So how Serious is Serious Sam 3???

You know whats funny.....The pics iv seen in this thread....the textures to me accually look way better then Rage!!!

Man I had no idea the game was out...loved that first one, this is a Must buy for me!

does it support eyefinity?

it never gets boring thanks to 16 player co-op :D. i mean hell look at all the people that played L4D. that's the most repetitive boring ass game ever created.

that is why I never bought l4d2.

It was just killing zombies.....It gets old after awhile.

Another review. I tend to like Bit Tech, their review usually line up with my own feelings. I find myself falling into the the prevailing opinion, too, that the game is lots of fun but its just missing the goofiness of the old games (time traveling school bus spaceship...) and I miss the varied, beautifully colorful levels. But Croteam doesn't want to make the same game over and over again so I applaud them for trying to make some variations to their formula.

Does it support eyefinity? Exactly how wide do you think my monitor is? :p

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1038055189&postcount=18

From the very first page of the thread. ;)

your screenshots was one of the reasons i bought it so quickly. i normally wait a little while to buy new releases so the developers can iron the kinks out. this game has been almost perfect for me as far as usability and stability.

Even the prior HD versions of the TFE and TSE have outstanding eyefinity support. The only thing I don't like about this one is that the others seemed to be aware of bezel compensation and would space out text so that all of it was visible. This one doesn't seem to have that.

Even the prior HD versions of the TFE and TSE have outstanding eyefinity support. The only thing I don't like about this one is that the others seemed to be aware of bezel compensation and would space out text so that all of it was visible. This one doesn't seem to have that.

hrm, i havent noticed an issue other than my on-screen icons for Health, Armor, etc...are slightly blocked. but i can read everything that is necessary...

I'm talking about the stone tablet translations, a few words are obscured for me, I'm on 5760x1200.

Having never played a SS game before, is it really basically just wave after wave of enemies? It seems like it would get repetitive as he said.

The fun in a SS game is beating the impossible challenge. As you play the game you come across areas you know you can not beat and so you die and die. After a few times you rise to the situation and eventually beat it only to walk around the next corner and see an even more insanely impossible challenge. So yes it is repetitive, in the same way that playing tennis against a Wimbledon champion is.

On the other hand if you are one of those gamers who likes to play through the game on easy then it will be like playing tennis against Stephen Hawking and you will wonder why people think this is fun.

Another review. I tend to like Bit Tech, their review usually line up with my own feelings.

Little features, such as the ability to aim down the iron sights of some of your weapons, or the introduction of a new melee attack for up-close insta-kills, paint Sam as less of a fun caricature and more as a familiar sheep

Ripping the eyeballs out of cyclops aliens isn't a fun caricature and is familiar? I must have missed all the other games that did that.

I do agree there could be more variation in the levels (at least from what I've played so far) but I don't agree that this is a downgrade from the actual mechanics of the previous SS games.

So looking to buy this, thought there would be some Cyber sale today, but so far I'm not seeing it for SS 3. I thought I saw something in this thread about it being 24 somewhere?

So far I have not seen it.

help?

So looking to buy this, thought there would be some Cyber sale today, but so far I'm not seeing it for SS 3. I thought I saw something in this thread about it being 24 somewhere?

help?
You missed the 24$ deal.

its worth $40, imo. thats the most ill pay for any pc game anyway. :p

Another review. I tend to like Bit Tech, their review usually line up with my own feelings. I find myself falling into the the prevailing opinion, too, that the game is lots of fun but its just missing the goofiness of the old games (time traveling school bus spaceship...) and I miss the varied, beautifully colorful levels. But Croteam doesn't want to make the same game over and over again so I applaud them for trying to make some variations to their formula.

I didn't like TSE as much as I did TFE, not by a long shot. This game is more similar to TFE and I was happy to see that. I thought that the gimmicks from TSE broke up the flow of the game. Secondly, screw bit-tech. Yeah, they rated rage 80%, come on.

The fun in a SS game is beating the impossible challenge. As you play the game you come across areas you know you can not beat and so you die and die. After a few times you rise to the situation and eventually beat it only to walk around the next corner and see an even more insanely impossible challenge. So yes it is repetitive, in the same way that playing tennis against a Wimbledon champion is.

On the other hand if you are one of those gamers who likes to play through the game on easy then it will be like playing tennis against Stephen Hawking and you will wonder why people think this is fun.

Exactly. And some of these battles are TRULY epic and insane. That is what makes this series so awesome.

I didn't like TSE as much as I did TFE, not by a long shot. This game is more similar to TFE and I was happy to see that. I thought that the gimmicks from TSE broke up the flow of the game. Secondly, screw bit-tech. Yeah, they rated rage 80%, come on.

I also prefer the First Encounter over the Second Encounter as well. Both are still amazing games, but I much the prefer the first one.

