So I got a 13" MBA and now I am thinking of selling my PC...

Mavsfan

Weaksauce
Yes, its true. I have used Windows since Windows came out... It doesnt do much for me anymore, it is nothing special in my book. Since I have a 13.3" MBA non retina, I am very pleased with everything Mac OSX has to offer and it is simple...

Is there a self help book to not make this decision?

Troll thread? I'll bite.

I use the PC in my sig to the fullest extent honestly. And I own a 15 mbp retina, and its a drop in the bucket compared to my PC for 99% of what I do.

The mbp has its purposes don't get me wrong. But I game, edit video, do cad work etc. My PC and monitors are so much better for me.

To each their own, but a Mac let alone a laptop will never replace my PC for form and function. That said you must have had a crappy PC setup.

Okay so... this basically requires a bunch of memes:

"Cool Story Bro"

"K thx bye"

"Next"

"B7"

"in b4 the lock"

etc...

Now with that out of the way, what are you trying to accomplish with this thread? Foster a discussion of people pleading with you to either make a decision to sell a computer that we own that none of us have any interest in? Seriously, no one cares about your selling decision. If you want to sell your PC, go for it. If not, not.

It's a tool. This is no different to me than saying: "hey, should I sell by Black and Decker Sander now that I've bought a Snap-On one that I like more and the other one doesn't get used?" Not sure what kind of hand-holding you need here.

Yes its a tool, they both have the same purpose.

I dont do heavy video editing or CAD work, I know having a higher end PC will do it. I do some gaming, but lost alot of interest in gaming and custom built PCs over the years and find the simplicity of the Mac over the PC. Even though they have their ups and downs...

Not looking for attention, for god sakes, just a material possession...

I like the fact that I can spend less on the PC for more but the graphics of a Mac are better than a PC....

Yes its a tool, they both have the same purpose.

I dont do heavy video editing or CAD work, I know having a higher end PC will do it. I do some gaming, but lost alot of interest in gaming and custom built PCs over the years and find the simplicity of the Mac over the PC. Even though they have their ups and downs...

Not looking for attention, for god sakes, just a material possession...

I like the fact that I can spend less on the PC for more but the graphics of a Mac are better than a PC....

You're the one that asked for a self help book in your OP. Your opening statement are melodramatic. I don't think you can expect anything but at the very least mildly sarcastic remarks after that.

I recognize that this is a pet peeve of mine, but making any thread that has zero chance of any sort of clear answer or reasonable discussion drives me crazy. Especially the "hand-hold" variety. From the outset, your post is a personal one, suck it up and make a choice.

I just use the Windows machine for gaming, some light photo editing. Its a 6core i7 with 14gb of ram, great machine but I have been looking at quitting the gaming all together and going to just to a laptop. Gaming is just for burning time, I experienced my pro gaming ten years ago before LAN parties became a business...

Ill use both for now

I'd find it very hard to from my desktop monitor to a 13" screen for daily use. Unless you are mobile all the time, or plan to use your MBA with the external monitor.

I dont use the 13" for daily use, just for mobile usage. It connect to a 27" monitor when using it normally. BIG difference...

I am hobby photographer and use my 2013 MBA for all my photo stuff while I'm on the road. It's the lightest computer I have and that makes a big difference when you have lenses and cameras (mine plus the GFs) as well as our normal luggage.

At home it's PC all the way. As much as I like my Mac (the long battery life and PCIE SSD are beast!), until they get more gaming support, I'll keep all of my PCs.

I've contemplated selling my gaming PC as well, since it sees very little use now. It's just hard to give up (and get rid of) a Surround set up when I do fire it up, every now and then. :D

Back