so i got starcraft 2

Filter

[H]F Junkie
multiplayer just feels like a mod with batter graphics.

completely unorginal.

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

If they change too much from SC, everybody will be pissed that it's not really SC. If they don't change at all, everybody will be pissed that it's just SC with new graphics.

/shrug

This game should've come out in 2007 when its graphics might have been considered good. For the life of me I can't figure out what took them soooooo long.

It really isn't, but if you want to say so go ahead.

It's his opinion just as yours is yours. And mine is I don't get the hype as I don't see any difference really between it and old Warcraft 2 and C&C features. What can I say... I was spoiled by Supreme Commander 1. Everyone has opinions, but when you aren't right there along with the masses you either get attacked and/or shut down.

This game should've come out in 2007 when its graphics might have been considered good. For the life of me I can't figure out what took them soooooo long.

Let alone $100,000,000. I did a transaction a bit over a week ago with a guy that is friends with one of the high-ups in Blizzard and this guy booked studio time for them all to play some cheesy '70's classic rock that is in a jukebox somewhere in the game... LOL. But they do have a massive cash cow on their hands with wow (pun intended).

Yeah nothing from the videos indicates this to be some sort of big budget masterpiece. Just more starcraft.

It's his opinion just as yours is yours. And mine is I don't get the hype as I don't see any difference really between it and old Warcraft 2 and C&C features. What can I say... I was spoiled by Supreme Commander 1. Everyone has opinions, but when you aren't right there along with the masses you either get attacked and/or shut down.

Let alone $100,000,000. I did a transaction a bit over a week ago with a guy that is friends with one of the high-ups in Blizzard and this guy booked studio time for them all to play some cheesy '70's classic rock that is in a jukebox somewhere in the game... LOL. But they do have a massive cash cow on their hands with wow (pun intended).
they didnt pay a 100 million to make the game.. that information was incorrect.. but i agree that supcom 1 has spoiled me and is why i probably wont buy SC2 for a while.. wasnt really a SC1 fan to begin with but with the death of the supcom series and C&C series theres not really any good RTS games to play anymore..

Say what you want....

I'm enjoying the hell out of the SP campaign.

Its almost as good as DOW II: Chaos rising

*Ducks and runs*

Say what you want....

I'm enjoying the hell out of the SP campaign.

Its almost as good as DOW II: Chaos rising

*Ducks and runs*

DOW II's single player wasnt bad.. its multiplier was a complete joke.. ended up throwing away all my DOW games after trying to play the DOW II MP..

DOW II's single player wasnt bad.. its multiplier was a complete joke.. ended up throwing away all my DOW games after trying to play the DOW II MP..

i dont get it why would you throw away the old ones if the new ones are a joke? lol :confused:

this post is about multiplayer so far im enjoying the campaign. but i dont see a differecne in there multiplayer.

The melee is identical to Starcraft 1 only if you aren't a very good player. If you were any good at Starcraft 1, you will notice the differences immediately in Starcraft 2 and the profound impact they have on melee.

The melee is identical to Starcraft 1 only if you aren't a very good player. If you were any good at Starcraft 1, you will notice the differences immediately in Starcraft 2 and the profound impact they have on melee.

Or if it's been a number of years. You could have been good and forgotten. :)

That said, it's been many years and I tried Zerg first... yeah, nothing's changed, sure. Pfffft.

Like... cake batter, or muffin batter? Are there blueberries in it? I like blueberries.

mmm pancakes...

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

If they change too much from SC, everybody will be pissed that it's not really SC. If they don't change at all, everybody will be pissed that it's just SC with new graphics.

/shrug

yep, but they managed to accomplish both imo, which I think most who have actually played both games would agree.

That said, it's been many years and I tried Zerg first... yeah, nothing's changed, sure. Pfffft.

Unfortunately Zerg plays a similar metagame from SC1 to SC2. If you want a different metagame, compare Protoss between the two games.

i dont get it why would you throw away the old ones if the new ones are a joke? lol :confused:

because i got fed up with the series.. getting sick of watching awesome game series going to complete shit.. supcom series, C&C, DOW, Red alert... list goes on and on.. at least blizzard learned from the mistakes of others and realized they were better off sticking with what the SC series is instead of trying to recreate and already awesome game from the ground up only to piss off their loyal customers like all the other developers have..

I tried Zerg for the first time in MP last night, and I was completely lost on what units to get/build order to go. I suppose it would have helped if I looked at something before diving right in :cool:

I tried Zerg for the first time in MP last night, and I was completely lost on what units to get/build order to go. I suppose it would have helped if I looked at something before diving right in :cool:

diving right in is the best part.. i mean shit i havent played single player campaign in an RTS game in for ever.. usually just do a couple AI skirmishes.. figure out a few of the starting units then head to the multiplayer..

diving right in is the best part.. i mean shit i havent played single player campaign in an RTS game in for ever.. usually just do a couple AI skirmishes.. figure out a few of the starting units then head to the multiplayer..

