so i finally won a newegg shuffle but lolz at the msrp

Impatience was what drove the pricing.
Sure! miners and scalpers contributed but the overwhelming reason Nvidia, AMD and their Add-in-board partners and retailers command these prices is due to people's attitudes.
"I must have a card no matter what"
Some guys justified the purchase with all kinds of bogus reasoning.
Companies can now artificially slow deliveries to keep the market lean and pricing high...for months.
You'll now need to wait and hope Crypto crashes completely or the market reaches a point of saturation.
That is the only way for pricing to get close to what it was.

It takes zotac a couple days to ship. One time it took a day and another took 4-5.

I bought a couple 3070's from early last year.
Well, they obviously ain't Amazon. lol I hope they don't take 5 GD days to ship it. Man.

Impatience was what drove the pricing.
Sure! miners and scalpers contributed but the overwhelming reason Nvidia, AMD and their Add-in-board partners and retailers command these prices is due to people's attitudes.
"I must have a card no matter what"
Some guys justified the purchase with all kinds of bogus reasoning.
Companies can now artificially slow deliveries to keep the market lean and pricing high...for months.
You'll now need to wait and hope Crypto crashes completely or the market reaches a point of saturation.
That is the only way for pricing to get close to what it was.
AIBs are now getting in on the scalper action. I mean, why should they sell cards at MSRP, just to have a pseudo middle man make more than they are on each sale? Also, Zotac is now limiting purchases to 1 per address/credit card per week. And, they are selling them for only 200 cheaper than scalpers are selling them on Amazon. The thing is, Zotac is seling a 399MSRP card for 700, and scalpers are trying to sell them for 900.00. Here Zotac is making huge profits, and under cutting scalpers. So, good for them, in that way. I'm glad I checked the Zotac store. Also, to prevent Amazon from selling them to scalpers, Zotac isn't selling them through Amazon on Amazon, or that I can tell , even selling on Amazon at all. It's all scalpers. Again, good on them.

Still a FUCK load to pay for a 400 dollar card (or in normal days, much less).

Last edited:
AIBs are now getting in on teh scalper action. I mean, why should tehy sell cards at MSRP, just to have a psuedo middle man make more than they are on each sale? Also, Zotac is now limiting purchases to 1 per address/credit card per week. And, they are selling them for only 200 cheaper than scalpers are selling them on Amazon. The thing is, zotac is seling a 399MSRP card for 700, and scalpers are trying o sell them for 900.00. Here Zotac is making huge profits, and under cutting scalpers. So, good for them, in that way. I'm glad I checked the Zotac store. Also, to prevent Amazon from selling tehm to scalpers, Zotac isn't selling them through Amazon on Amazon, or that I can tell , even selling on Amazon at all. It's all scalpers. Again, good on them.

Still a FUCK load to pay for a 400 dollar card (or in normal days, much less).
Sad....isn't it?
When $300 over MSRP is seen as a 'great deal' for a low-level card by some... yet better than the $500 scalpers will ream those impatient people for.
A company's willingness to do what is right, is only as good as the people running it.
I could understand $75-100 over the MSRP but $300 from the company?
It says a lot.

Sad....isn't it?
When $300 over MSRP is seen as a 'great deal' for a low-level card by some... yet better than the $500 scalpers will ream those impatient people for.
A company's willingness to do what is right, is only as good as the people running it.
I could understand $75-100 over the MSRP but $300 from the company?
It says a lot.
Yeah, but Zotac has no other option except to sell high enough that Scalpers won't buy the cards. Yeah, it's sickening, but at least they are fighting them on monetary levels.

Just saw:
ASUS KO-RTX3060TI-O8G-V2-GAMING KO GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Video Card
View Detail

$609.99

On NewEgg Shuffle. Missed the event though. It started at 8AM and I guess ended at 11AM.

