So I have been playing SSBB for a few days

And I'm not impressed or seeing what all the hype is. I tried a little solo but the majority has been 2 or 3 people brawl. It is way too chaotic and random for my tastes.

What my friend has told me while playing with me, he says the main point of the game is about chaos and wild screaming and whacking. Not your regular fighting game.

Would be a lot more fun if you could round up some friends or if Nintendo had an online system that didn't suck balls.

Yeah, I'm a little bitter.

If you are good, it is not random or chaotic, it is tactical and precise... Anyone can pick it up and play, very few people are any good... watch some videos on youtube of some championship melee matches and you will see what I mean.

I happened to place second in a tournament in Rochester NY in melee (won 100 bucks too :D)... and even I think I suck compared to a lot of people I have seen

If it is too chaotic for you, turn off items. Play 1vs1's or 2vs2's. Pick stages that don't kill you.

Smashboards and WifiWars have a match-making system. Since Nintendo's online system is complete shit, I highly suggest that you look into those sites.

Yeah im not too impressed by the game, but I figure it would be good for when friends and family come over. I don't even bother with Nintendo's online system.

Online with friends is very fun, but otherwise I am let down by the online field. Cant even play your own made maps there (even if you both have it)

I played Melee a few times at friends and the 64 one a few times as well, ownd neither of them. However I am really liking this one, when I first started the high speed movements my clan mates and friends (who played the others like a religion) and power kills they were pulling off confused me. But after spending a little more time I found its not as chaotic as I thought. You just plane a head more and have an escape route in mind. As most people are thinking the same thing it can be confusing as everyone runs away or goes for a power it at once with one guy getting the hit.

I only play as 3 characters because I like to know what I am doing somewhat or it does feel extreemly confusing and not quite as fun, until I learn the rest of the lineup.

iono I didn't see anything uber new about brawl compared to melee. Alot of the moves are still the same and look the same.

And I'm not impressed or seeing what all the hype is. I tried a little solo but the majority has been 2 or 3 people brawl. It is way too chaotic and random for my tastes.
It has the same appeal as Wii Sports - you can mash buttons and still do relatively well, at least until you hit a certain, relatively-high level of play.

I wouldn't have minded a couple larger stages, personally.

Im not impressed either, ill only play it now if friends are round whch isnt often, (puts dust bag back on wii)

it's pretty much a friends around kind of game.

it gets pretty damn annoying when you can spam moves like crazy. Pikachu's lightning comes to mind as a spam move that can come out even after you've knocked the little bastard away. You can do a lot of work bringing down another player with well timed hits and combos only for pikachu spam to steal it away.

Yes ...I don't like it either, but since I played on my friends system & didn't buy it, I'm really happy about not wasting my money.

Soul Calibur 4 is the game to buy for your PS3 or 360 ...I can hardly wait.

What the fuck... all of you people saying you don't like it is this the first smash brothers game you have played? I have played every game in the series and I couldn't be happier with brawal, it delivered everythign I expected and more

Also, this is a multiplayer only game, you can play solo for practice but that's not what is fun about it... It seems like all of you just didnt know what to expect having never played the other games

If it is too "chaotic" for you you might want to look into a board game or a jigsaw puzzle...

Back