So how Serious is Serious Sam 3???

Pay attention to the health bar as well, When it's greyed out, you can't damage the boss. When it turns white, you can hurt it.

Thanks for that tip......I figured you had to rocket that ship someplace, but the greyed out aspect I hadn't even considered.......
I've been too busy dodging those damned exploding screaming guys......I spend more time laughing at them than I do playing the game I think......this game is just fun, stupid fun.:D

Anyone else noting crazy bright bloom effects in some of the later levels? I must be on level 9 or 10 or somewhere around there and it is so bright in the desert that I am having a hard time seeing the enemies when not between canyons in the shade. I've disabled bloom but the effect is still there.

Is it supposed to be blinding like that for realism/hardness factor or do I have a graphics problem? Running 2x6950 2GB cards now with latest official AMD drivers and CAP 3.

I have found the game to be very bright as well. Fiddling with the settings just doesn't help at all..........I guessed it was to make the desert effect more obvious.

.......I guessed it was to make the desert effect more obvious.

It seems to get more intense as the game goes on, especially on the last level--more time in the desert i guess. I catch myself squinting at my monitor and I think to myself "This is what they were going for".

I notice the same effects (GTX460). I turned off bloom and ambient occlusion and it doesn't make it go away. It's especially prominent on the last level before the final boss. Finally finished the game 26hrs in and I didn't even search for that many secrets.

I noticed the effect too and I'm guessing it's to make it "realistic". In real life, going from shadows to bright light, you get that bad "over exposure" and squint like mad. Sunglasses make this way less obvious.

The weird thing is that Sam is wearing sun glasses, but we still get this effect.

OK, I have not totally finished the game BUT...........

Did it seem easier than SS the first encounter or SS the 2nd encounter?

I remember times in the 2nd that I had so many Kleers coming at me in a mid evil type wall setting I nearly blew through all my ammo.

There sure have been some tough battles here and there in SS3, but it just seemed like i blew up fewer aliens dorkheads than before

OK, I have not totally finished the game BUT...........

Did it seem easier than SS the first encounter or SS the 2nd encounter?

I remember times in the 2nd that I had so many Kleers coming at me in a mid evil type wall setting I nearly blew through all my ammo.

There sure have been some tough battles here and there in SS3, but it just seemed like i blew up fewer aliens dorkheads than before

I haven't finished the game yet either (on the 10th level), but yeah, I agree with you. The previous Serious Sam's just seemed more epic, with overall bigger maps and a greater volume of enemies.

I want to go get a pirated version just to see what that scorpion does. :D

i did it with my legit copy just to see the scorpion.. friggin hilarious trying to run away from that thing. i actually got it trapped once then ran away like a mad man only to have it warp back in front of me which scared the shit out of me.

I do admit that levels are kinda easier than they were in past games, I mean, most of the time I can run back a bit and tackle enemies one by one, or jam them in a doorway.

Sure it kinda "abuse" the system but it works :p

I remember in one of the SS where you entered a spot with room all around you and they simply spawned a crapload of enemies, last one being like 20 bulls at once with very little space to move around. Needs more of that :)

I do admit that levels are kinda easier than they were in past games, I mean, most of the time I can run back a bit and tackle enemies one by one, or jam them in a doorway.

Sure it kinda "abuse" the system but it works :p

I remember in one of the SS where you entered a spot with room all around you and they simply spawned a crapload of enemies, last one being like 20 bulls at once with very little space to move around. Needs more of that :)

I agree, at times I've just run back into a corridor and let the enemies run after me, then used rockets or C4 and that was that.
i thought it was just me using those tricks.:D

I keep waiting to walk into one of those arenas and have the door shut locked on me so I have no where to go.......that's more like the older SS.

I agree, at times I've just run back into a corridor and let the enemies run after me, then used rockets or C4 and that was that.
i thought it was just me using those tricks.:D

I keep waiting to walk into one of those arenas and have the door shut locked on me so I have no where to go.......that's more like the older SS.

I too used the back up into a corridor trick. It worked well.

There was one part that was open like in SS the first encounter right before the final boss where you had to cross a big open area. In SS3, there was one of those and swarm of bulls came after you. However, they were to big to fit in the entry doorway. So, you could just sit back and blast tthem with the shotgun as they ran around.

For all who are complaining about the level of difficulty, you can change that you know ;).

For all who are complaining about the level of difficulty, you can change that you know ;).

But the tricks will still work. you can still just back up through narrow passages and if your fighting opponents that only have melee weapons then you can just get to a high spot and shoot them while they run around at your feet. Yeah you could just not do those things but the game should of been designed so that you couldn't in the first place.

I ran mine on "serious." The "mental" is just annoying IMHO. The whole flashing in and out of invisibility wasn't for me. I was hoping they dumped that and made that difficulty with 50% more baddies and the same ammo.

I loved the game and I'm going to play it again on the "serious" level and hunt for secrets this time.

The difficulty is merely in your ampunt of health or available health packs.
There are still the same levels and number of baddies.

The final battle however was pretty much typical Serious Sam.............overall the game has been really fun. Fun enough to do again.

That plus the Hard review of the graphics settings actually allowed me to dial in the game and make it look alot better.

With all the settings cranked my GPUs are finally being pushed to 85%.:D

The difficulty is merely in your ampunt of health or available health packs.
There are still the same levels and number of baddies.