Same and I am loving sc2s multiplayer. It's the first RTS in a while I can see myself playing as much as I did wc3 (about 2 years and an insane amount of games).

I never played multiplayer in the first Starcraft. But my buddy and I are having a blast on co-op.

ugh sc2 singleplayer is worth the price of the game alone. multiplayer is damn near perfect

Yea, I'm going through the single player campaign right now (no spoilers please!) :). I'm loving it, and I want MORE! The only thing that bums me out, is knowing I've got a bit of a wait before I can play the zerg/protoss campaigns. That sucks :(.

I usually like playing all the campaigns to learn each of the units and structures, their strengths and weaknesses, etc. Oh well, I'll play some skirmishes against the AI with Zerg/Protoss prior to jumping into MP.

Yea, I'm going through the single player campaign right now (no spoilers please!) :). I'm loving it, and I want MORE! The only thing that bums me out, is knowing I've got a bit of a wait before I can play the zerg/protoss campaigns. That sucks :(.

I usually like playing all the campaigns to learn each of the units and structures, their strengths and weaknesses, etc. Oh well, I'll play some skirmishes against the AI with Zerg/Protoss prior to jumping into MP.

I mainly play the campaigns for the same reason as you. The one thing I found disappointing, however, is there are a lot of units in single player that are absent from multiplayer. Firebats, medics, goliaths, etc. My friends have told me 'balancing issues' are to blame, but meh. I just want medics to heal my mass marines! Oh, and also goliaths to rape air units. Please and thanks, Blizzard :D

I mainly play the campaigns for the same reason as you. The one thing I found disappointing, however, is there are a lot of units in single player that are absent from multiplayer. Firebats, medics, goliaths, etc. My friends have told me 'balancing issues' are to blame, but meh. I just want medics to heal my mass marines! Oh, and also goliaths to rape air units. Please and thanks, Blizzard :D

Really? I wasn't aware that many of the SP units didn't make it to MP?

Really? I wasn't aware that many of the SP units didn't make it to MP?

Yep. Make a skirmish game really quick and see for yourself. There may be more than the three I listed but those are the three that really stick out for me.

Firebats, medics, goliaths, vultures, science vessel, predator/hercules, the wraith, spectres, and most of the upgrades from the armory/lab aren't in MP

5 bucks says they will be released in the "expansions" and billed as an "addition to the multiplayer experience"

btw i'm not trolling, i just bought the game, i tried 2 single player missions

it's pretty cool so far

this 100x. If you're bad, its just another mine minerals, make armies, destroy sort of game. If you get a little better, you'll realize that the meta game is completely different, and the races all have a remarkably different feel from sc1.

5 bucks says they will be released in the "expansions" and billed as an "addition to the multiplayer experience"

Then they'd add like 10 units or something. A lot of them are legacy SC1 units like the science vessel, vulture, medic, goliath, and wraith. They probably axed them when balancing MP but it didn't really matter for campaign.

same, it's kind of like a throwback mod to ease oldschoolers back into the game. start off with all the old familiar units, while you transition to the new ones, this ruse basically points out exactly what they changed in the game. after playing beta, I found myself trying to remember how the hell we managed with slow, short ranged flamers and medics on foot, that don't also transport units. vets are eager to adapt either way, and builds interest for the more casual players, brilliant way to go about it imo.

Blizzard games aren't supposed to be the next FarCry, and SC is no different. The cool thing about Blizzard games is that they're very scaleable so it can run on a wide range of machines.

Firebats, medics, goliaths, vultures, science vessel, predator/hercules, the wraith, spectres, and most of the upgrades from the armory/lab aren't in MP

Yikes, seriously? I wasn't aware of this. "Balancing" or not, that's just bullshit.

in multiplayer do you really want all of those units? more importantly do you want your enemies to have them? i think medics just let people mass tons of marines and cheese stim packs too much. science vessels were worthless except for the occasional emp. vultures were only good for the spider mines. firebats were a waste of a character from day 1.

also the upgrades from the armory/lab would have made the terrans ridiculous, plus they would have the upgrades but not the toss or zerg units? that'd be fair.

i fucking LOVE that the sp isn't just like the multiplayer. it builds a better sense of immersion than just build 100 of unit x and then kill the computer, which happened all the time in the first campaign (which i still loved) but so far these missions force you to learn the correct counter units and build a balanced squad.

Back