And there was also:

ASUS Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition Gaming Graphics Card (PCIe 4.0, 8GB GDDR6, LHR, HDMI 2.1, DisplayPort 1.4a, Axial-tech Fan Design, Dual BIOS, Protective Backplate)

• $699.99
Would love to have had that for what I just paid for the 3060ti. However, I have to remind myself that some people, most, have never won a shuffle.

Point is, this is a new trend. A 3060ti ging for less than 700? A 3070 for 700? Yeah still gross, but it's a downward trend.

Here is what it says on the Zotac store site:

"For RTX 30 Series products, each household is limited to one item every 2 weeks. Orders beyond the first order from the same household within the 2-week time frame and orders with multiple RTX 30 Series products will not be processed."

Pretty impressed with Zotac service so far. I sent a technical question to their tech dept., and got a replay back less than 24 hours later. The same service response time is measured using a calendar with Gigabyte.

It also says:

"Due to the order volume received, all orders with air shipment options will be processed the following business day. For ground shipment orders, it may take 3 to 5 business days to process orders. Please contact us at [email protected] for order related questions."

Since mine was 2 day, it's air alright, so I expect it to ship no later than tomorrow.

I just got into Shuffle. WTF? I thought they were for graphics cards at MSRP? I mean, I can buy one right now on Amazon for those prices. I don't get it. Fuck new egg.

I hope Newegg gets bludgeoned by their own greed after this shortage ends.

Well, I'm just one ordinary guy, but maybe there are others like me. It used to be when I needed some tech item, I automatically went to NE, and just bought what I needed. I liked and still like the user reviews. Better than Amazon. But these days, I look first on B&H Photo, but their range of products is limited and I also look on Amazon. I try like all heck to avoid the third party sellers on NE. So I usually end up buying from Amazon or B&H.

In particular, I can't forgive Newegg for their scammy/scummy "bundles."

So if there are 100,000 guys like me out there, then that's costing NE some simoleons.

It's not New Egg, as I thought previously. AIBs are selling them on New Egg much higher than MSRP now. New Egg is just the Middleman. Good thing is, fucking scalpers are taking it in the B hole. I'd rather have AIBs profit than scalpers, as long as they can undercut them, even 100 bucks. that makes me feel good.

Yeah, but Zotac has no other option except to sell high enough that Scalpers won't buy the cards. Yeah, it's sickening, but at least they are fighting them on monetary levels.

Just saw:
View Detail

$609.99

On NewEgg Shuffle. Missed the event though. It started at 8AM and I guess ended at 11AM.

And there was also:

ASUS Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition Gaming Graphics Card (PCIe 4.0, 8GB GDDR6, LHR, HDMI 2.1, DisplayPort 1.4a, Axial-tech Fan Design, Dual BIOS, Protective Backplate)

• $699.99
Would love to have had that for what I just paid for the 3060ti. However, I have to remind myself that some people, most, have never won a shuffle.

Point is, this is a new trend. A 3060ti ging for less than 700? A 3070 for 700? Yeah still gross, but it's a downward trend.

You have to play to win. I don't enter the shuffle every day, but I've "won" 3 or 4 times (most recently for a $329 EVGA rtx3050). I've won that $609.99 3060Ti before.

You have to play to win. I don't enter the shuffle every day, but I've "won" 3 or 4 times (most recently for a $329 EVGA rtx3050). I've won that $609.99 3060Ti before.
Yeah me too. I just won yesterday and am giving a 3060 ti @ cost ($680) to someone who needs it. It was one of the Asus models.

Just checked shuffle today and found prices getting lower on at least the 3060ti: 589.00 on Shuffle. 110.00 cheaper than I just paid on the Zotac store. Although Zotac will ask more for the AMP version and in white. I'll declock it back to factory specs when I get it and save 40 wattts power top power consumption--that does jack shit to improve performance.

Also, on Amazon, while prices are still sky high and virtually all scalpers, there seems to be some price competition between them now (see image). I love to see them cutting each other's throats. Still above what I paid on the Zotac site, and no AMP white models for anywhere near what I paid. However, terhe does seem to be some price competition now.

