so i finally won a newegg shuffle but lolz at the msrp

Nightwing749

Limp Gawd
https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-gef...me-12g/p/N82E16814932440?Item=N82E16814932440

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813145269?Item=N82E16813145269

Screenshot_20210826-121138_Chrome.jpg

Combo for $2041 + tax. This is only $150 less than ebay scalper prices. What I do? lol.

Last edited:
That isn't MSRP, that is Newegg's price bundled with the motherboard. The MSRP of the card is $1,649 and the motherboard is $399 (currently selling for $359 at Best Buy). Newegg is selling the motherboard for $402 by itself. Seems like a fair price for that bundle.

Just saw that same video card for 1599 at Microcenter ... they had ONE left..

Call them and tell them you're having a technical issue checking out since there's an obvious mistake on the price since it's about $400/24% above its MSRP. :D

yikes. I also got a 3060 combo with a PSU where they PSU MSRP was $119, but was selling for $53 on amazon/bestbuy.

I was lucky enough to get my 3080 from NewEgg back in November of 2020. Got it in a bundle with a shitty Asrock mobo. Was able to send the mobo back for a refund. Now and days NewEgg will not allow partial returns of any bundles- must return the whole bundle. Newegg is now own by some Chinese tech company.

I was lucky enough to get my 3080 from NewEgg back in November of 2020. Got it in a bundle with a shitty Asrock mobo. Was able to send the mobo back for a refund. Now and days NewEgg will not allow partial returns of any bundles- must return the whole bundle. Newegg is now own by some Chinese tech company.
And Newegg has gone from one of the stars among online retailers to about 2 inches above the bottom of the barrel.

Not from my experience. They're still excellent.
OK. I find the bundles on the Shuffle cheesy. Combine a product in short supply with something else no one needs but you are forced to buy. Like I said, cheesy. Can you point to any other large online retailer that takes this approach? And some of their third-party sellers have a poor rep.

I've been finding I like B&H a lot lately. Their website is easier to figure out what you're looking for than newegg. Newegg you have to be so darn careful from all the dodgy resellers.

I've been finding I like B&H a lot lately. Their website is easier to figure out what you're looking for than newegg. Newegg you have to be so darn careful from all the dodgy resellers.
Unlike Amazon, newegg has an easy filter for sold/shipped by newegg only.

OK. I find the bundles on the Shuffle cheesy. Combine a product in short supply with something else no one needs but you are forced to buy. Like I said, cheesy. Can you point to any other large online retailer that takes this approach? And some of their third-party sellers have a poor rep.
Bundles on hot products are nothing new when they're in short supply. Who cares about 3rd party sellers? Amazon is far worse since you can't easily filter them out while you CAN with newegg.

Me too. Unfortunately the product selection for PC technology is limited compared to Newegg and Amazon. But I really like their Payboo credit card, so you get fast delivery and don't pay sales tax.

Bundles on hot products are nothing new when they're in short supply. Who cares about 3rd party sellers? Amazon is far worse since you can't easily filter them out while you CAN with newegg.
Agreed about Amazon being worse than Newegg. I buy stuff from Amazon only when I can't find the item elsewhere.

I just got into Shuffle. WTF? I thought they were for graphics cards at MSRP? I mean, I can buy one right now on Amazon for those prices. I don't get it. Fuck new egg.

I entered the shuffle this past Tuesday for the first time, and won. I had selected a EVGA 3080 12GB FTW3 Ultra, and also had to get a EVGA PSU for $150, which Im trying to sell. The 3080 was $1299, which was also the price on EVGA's site. Those Gigabyte cards are just overpriced, especially that the clocks are no higher then the cheaper cards.

I entered the shuffle this past Tuesday for the first time, and won. I had selected a EVGA 3080 12GB FTW3 Ultra, and also had to get a EVGA PSU for $150, which Im trying to sell. The 3080 was $1299, which was also the price on EVGA's site. Those Gigabyte cards are just overpriced, especially that the clocks are no higher then the cheaper cards.
So it looks like the AIB's are scalping now too. I remember when NO card wold go for over MSRP. The last shuffle had rtx3050s for 500.00. FUCK NO. The MSRP is 249.00. No way an AIB can get that much more performance out of a god damn card to justify that sort of gouging. There was a Zotac rtx3050 for 249, but I don't want a brand new card that performs like a 1060. There were zero 3060ti cards in the last 3 shuffles.

