So I bought a kinect. A couple questions.

Snappshoota

[H]ard|Gawd
Well decided to buy another kinect, had one at launch, while it was fun, there were no games out for it, ended up getting rid of it.

Was an impulse buy this time, walking through buybacks and they had 1 left for 60 bucks with kinect adventures.. figured what the hell and grabbed it..

Now, my questions.

What are some fun games? Just bought Fruit ninja and been playing the shit outta it.. Got Kinect sports, and of course Kinect adventures.

Hows the UFC trainer game? Would think it might motivate me to actually loose the few pounds I gained over winter..

Also, since Im living in an apartment, Has anyone used that Nyko Zoom, does it actually work as advertised?

Thanks!

The gunstringer is the only fun game that feels like a game instead of novelty minigames or dancing.

Nyko zoom sorta works for tiny room but seems to make the forward and back play area worse.

The reviews for the Zoom are hit and miss. Some say it works great when you get a quality one. Some say they suck.

I bought a wall mount and placed my kinnect kind of high up on the wall. While I don't have the best results it works fairly well. My only problem is my tv sits lower than head level when standing up.

I bought a wall mount and placed my kinnect kind of high up on the wall. While I don't have the best results it works fairly well. My only problem is my tv sits lower than head level when standing up.

This works best in my living room as well. Getting the Kinect up and back against the wall lets it more easily see the playable area in the room. When it was down in front of the TV, it worked like crap.

I hear Mass Effect 3 works pretty well with Kinect. Mostly voice commands. Same with Skyrim.

Kinect Adventures and Dance Central are probably the best games for it. I tried the UFC trainer but found it didn't detect a lot of the moves so I gave up after a few days. I was about 12 feet away from the kinect sensor.

I've read reviews claiming "Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012" to be the best game for Kinect so far. I really want to get it but still don't see any deals for it.

This works best in my living room as well. Getting the Kinect up and back against the wall lets it more easily see the playable area in the room. When it was down in front of the TV, it worked like crap.
I'm thinking of moving mine up higher as well. Has anybody tried the newer TV clamp mounts? Are they worth anything?

Back