3060ScalperUndercutting.jpg

3060ti.PNG.jpg

Yea, they have a better filter/search system. Newegg as a company is barely above eBay these days.
That's a gross insult to EBay, IMHO. EBay has scalpers, sure, but it's not like EBay the company is out to scam or slime you

Last edited:
That's a gross insult to EBay, IMHO. EBay has scalpers, sure, but it's not like EBay to company is out to scam or slime you
Neither is Newegg. Ire used them since 2001.... Juts use the shipped by and sold by Newegg filter.

Just saw:
View Detail

$609.99

And there was also:

• $699.99

Those have been daily shuffle prices for 3-4 weeks now. You see 3060 Ti's for under $600 and 3070s for $700 to $750. Bid every day and you'll win one eventually.

Those have been daily shuffle prices for 3-4 weeks now. You see 3060 Ti's for under $600 and 3070s for $700 to $750. Bid every day and you'll win one eventually.
Still way too much.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Still way too much.

Well, the next time you see $399 3060Tis and $499 3070s is when the next gen (or the one after :eek:) drops and you are buying them used the way the market is now.

Those prices aren't terrible for NIB cards in this market.

Well, the next time you see $399 3060Tis and $499 3070s is when the next gen (or the one after :eek:) drops and you are buying them used the way the market is now.

Those prices aren't terrible for NIB cards in this market.
True enough, but the current market is absolutely bonkers.

Fortunately, when video card prices come back down to earth, or even near-earth orbit, your cards will drop a few hundred in value. But that's nothing compared to what will happen to people who went all in on Gamestop or crypto, for different reasons.

Intel is investing 20B in it's own foundry here in the US. It's about fucking time.

That's going to be a big failure like Global Foundries. You just can't make competitive foundries here in the US. In Taiwan you can hire skilled engineers for $30k, here it's like triple that, and they won't work the crazy hours they do in Taiwan. Then you don't have all the supporting vendors down the street like they do in Hsinchu, also staffed with engineers willing to work crazy hours for cheap.

That's going to be a big failure like Global Foundries. You just can't make competitive foundries here in the US. In Taiwan you can hire skilled engineers for $30k, here it's like triple that, and they won't work the crazy hours they do in Taiwan. Then you don't have all the supporting vendors down the street like they do in Hsinchu, also staffed with engineers willing to work crazy hours for cheap.
Intel already has many foundry in the US, about in the exact same location than the new planned one:

https://www.intel.com/pressroom/kits/manufacturing/Fab32/photos.htm
https://www.cnet.com/pictures/a-look-inside-intels-mammoth-arizona-chipmaking-fab/

And people do work 12 hours shift in them.

What do you mean by supporting vendor needed by Intel ?

Intel already has many foundry in the US, about in the exact same location than the new planned one:

https://www.cnet.com/pictures/a-look-inside-intels-mammoth-arizona-chipmaking-fab/

Intel’s big new fab announcement was for Ohio which is a new site. If you visit TSMC it is a city of not just TSMC fabs but all the supporting vendors - chip making equipment makers, consumables makers, metrology makers etc. you need all that too to be competitive with TSMC.

Yes Intel is good at making CPUs but they suck at whatever else they try. Even the new Intel GPUs will be made by TSMC, so that’s not going to help the GPU shortage.

Well, I'm just one ordinary guy, but maybe there are others like me. It used to be when I needed some tech item, I automatically went to NE, and just bought what I needed. I liked and still like the user reviews. Better than Amazon. But these days, I look first on B&H Photo, but their range of products is limited and I also look on Amazon. I try like all heck to avoid the third party sellers on NE. So I usually end up buying from Amazon or B&H.

In particular, I can't forgive Newegg for their scammy/scummy "bundles."

So if there are 100,000 guys like me out there, then that's costing NE some simoleons.