Last edited:
I just got into Shuffle. WTF? I thought they were for graphics cards at MSRP? I mean, I can buy one right now on Amazon for those prices. I don't get it. Fuck new egg.

Other than some of the new 3050s, cards are never at MSRP - why would they do that when people are falling all over themselves to pay 50% over MSRP?

Just don't bid on the overpriced ones. 3060 and 3060 Ti prices have come down a lot on the Shuffle, the higher priced cards will come down eventually.

Other than some of the new 3050s, cards are never at MSRP - why would they do that when people are falling all over themselves to pay 50% over MSRP?

Just don't bid on the overpriced ones. 3060 and 3060 Ti prices have come down a lot on the Shuffle, the higher priced cards will come down eventually.
That's my point. They NEVER use to be over MSRP. They would never sell. We use to wait a few months and get lower than MSRP. The MSRP for a 3060ti is $329.00. And, that was a year ago.

Where are you guys getting all this money you're 'throwing away'?
Who in their right mind spends this much for a videocard, the basis of which had an MSRP of $699?
People have let patience....or lack thereof cause them to lose their minds.
No RTX3080, Ti or otherwise is worth those prices.
They sell them to folks because they know you'll buy them at whatever prices they dream up.
I won't buy any of those on principal alone.
I have a GTX1060-6 and that'll have to do until the prices improve or until I quit computer gaming and go do something else.

$399, but point taken.
329.99 for the 3060, yes, thanks. But the 3060 really isn't worth it if you have another 70 bucks. In any event, I'm sure the fuck not paying over MSRP for any of these scalping pieces of shit, which includes manufacturers raising their prices over reference cards. The increase in performance these AIBs (now in my mind, scalpers too) get is minuscule in performance and cost to performance value. I'd like to just have a bone stock 3060ti with a good set of quite double fans, and I'd gladly pay (well not gladly, but given the situation) MSRP for that card. Shit, I guess if people all over the globe have so much money they can buy a 3050 for 800.00, let them, I guess. I also guess nVidia and AMD could simply keep supply low and charge 50% more for MSRP, make more than they were before Covid, while keeping production costs even.

I wait for the new Intel card. I also wait for a time when scalpers have loads of inventory, and the three card makers hit them with a huge supply shipment. Having them get stuck with 1000s of cards they can't sell for the inflated prices they probably bought them for would make me LOL.

Where are you guys getting all this money you're 'throwing away'?
Who in their right mind spends this much for a videocard, the basis of which had an MSRP of $699?
People have let patience....or lack thereof cause them to lose their minds.
No RTX3080, Ti or otherwise is worth those prices.
They sell them to folks because they know you'll buy them at whatever prices they dream up.
I won't buy any of those on principal alone.
I have a GTX1060-6 and that'll have to do until the prices improve or until I quit computer gaming and go do something else.
You would think a basic low-midranged 3060 card costing $800.00 would price people out of gaming and crash the gaming market after two years too, but no, the money from people's pockets just keeps flowing. Maybe this inflation is the real new normal based on people having so much more money than anyone knew. I'll tell you this much, Gigabyte and MSI are price gouging like crazy. Thus, they won;t get my business anymore for a long time. I hope a short term scalping profit was worth losing a customer for at least my foreseeable future. Lots of other companies to do business with.

The realy sickneniong thing is, if you check in stock 3060tis, they are currently between 900 and 1200.00 USD. Of course, always sold by "ODSEE COMPUTERS, or ZOKZOK, or wahtever scalpers name their idiot, illegitimate scalping business. I never see one offered by EVGA, Gigabyte, etc.

For instance:

$1,048.68: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3060 Ti VISION OC 8G Graphics Card, WINDFORCE 3X Cooling System, 8GB 256-bit GDDR6, GV-N306TVISION OC-8GD (REV 2.0) LHR Video Card​

In stock.
Ships from China <---yes. Of course.

That's from New Egg, and Amazon is exactly the same. That's a 156% mark up over MSRP. I'd be privileged to buy one for 600. So much for stock or price improving. At some point, tehse prices are going to start impacting game developers too.

Last edited:

$1,048.68: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3060 Ti VISION OC 8G Graphics Card, WINDFORCE 3X Cooling System, 8GB 256-bit GDDR6, GV-N306TVISION OC-8GD (REV 2.0) LHR Video Card​

In stock.
Ships from China <---yes. Of course.
And you will be damn lucky if you ever get a card.