Oh, and as I'm starting to get farther in 3 now, I'm now starting to see the same crazy hordes that I saw in the 1st/2nd Encounters! Yay! :D Game started off slowly and poorly in my opinion, but things are now starting to pick up.

Loving the game so far.

Had a few "retry 15-20 times" spot and my GF was REALLY annoyed at the constant : "ahhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" x100

:D:D:D

Other than that, I can't play for more than an hour or so at a time, too much adrenaline flowing, damn you old age, damn you.

The first spaceship battle was truly epic :)

help?

I missed too, but forked the 40 over and love it. Worth it to me. I've only got through level 5

Just bought this game today, being the first Serious Sam game I played and only on Tourist difficulty I'm enjoying this game tremendously. Probably my current favorite fps.

Just bought this game today, being the first Serious Sam game I played and only on Tourist difficulty I'm enjoying this game tremendously. Probably my current favorite fps.

Omg Tourist! You can sneeze and kill them. Crank that shit up! :p

my GF was REALLY annoyed at the constant : "ahhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" x100

Haha, I played this like 8 hours straight after right after the release and for the rest of day my ears were ringing with the scream of headless kamikazes :D

has anyone tested nvidia 290.36?
i didnt run a bench test before, so i dunno if this beta benefits ss3

Omg Tourist! You can sneeze and kill them. Crank that shit up! :p

Sneeze?? you don't even have to work that hard on that level. You just have to look at them and they explode!!!

I think he's warming up and finding all the secrets. Then, he'll fire it up on "serious" level.

This game is keeping me up at night.....................................
I don't have much "fun" time right now. So, I play when I can.

I also noticed they fixed the double barrel shotgun quirk from SS2. It was a great long range weapon.

Basically, when you loaded a saved game with the dbl barrel shotgun, it shot to a pin point instead of that box spread pattern.

some screenies to entice people that are sleeping on this great game!
that last pic, the grass (crumbs didnt recieve shadows), i turned that back on. looks ugly without shadows. no performance hit.
i do agree, the textures and environments look better than rage @ ~5GB at that!!!

NDrrd.jpg

VAW9D.jpg

2YQtI.jpg

7ZgjX.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wowa nude chick with wings and a head inside a head... going to have nightmares now because of you, lol!

wowa nude chick with wings and a head inside a head... going to have nightmares now because of you, lol!

Yeah it's pretty freaky, but for the record you can't post or even link to any kind of realistic boobies here, so I removed the image. ;)

Yeah I've read the devs looked long & hard for good people to create HD textures. And their coding seems top notch too.

Their work really, really paid off, they look great.

Other dev studios *cough*too many to mention*cough* should take some "Serious" notes.

Yeah, whatever you think of the content of the game, the execution is pretty amazing compared to what we normally get. I've only seen a couple of glitches and that was when I was exploring areas looking for secrets I was probably never intended to get to (I didn't cheat it just took awhile to find a usable path).

I may have to get this pretty soon. Looks like people are right: This shows you more or less what Duke Nuke Em Forever should have been like broadly speaking.

Yeah, whatever you think of the content of the game, the execution is pretty amazing compared to what we normally get. I've only seen a couple of glitches and that was when I was exploring areas looking for secrets I was probably never intended to get to (I didn't cheat it just took awhile to find a usable path).

Agreed, in terms of execution, off hand, I can't think of any major game title released semi-recently which can come close to the amount of polish this game has. The extra month they took seemed to be really worth it.

Again, unlike other major titles... *cough*

Agreed, in terms of execution, off hand, I can't think of any major game title released semi-recently which can come close to the amount of polish this game has. The extra month they took seemed to be really worth it.

Again, unlike other major titles... *cough*

Like pretty much most others? It's sad this is an exception to the so called rule.

some screenies to entice people that are sleeping on this great game!
that last pic, the grass (crumbs didnt recieve shadows), i turned that back on. looks ugly without shadows. no performance hit.
i do agree, the textures and environments look better than rage @ ~5GB at that!!!

2YQtI.jpg

If you're this close to this particular baddy, then you're nearly toast at this point. Well, unless you are blowing throw tons of ammo with the minigun (hardly mini) taking down all his rockets as you pass by,

If you're this close to this particular baddy, then you're nearly toast at this point. Well, unless you are blowing throw tons of ammo with the minigun (hardly mini) taking down all his rockets as you pass by,

These guys seem a lot harder than in the old games. They move a lot quicker and tend to move at angles to you so you can't just fling a bunch of rockets at them from range and then move on. You either need to get close with rockets or spend a ton of bullets from one of the assault rifle or minigun. Or use the cannon.

These guys seem a lot harder than in the old games. They move a lot quicker and tend to move at angles to you so you can't just fling a bunch of rockets at them from range and then move on. You either need to get close with rockets or spend a ton of bullets from one of the assault rifle or minigun. Or use the cannon.

The devastator is hands down the best weapon for taking on distanced high level baddies. Very fast travel time and a big punch.

Back