So I just benched the new 13.11 beta drivers holy @#$@#$

This is just on 3d mark 11 I went from a p13708 to a p14584..My Graphics Score went from 18213.0 to 20298.0. About to run some more test but as soon as I started 3dmark11 I was almost 20 fps over what I usually get.. Average from test 1 went from 82fps to 92fps.. This is on a cfx 7950's @ 1105 clock..with a 2500k @ 4.5ghz..

I wouldn't get excited without testing actual games. 3D Mark is completely and totally irrelevant nonsense. Its numbers are arbitrary and do not translate to gaming performance in anyway. Variables which effect game performance do not effect 3D Mark performance and vice versa.

Old test were done on 13.10 beta 2. I know I just use 3dmark to see if my overclocks are showing an increase, i know it doesn't always turn over to real world game play.. Just saw a good pick up in scores and thought I would share..

Old test were done on 13.10 beta 2. I know I just use 3dmark to see if my overclocks are showing an increase, i know it doesn't always turn over to real world game play.. Just saw a good pick up in scores and thought I would share..

Actual games would still provide more relevant data. Either way its good to know that AMD's drivers are improving.

Yea there getting there pretty happy with my dual 7950's granted I just got them in the last month and a half or so after the beta frame pacing drivers. Also only game on a single 1080p 120hz monitor. Hope they step it up and fix them for higher multi monitor setups.

Well so far I've found 13.11 to be interesting. As in, the install failed and I had to do a number of hard resets to get back into my system. CCC says that I'm using version 13.11 but I'm not sure if the install actually completed. Bleh.

Also, it switched which card is my primary card in crossfire. My system wouldn't get past POST until I plugged my monitors into my second 7850.

I see p15426 on 3dmark11 with my xfired 7950's using the 13.9 drivers. I'd like to see what the beta drivers do for me but I'm scared to stray from official drivers as they can sometimes cause issues. Have you noticed any other oddities while doing anything else on your PC?

Worked fine so far. Played a few games and some day to day stuff.. Knock on wood the only issue I have had with the beta drivers was with 13.10 beta 1 and doing odd stuff in Crysis 2. Heck even cross fire works in WOW now.

Well so far I've found 13.11 to be interesting. As in, the install failed and I had to do a number of hard resets to get back into my system. CCC says that I'm using version 13.11 but I'm not sure if the install actually completed. Bleh.

Also, it switched which card is my primary card in crossfire. My system wouldn't get past POST until I plugged my monitors into my second 7850.

The last few drivers have caused an issue like that in my system. Even though I use the AMD driver cleaner and the driver sweep and remove everything AMD, when the new drivers install they get stuck with only my HDMI TV active. Lame!

I have been having posting issues as well since installing the latest beta drivers...

AMD list no improvements in 13.11 just that they can see the new cards.

Even though I've had some issues, things seem to run fine now. I will say that I'm glad to see these more frequent driver updates from AMD.

Holy @#$@#$ is right ! You should of posted this in the general video card section make the nvidia boys jealous. I can confirm this 100%
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7284455
Old score was JUST over 18,000. Ran is yesterday on 13.10v2. For some reason its not showing in my recent results anymore. Only an old run with a 670 I used to have lol. Not sure why must be glitchy. All my vantage and fire strike scores and stuff show up. But it does translate into real games. Not as much of a gain but check out the minimums here.
13.10v2
j6oruv.png

bga80i.png

Thats a 3.2% increase. In Metro. I'll take that.
12.11 all over again ? I hope so. Also my cards still show as 7970x2 (even though they are 7970+7950). Not sure why yours showed up as new cards.
My cards are at 1025/1500 on 7970 and 1070/1500 on the 7950. Makes up the difference in speeds and makes them get the same gpu usage. If 7950 is clocked the same the gpu usage on the 7970 goes down.

Vista...... Really?

Regardless, most Win7 drivers work on Vista just fine. Try it.

Hmm, I wonder what improvements were made in "Skyrim"?

Guess I will try them out and see if I notice anything.

I will test with the new 3dmark tonight. Anticipate some good gains in that as well. Wonder if this has gains on single GPU or if ts just crossfire due to the work they've been doing with frame pacing. 3dmark11 is much smoother compared to 13.10v2.

I picked up windows 8 and have been running 13.11 since Friday and have had no issue with World of Tanks or BF 4 beta.

Using the drivers or 3rd party apps?

I only had the option of 60hz. Went back to non-beta drivers and it is fixed. I read lots of other people online had the same exact issues. This is through windows options and CCC options only. No 3rd party programs.

See here: http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34003752

woks with one screen 120hz but eyefinity and 120hz I need to use 3rd party solution.

Back