And you will be damn lucky if you ever get a card.
I'll buy a card from an AIB, but never from a scalper. Bottom line: As long as the market keep buying them, the prices will continue to increase. That's the one I want, but no way to get that. MSRP: 400.00

Attachments

• 6439402_sd.jpg
    6439402_sd.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Just checked the Zotac store and found a 3060ti White LHR new edition with the fan stop and better fans updated from the one released early 2021. With shipping and tax, it's going to set me back 817.00. They don;t even have any other 3060tis available.

There's two reasons video cards go for way over MSRP. Mining is one - as long as it's still attractive to miners, they'll keep snapping up cards, and they'll pay whatever price they can break even on.

Second is the inflation, people got all kinds of financial support - college loan deferral, rent deferral, stimmy checks etc, plus people couldn't spend money on travel, vehicles (due to lack of supply) etc, so there's still tons of cash out there ready to buy.

So it's going to be a long time before cards go for MSRP, since there's a huge backlog of gamer demand, and miner demand doesn't seem to be slowing much. Plus supply is still limited.

There's two reasons video cards go for way over MSRP. Mining is one - as long as it's still attractive to miners, they'll keep snapping up cards, and they'll pay whatever price they can break even on.

Second is the inflation, people got all kinds of financial support - college loan deferral, rent deferral, stimmy checks etc, plus people couldn't spend money on travel, vehicles (due to lack of supply) etc, so there's still tons of cash out there ready to buy.

So it's going to be a long time before cards go for MSRP, since there's a huge backlog of gamer demand, and miner demand doesn't seem to be slowing much. Plus supply is still limited.
All true, but don't forget about foundry capacity and chip shortages.

I'll bet you could post this next January and nothing will have changed.

All true, but don't forget about foundry capacity and chip shortages.

I'll bet you could post this next January and nothing will have changed.
Could be a long time, yes. I bit it and bought the Zotac updated 3060ti AMP White edition. I'm using a 2012 AMD 7950, and my main game was just updated to the Unreal 4 engine, so i have like 8FPS in game, on everything low, and running my 1440 monitor at 1024 in game - lol. Well, I guess one justification is that I haven't updated my ard since 2013. This Zotac 3060ti should get me through the shortages until I need another update. Now I jsut have to wait for the "Your item has shipped" notification from the Zotac store and not "Th item you ordered is unavailable currently. We'll let you know when it has shipped." However, they did already charge my CC, so that better not happen.

Last edited:
Could be a long time, yes. I it it and bought the Zotac updated 3060ti AMP White edition. I'm using a 2012 AMD 7950, and my main game was just updated to the Unreal 4 engine, so i have like 8FPS in game, on everything low, and running my 1440 monitor at 1024 in game - lol. Well, I guess one justification is that I haven't updated my ard since 2013. This Zotac 3060ti should get me through the shortages until I need another update. Now I jsut have to wait for the "Your item has shipped" notification from the Zotac store and not "Th item you ordered is unavailable currently. We'll let you know when it has shipped." However, they did already charge my CC, so that better not happen.

I did the same thing, got a Zotac 3060 Ti Amp Box when they had the deals last year (since long gone). Running it with a NUC11 i5, it's a pretty awesome little game machine. Meanwhile I'm trying to win a shuffle 3070 for my new 5600X desktop build.

Could be a long time, yes. I it it and bought the Zotac updated 3060ti AMP White edition. I'm using a 2012 AMD 7950, and my main game was just updated to the Unreal 4 engine, so i have like 8FPS in game, on everything low, and running my 1440 monitor at 1024 in game - lol. Well, I guess one justification is that I haven't updated my ard since 2013. This Zotac 3060ti should get me through the shortages until I need another update. Now I jsut have to wait for the "Your item has shipped" notification from the Zotac store and not "Th item you ordered is unavailable currently. We'll let you know when it has shipped." However, they did already charge my CC, so that better not happen.
It takes zotac a couple days to ship. One time it took a day and another took 4-5.

I bought a couple 3070's from early last year.

Won a combo on the shuffle like the OP and it was slightly cheaper. Ended up returning the combo as I had regrets.

A friend of mine won a 3060ti and offered it to me for cost. I turned it down as I'm saving coins for a 3080. Hoping prices normalize somehow if that's ever gonna happen.

Back