bullshit moments that can ruin the fun. Regardless though, its the most fun i've had with a sonic game since the dreamcast era.

Just added it to my Amazon wish list. I think I'll get it when I've burned off a bit of my backlog. :)

The game is great but it's too bad they didnt include more stages from Sonic 3 or the earlier Sonic games. I suppose they really couldn't since they had a lot of games to cover.

And I must say...

WOW.
So yeah, Sonic, on PC.. Whatever man, I got 60fps, MLAA, 1080p, it DOES the game justice. Ironically, I didn't like the demo when I played it on a friends PS3, the low frame rate, sloppy controls, ugh, it was not fun. Did not do the game justice. I thought another Sonic team failure. Yay.

But here comes the PC version to save the day. (The Irony.) It's incredible, its a completely different game, Sonic moves like hes supposed to, the graphics are beautiful, you go FAST, the music definitely rocks and keeps you pumped. I don't even remember who talked me into it, but once I found it for $25 on amazon, I had to try it out.

The graphics are gorgeous. I kid you not, it was like SEGA saw that Sonic Fan Remix demo a while back and realized the community was doing a better job than them. The production quality is finally there, just like the colorful AM2 arcades with their loud music and awesome graphics, this game is pretty and likes to show off how many colors it can put on one screen. But of course being on the PC.... LIKE BUTTER. Frame rate like GLASS. Just an incredible difference. Another game. I mean honestly, what is the point of doing '16bit remakes', if you cant even match the 16bit framerate? Nonsense. This game was destined for PC, the way it is.

And I think this is prolly the closest SEGA will ever get to making another good classic Sonic. The 1st act of each stage is played with oldschool/fat sonic, while act 2 is "modern sonic". Act 1 is true 3D sidescroller like the old games, Act 2 is a mix of old and new 3D. The gameplay is really fun and REALLY FAST. The game is all about speed and time. In fact the online mode is nothing but a leaderboard on how fast you can finish each stage. I like how both Sonic move with just 2 buttons, jump and boost/spinball attack. Keeps it simple and real easy to PLOW through stuff. I guess thats where I'm having the most fun, just rolling/boosting through shit, Sonic is just about invincible with his moveset, as long as you are on the ground. Just like oldschool sonic. And it works, which is the most important part, where the last few games failed. Sonic is easy to control and you dont fear running into shit, since you actually have a proper attack/boost.

The "Hub" world is neat, where you choose the next stage or challenge. Speaking of which, the game has a ridiculous amount of unlockables, including the soundtrack to almostEVERY SONIC GAME. (Or at least 50 tracks from the favorites. Sonic CD is included)

Its like a SEGA love letter to Sonic fans, that will never happen again. (oldschool sonic fans anyway.) Oh and you ONLY play as Sonic. *brofist*

Just remember, I PC. I recommend, PC.
$25 bux, totally worth it. I'm playing some more after this post. Funtimes.

This pulled me away from Battlefield 3 all day sunday. lulz, Ars can back me up. (dont know what version they played)
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...ally-gets-it-right-sonic-is-fun-once-more.ars
Okay, I'm sold. I'm going to pick it up on Steam tonight. Thank you kindly for the review.

anyone else ever play Sonic on Genesis and during the fast parts it literally went at like 1 FPS

Can we get this without steam? Is it steamworks title? Where's the best deal LOL

I'll wait till its $5 then like I do with all other sp games that use steam.

I was looking into this the other day. I will definitely get it... after I play through Skyrim and Deus Ex first. ;)

I hear it comes with Surround support too! I'm gonna have to pick this up on a steam deal or something. I love sonic.

You guys make it sound like this Sonic game is the best one ever. Yea there has been some shitty sonic games, but for the most part this game is not without flaws.

No Choas Emerald stages, no mini boss battles each stage etc were some of the best things about old sonic games.

Hmm... to buy this or wait until Christmas to see if it goes on sale.

You guys make it sound like this Sonic game is the best one ever. Yea there has been some shitty sonic games, but for the most part this game is not without flaws.

No Choas Emerald stages, no mini boss battles each stage etc were some of the best things about old sonic games.

True, but its the nostalgia of the good ole times, I would think.

Back