The final battle however was pretty much typical Serious Sam.............overall the game has been really fun. Fun enough to do again.

That plus the Hard review of the graphics settings actually allowed me to dial in the game and make it look alot better.

With all the settings cranked my GPUs are finally being pushed to 85%.:D

Difficulty affects the enemies health and damage they do.

Regarding the last couple of levels and the blinding sun. Croteam sure did a good job of mimicking the sun, as I can't see shit! What's odd, though, is that if you disable crossfire, the blinding light is no more. With crossfire enabled, you can't see shit because of the sun! Weird...

Just bought this game and its alright, the AI isn't too smart though and a huge wave of enemies come toward you at certain times.

Well the AI is supposed to be little stupid, it uses clear patterns otherwise the game would be rather impossible especially at later levels. The more you progress in the game bigger and harder the waves become :p

Well the AI is supposed to be little stupid, it uses clear patterns otherwise the game would be rather impossible especially at later levels. The more you progress in the game bigger and harder the waves become :p

Yeah, the waves in the last level are pretty crazy! This is the Serious Sam I know and love! I just wish there were more of this in the earlier levels and just more of it in general.

Played the first couple of chapters. Pretty meh so far. Guess, I have grown out of the shoot brain dead enemies until they are dead syndrome in gaming.

I'm glad that there is a pure old school shooter like this but I wouldn't mind a mix of things. Like at points have wave after wave of brain dead enemies, but at other parts have good ai using squad tactics and cover, and to make it really hard at times do both things.

hey guys. just bought this game. loved the first 2. graphics are amazing but i keep getting low virtual memory warnings and it occasional hangs, but i think the hangs are because i'm running my vid card OC, but what's with the low virtual memory warnings?

i also notice if I toggle out of game to surf the net or whatever Chrome starts crashing to shit and i get pop ups saying extensions are disabled, etc..

I'm find buying another 4GB of RAM as it's only ~$30 but want to make sure that's teh reason I'm having these problems. Seems odd this game would push me past 4GB without "literally" everything else closed.

hey guys. just bought this game. loved the first 2. graphics are amazing but i keep getting low virtual memory warnings and it occasional hangs, but i think the hangs are because i'm running my vid card OC, but what's with the low virtual memory warnings?

i also notice if I toggle out of game to surf the net or whatever Chrome starts crashing to shit and i get pop ups saying extensions are disabled, etc..

I'm find buying another 4GB of RAM as it's only ~$30 but want to make sure that's teh reason I'm having these problems. Seems odd this game would push me past 4GB without "literally" everything else closed.

P.S. my system specs are

i2500K ~4.5ghz
GTX 470
Corsair 650TX
4GB DDR3 1600
Hauppauge HDTV Tuner
Creative Audigy2 ZS

check your memory usage in the task manager with the game and chrome open.. as far as the virtual memory thing goes, try changing your desktop visuals to windows 7 basic before turning the game on, that forces aero off and usually stops the virtual memory errors, then you can set it back to your normal one after.

Everyone should have at least 8-12GB w/ram as cheap as it is.

lol why, i never break 2.5Gigs of usage ever.
I think Oldie means everyone who actually uses their computer. Hell, I'm sitting at just under 4GB of usage right now and I don't have any games or memory-hungry programs open other than Firefox.

I think Oldie means everyone who actually uses their computer. Hell, I'm sitting at just under 4GB of usage right now and I don't have any games or memory-hungry programs open other than Firefox.

Same here except I'm at 1.7 GB. Something might be amiss there.

Same here except I'm at 1.7 GB. Something might be amiss there.
No, it's normal. I have a lot of programs open; nothing that individually uses a lot of resources, but combined they do consume quite a bit of memory.

I bought a copy of this for myself for $12 and then later I bought a copy for a friend at $20. Played the campaign in Co-op last night and had a blast. It's the first MP game that I've enjoyed in a long time.

The last level is just comically ridiculous -- I ended up having to run past most enemies in order to keep some sanity. Has anyone actually completed that area managing to kill everything AND on serious difficulty? What a game, haha.

The last level is just comically ridiculous -- I ended up having to run past most enemies in order to keep some sanity. Has anyone actually completed that area managing to kill everything AND on serious difficulty? What a game, haha.

I beat the game on hard and plowed through all the enemies on the last level - killed every single enemy. Maybe I'll try and tackle Serious difficulty next, but only after I upgrade my cards. If I were to tackle Serious difficulty, I want to be able to play the entire game at 60 fps or higher, which I currently cannot do. The last level was indeed crazy and dragged on a little too long, but nevertheless, I enjoyed and loved it because of its epicness. That epicness is what defines Serious Sam for me and that was what was lacking in the early levels of the game.

And as a side note, this is a great game to use to benchmark your pc. The last level is the best level to use to perform the benchmark because of how much shit they throw at you. This is what you do. Enable god mode and try and spawn as many enemies on the screen as possible. For added fun, enable aerial mode and fly over the entire level, which I highly recommend because it's cool as hell. Then, watch your fps PLUMMET. This is the new Crysis, baby. ;)

Last edited:
what does it mean if my video card is rated at 1.2GB and the game is at ~1200-1250GB? I'm playing with ultra except GPU speed which is "high" plus Mpix at 2.0MP which is my native res 1980x1020. I have vsync on and the game stays at ~50-60fps most of the time...

i've never seen a game max out my GTX 470 RAM before..

Back