So I have a spare 800ish celeron and mobo to abuse....

Aaron_ATX

[H]ard|Gawd
One of the mulititudes of systems I have built my friends of the years was returned to me recently. (In return for being tech/hardware gimp for my friends I usually get all the outdated stuff back) Don't have the actually specs on hand but IIRC its a 800ish mhz celeron on an asus mobo. I think its socket 478. I'd like to get a little practice in as it relates to volt-modding a motherboard, and this looks like a prime place to start. Is there a generic guide for something like this, and does anyone recall the overclocking potential of this chip? I really don't care if I end up nuking it....as it just gives me an excuse to toss it in the trash. I'll post up the actual specs of the mobo/processor if anyone is actually interested.

ahh, old skool intel overclocking...

your celeron is a socket 370, and those tend to be fairly decent overclockers (for the time). as far as volt modding, try and find the intel spec sheets (if they are still around) for the P3/socket 370. if you know anything about electronics you should be able to figure out what pins to connect from there. I do have them sitting around somewhere so I may be able to help, but they are buried in 100+gb of files :p

FYI I used to have a Celeron 566 (cumine core) that I pushed to 133mhz FSB from 66... the sad part is, it was still slower than my P3 700 (A stepping) @933. :(

All Celeron's above 800mhz were 100mhz FSB. They were not very good overclockers compared with the slower 66mhz FSB Celeron's. Expect 900-1000mhz.

I had a few Coppermine Celeron's. 633@997, 600@1035, 1100@1250. The Coppermine Celeron's were not bad at all, the [email protected] I had could beat a P3 1ghz no problem. The 600@1035 was just a little bit slower than a P3 1ghz.

Back