Given what Newegg has done recently with their RMA, that speaks volumes of their business standards.

Thank man. I'll never buy from New Egg. That sort of shit is just too stressful. I had a similar thing happen with Amazon on a 10 dollar item. they said the return didn't include a cable, which it did. What I suspect happened was the person unpacking the box didn't look hard enough, and tossed the box with the packing material, and the cable too. I actually did get a supervisor after protesting several times to CSR and recording the txt conversation. The supervisor said the cable wasn't in the box, so I said, "So, you are going to keep the product and my money, and can you prove the cable wasn't in the return box as opposed to your warehouse losing it?" He said, "No." and then HE said he would refund it. Rarely that happens though.

The fact that Steve never opened the box is all he logically needed to explain to them.

Thank man. I'll never buy from New Egg. That sort of shit is just too stressful. I had a similar thing happen with Amazon on a 10 dollar item. they said the return didn't include a cable, which it did. What I suspect happened was the person unpacking the box didn't look hard enough, and tossed the box with the packing material, and the cable too. I actually did get a supervisor after protesting several times to CSR and recording the txt conversation. The supervisor said the cable wasn't in the box, so I said, "So, you are going to keep the product and my money, and can you prove the cable wasn't in the return box as opposed to your warehouse losing it?" He said, "No." and then HE said he would refund it. Rarely that happens though.

The fact that Steve never opened the box is all he logically needed to explain to them.

They bought an open box motherboard - that's a big risk regardless - this could have just been incompetent RMA department, maybe even one worker who didn't care or screwed up. It's difficult to know if it was a company policy, seems unlikely.

They also seem to have screwed over UFD Tech...not someone I've watched before, but saw the videos. Didn't pay for sponsored videos or pay up on their sponsor of a charity stream per whatever program/deal they had with the channel for sponsored content.

They bought an open box motherboard - that's a big risk regardless - this could have just been incompetent RMA department, maybe even one worker who didn't care or screwed up. It's difficult to know if it was a company policy, seems unlikely.
This isn't an isolated incident. Besides, it doesn't matter if it were an open box item. Steve never even opened the shipping box from New Egg.

They also seem to have screwed over UFD Tech...not someone I've watched before, but saw the videos. Didn't pay for sponsored videos or pay up on their sponsor of a charity stream per whatever program/deal they had with the channel for sponsored content.

Just say no to New Egg. They are fucking themselves in the face doing this sort of thing. Amazon is probably loving it.

This isn't an isolated incident. Besides, it doesn't matter if it were an open box item. Steve never even opened the shipping box from New Egg.
And no buyer ever has lied to Newegg in an attempt to scam them?

So, let me understand your logic: You can scam others as long as you have been scammed?
That's not what I said, just saying that not every customer is thruthfull and as a company you have to make sure you help the honest ones and not reward the dishonest ones and sometimes stuff goes sideways in doing so.

Someone at Newegg made a misstake and put something in open box iso e-waste or to a differrent repair shop so now they have to go out of business? There won't be a lot of companies left with that attitude.

Not sure if I said it in this thread or a different one, but Steve has also made faults, not to the point he needs to lose his money, but why did he put fresh tape on an unopened box? You realy think an RMA dude is going to carefully peel that one of to see if the one below it is still intact? How is that guy supposed to know that the mobo was sent away broken in this case?

I heard Linus go on for 20+ minutes about how bad it was to sell this mobo as new when it clearly was not, guess what, Steve himself already stated from the start it was open box, guess now Linus needs to go out of business for lying to his viewers?

Just saying when you buy open box, you're relying on the RMA department not to screw up, and on them testing the returned board properly, which is difficult. See my thread about my new PC build having shorting issues with USB ports. If I returned that motherboard they'd never notice that testing it (they should read the RMA description and not resell it but who knows if they do).

So it's not clear if this was a company-authorized scam or just incompetent (or scamming) RMA department. I'm guessing incompetence.

Back