So I have 4 GB of DDR2 800 Ballistix

Reaper

Gawd
And I keep fricking bluescreening, couldn't even get into windows with all 4 1GB sticks, and today it BSOD'd, and I popped one stick out and it was fine, however the other thing might be a RAM slot on my mobo, which is more likely?

Memtest 1 stick at a time. Make sure you are running the full 2.2v with 4GB of Ballistix. Depending on your chipset you may also need a higher MCP <-> SPP voltage.

Ballistix?
Vista acting up ???

I'm assuming you're doing the memtest off the bootable CD. That should give a fair opinion..

I ran 4x1 DDR2 667 Ballistix in my Vista 64 rig without any problems. Run Memtest 1 stick at a time as previously stated.

Memtest 1 stick at a time. Make sure you are running the full 2.2v with 4GB of Ballistix. Depending on your chipset you may also need a higher MCP <-> SPP voltage.

never run ballistix 24/7 w/ 2.2 volts
some mobos overvolt by as much as .1
and make sure you have good air running over them, especially if you give them more than 2.0 volts

Corsair rates the memory at requiring 2.2v. Why would you undervolt what the manufacturer specifies?

Reaper is it single sided memory or dual? Single sided stuff is failing for a lot of people including myself even when running it at low voltages and plenty of cooling.

And I keep fricking bluescreening, couldn't even get into windows with all 4 1GB sticks, and today it BSOD'd, and I popped one stick out and it was fine, however the other thing might be a RAM slot on my mobo, which is more likely?
I had a similar problem with a Shuttle XPC system for a coworker's HTPC setup,
It happened to be a memory timing issue, as it turned out we had to lengthen the CAS to RAS on the memory timing by one clock cycle.
it helps to keep a copy of the ultimate boot CD around for things like this, for running memory test.

What was funny was any single memory module would test fine in one memory slot, but they failed in pairs or the second memory slot. when it wasn't the same memory cells failing (random memory locations) I started tweaking the memory settings, until it passed for 6 hours.

Back