so i finally won a newegg shuffle but lolz at the msrp

Nightwing749

Limp Gawd
https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-gef...me-12g/p/N82E16814932440?Item=N82E16814932440

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813145269?Item=N82E16813145269

Screenshot_20210826-121138_Chrome.jpg

Combo for $2041 + tax. This is only $150 less than ebay scalper prices. What I do? lol.

Last edited:

Armenius

Fully [H]
That isn't MSRP, that is Newegg's price bundled with the motherboard. The MSRP of the card is $1,649 and the motherboard is $399 (currently selling for $359 at Best Buy). Newegg is selling the motherboard for $402 by itself. Seems like a fair price for that bundle.

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
Just saw that same video card for 1599 at Microcenter ... they had ONE left..

NewEgg has fallen so far from when it was the go-to for PC hardware. Such a shame.

I have a the exploding Gigabyte PSU from when I ended up with their 3070 combo.

T4rd

Fully [H]
Call them and tell them you're having a technical issue checking out since there's an obvious mistake on the price since it's about $400/24% above its MSRP. :D

Jinxycat

n00b
yikes. I also got a 3060 combo with a PSU where they PSU MSRP was $119, but was selling for $53 on amazon/bestbuy.

Kerby1280

n00b
I was lucky enough to get my 3080 from NewEgg back in November of 2020. Got it in a bundle with a shitty Asrock mobo. Was able to send the mobo back for a refund. Now and days NewEgg will not allow partial returns of any bundles- must return the whole bundle. Newegg is now own by some Chinese tech company.

philb2

Limp Gawd
I was lucky enough to get my 3080 from NewEgg back in November of 2020. Got it in a bundle with a shitty Asrock mobo. Was able to send the mobo back for a refund. Now and days NewEgg will not allow partial returns of any bundles- must return the whole bundle. Newegg is now own by some Chinese tech company.
And Newegg has gone from one of the stars among online retailers to about 2 inches above the bottom of the barrel.

philb2

Limp Gawd
Not from my experience. They're still excellent.
OK. I find the bundles on the Shuffle cheesy. Combine a product in short supply with something else no one needs but you are forced to buy. Like I said, cheesy. Can you point to any other large online retailer that takes this approach? And some of their third-party sellers have a poor rep.

applegrcoug

Limp Gawd
I've been finding I like B&H a lot lately. Their website is easier to figure out what you're looking for than newegg. Newegg you have to be so darn careful from all the dodgy resellers.

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
I've been finding I like B&H a lot lately. Their website is easier to figure out what you're looking for than newegg. Newegg you have to be so darn careful from all the dodgy resellers.
Unlike Amazon, newegg has an easy filter for sold/shipped by newegg only.

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
OK. I find the bundles on the Shuffle cheesy. Combine a product in short supply with something else no one needs but you are forced to buy. Like I said, cheesy. Can you point to any other large online retailer that takes this approach? And some of their third-party sellers have a poor rep.
Bundles on hot products are nothing new when they're in short supply. Who cares about 3rd party sellers? Amazon is far worse since you can't easily filter them out while you CAN with newegg.

philb2

Limp Gawd
Me too. Unfortunately the product selection for PC technology is limited compared to Newegg and Amazon. But I really like their Payboo credit card, so you get fast delivery and don't pay sales tax.

philb2

Limp Gawd
Bundles on hot products are nothing new when they're in short supply. Who cares about 3rd party sellers? Amazon is far worse since you can't easily filter them out while you CAN with newegg.
Agreed about Amazon being worse than Newegg. I buy stuff from Amazon only when I can't find the item elsewhere.