So.....I got a PS3 for $100 on Ebay.

3. Sony won't repair it if there is no proof of purchase apparently.

If your paying they will fix anything (with the warranty sticker intact)

The proof of purchase is for under warranty replacements.

I have had a PS3 repaired with the warranty seal broken -- it was out of warranty to begin with (20 GB model) and no proof of purchase.

Someone is trying to sell some PS3's that have "flashing red lights & 3 beeps". I can't remember if a fix for this was ever suggested. Anyone? Can't re-read the whole thing, didn't find anything on search.

I have had a PS3 repaired with the warranty seal broken -- it was out of warranty to begin with (20 GB model) and no proof of purchase.

Yah, I corrected myself on the post after that. It cost $150. They can refuse to do it if the seal is broken. But as long as it's in reasonable condition looks like they'll do the fix.

But still, If you have to fork out $150 + shipping maybe...what, that's like $170 maybe, + say the initial $60 to $100 for the broken unit? So then you could be looking at $230-270 bucks. So now you have a refurb / repaired ps3 still not under warranty, which can possibly fail on you again, who knows, and it's probably in bad condition with a bunch of scratches and is something you are not going to be happy with keeping in the long run.

I don't know, I like my things to be in nice shape. I basically got my ps3 for $200 and it was mint etc. It was used and bought on craigslist, but the guy was the original owner and had pride of ownership. There just seems to be better alternatives, unless maybe you are just trying to gamble and make a quick buck. And if the gamble doesn't play out they'll just resell if it's unrepairable but will have to trade some of their morals and be a little less than honest to get that unrepairable unit to sell on ebay.

But if you plan on keeping the ps3, I'd just buy used on craigslist, there are lots of people that have lost their jobs and are getting rid of their luxuries like ps3s, etc., and will sell them for a bargain if they need the cash right away. Alright, I said my peace, good luck.

do you have the seller's screen name? $100 for teh ps3 sounds like a HOT DEAL!

Bought a PS3 from a local salvage auction today for $65. Wont get to pick it up until Monday.

Claimed it had no power but the back switch was in the off position. Dont know what size drive it had but it did have the card reader.

This thread is still alive? I think I bought my "broken" $100 PS3 from this thread almost a year ago...

Still running strong btw :D

Well, I got the PS3 and it seems to be 95% functional.

Turns on but only the multi-out works, cant get anything from the HDMI. I've tried 2 cables and 2 tvs with no success. I'm updating the firmware to see if that helps, had 2.40 on it. I've done the video reset a couple times, even connecting both outputs at the same time and manually selecting HDMI, just doesnt want to send a signal.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just look for as-is PS3's mainly. Most people look for ones that supposedly have no video out which can sometimes be fixed by doing a video reset or it may actually be bad. (a lot know about it now so harder to find)
Luck of the draw mostly as some have gotten fully functional PS3's for very cheap, while others have had to send it in to sony to be repaired. (In my own case got a 60GB PS3 for $100, but couldn't fix it so paid another 150 to get it fixed. So $250 total...Still going strong after a year tho... :) )

I think everyone is wondering what the name of the eBay seller in the first post is. Does anyone know? Please, I've been looking for a PS3 for a while now.

Basically if the OP link isn't good, just go on ebay and search for As-Is and narrow it down to the console/s your looking for. From there you'll have to look for the most promising deal you can find and hope for the best.
Pretty much what i did.

damn man I want a ps3 for $100, what is the ebay seller's name?

08-05-09
damn man I want a ps3 for $100, what is the ebay seller's name?

I've casually followed this thread since day one (glad to see it hasn't died). Your posts absolutely baffle me. You seem to pop up every few months and ask the exact same question. 10 people tell you to read the thread and one person actually answers your question, then you go into hiding for another few months.

08-03-2009
I just love your setup there, chief, very clean looking.

So which ebay seller sells the ps3 for a hundred bucks is what I want to know.

06-15-2009
do you have the seller's screen name? $100 for teh ps3 sounds like a HOT DEAL!

01-30-2009
does anyone have the link to the $100 ps3?

12-13-2008
I don't have time to read all 48 pages....can someone please tell me where to buy a ps3 for $100 on ebay?

Is this with MS cashback @ 30% + ebay paypal coupon for 20% off?

12-13-2008
Cliff notes, Sir? :D

10-12-2008
can someone please post cliff notes on this thread?

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THATS HOLY... JUST READ THE FIRST TWO POSTS ON THIS THREAD. You've spent nearly a year on your quest for a cheap PS3 when it only takes ~30 seconds worth of reading. I'm not bashing, just saying... good god man, read the first two posts! You could've put a dollar in a jar each day and just payed full price for one by now...

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THATS HOLY... JUST READ THE FIRST TWO POSTS ON THIS THREAD. You've spent nearly a year on your quest for a cheap PS3 when it only takes ~30 seconds worth of reading. I'm not bashing, just saying... good god man, read the first two posts! You could've put a dollar in a jar each day and just payed full price for one by now...

Lmao /thread

Just wanted to update the one I purchased when this thread started bluray lens is now gone awaiting my ps3 shipping box and paying sony 150.00 to fix it :-( And I just bought a load of bluray movies man I am pissed but shit happens. My PS3 was dated Sept 06 Manufactured

ahhh good to see this thread is still going... my 60gb is still chugging along, and Street Fighter 4 for $20 was just as sweet :)

ok guys i got one that has no video output...i noticed that the tv wont even detect it..not even a black screen my tv is just saying no signal found. i have tried doing the video reset trick and no luck could this be something hardware related? looks like it was opened before since theres no sticker

wow i remember when this thread first started.. since someone brought it back, how is everyones units doing that originally bought them from ebay?

My PS3 with no video out still works after more than 1 year for less than $100

I replaced the blu ray lens on mine about 18 months ago and mine is going strong. I am scared that it knows GOW3 is coming and might choke out on me now.

I haven't looked on ebay, but I imagine now that there was a price drop and most of the video reset units are better understood, it will be hard to get much of a deal anymore.

i got a no video ps3..and it wont even let my tv detect..i have tried these steps to resetting the video

Did you try a set of PS2 composite or component cables? I picked up a PS3 at a salvage sale cheap last year and the hdmi port doesnt funtion. Works fine using component cables though.

Did you try a set of PS2 composite or component cables? I picked up a PS3 at a salvage sale cheap and the hdmi port doesnt funtion. Works fine using component cables though.

i tried it with a composite cable that came with my other ps3 my tv still says no signal. i might be better off just selling it

Back