So how many of you actually

Nahawand

Limp Gawd
...Delete a game from Steam after finishing it ? My Steam library is nearing the 1TB mark and that's with half my games installed and half of those I will probably never play again ( SP games with sequels).

...Delete a game from Steam after finishing it ? My Steam library is nearing the 1TB mark and that's with half my games installed and half of those I will probably never play again ( SP games with sequels).

Hell, I don't keep a game around if I haven't touched it in a little over a week. As of right now, I only have three games installed from Steam (TF2, Dota and FTL), plus BF4.

Once I beat a campaign I delete the game immediately. I never have more than 5-6 games loaded on my SSD.

I don't, but when I format at some point after I beat a game, I wont install the game again unless it's one I love (stalker games, I'm lookin at you!). For the most part, beat it, I'm done with it.

However, aside from BL2, I don't think I have honestly beaten a game in a very long time now - most games I buy and play now aren't games that can be "beaten", such as MC, KSP, StarMade, etc..

I have a dedicated 256gb ssd for steam, so I can't have 1/4 of my library on it. I keep my current titles on it and delete them afterwards.

Me. Out of the 114 games in my Steam library, I have four installed. A Valley Without Wind 1, AntiChamber, Dark Souls, and GRID.

I'm also the guy who, when asked if I've read all of the 2,000 books in my library (real books made out of paper, thank you) says "Of course not, why would I want a bunch of books I've already read?"

I'm constantly removing games and reinstalling them at some point thinking that I'll play them again but never do.

Usually, once I finish a game, it's gone unless there's some reason to leave it installed like multiplayer or if it's just that good that I must play it again immediately.

Occasionally I delete a game right after I finish it but I usually leave them installed and then get rid of anything I haven't played in a while when my 256gb SSD gets down to about 20% free.

I keep all mine installed. Dont know why. If I format I only install them as I play them.

I delete or archive mine after I play through. I also backup my saves. Only so much space in my ssd and not much time for games

My steamapps is synced to my NAS and I can delete games but it wont be deleted from the NAS drive in case I want to copy the game folder back over to play it or my drive fails.

I only keep about 5 installed. Once I no longer desire to play one, I archive it to network storage.

I just change the category to _Finish to move it out of my list. The only games I delete are the ones that are bad and I know I'll never play again. If I need to free up some space, I will delete some games I haven't played in a while, but now that I have 1.3TB dedicated to steam, that hasn't happened in a long time.

I move them over to my 4TB hard drive when I am done. I may have the itch to play it again and don't want to download it over and over.

I tend to keep the good games on an external backup so if I decided I want to play them again I just have to move the files back into a steam folder. Much quicker than having to re-download them.

My Windows Steam library resides on a 160GB SSD so I pretty need to delete games after finishing them. On the Linux side, I have the library symlinked to a mount point for a 1TB drive so I care less about space, but then again there are so few less games for Linux that have large assets.

Only games I delete are ones that turned out to really suck. Those are gone.
Others are put into two catagories.. active and inactive.. active of course are the ones Im currently playing inactive arent playing but will look at later.

There is a 3d trashcan which are games that I wish I could just delete from steam.

I don't delete specific games from Steam...I just reformat my hard drive frequently so it gets wiped that way...I only download games I'm currently playing

I just leave it. I've never had the problem of running out of storage due to too many games.

I periodically remove the games, and/or reformat my system. Usually I am reformatting my system due to a change in hardware which coincides nicely in cleaning up my steam list.

I have 0 games downloaded in my Steam library. I download game every time I want to play and after I finish playing I immediately delete it. It helps me from my gaming addiction.

I delete a game once finishing it but I am trying not to. I used to keep my entire collection installed but if I ever had to reinstall them all I would cry. Been thinking of saving an image of the drive in case that happens. Suggestions ?

Only games i have installed on steam is dota2, cs 1.6 and csgo, i have more games on steam but it just takes up space on the SSD =/

I have 0 games downloaded in my Steam library. I download game every time I want to play and after I finish playing I immediately delete it. It helps me from my gaming addiction.

You should write a program that zaps you every time you try to install a program. Perhaps you can wire it to your chair, that way you get electrocuted when you attempt to install games.

I delete a game once finishing it but I am trying not to. I used to keep my entire collection installed but if I ever had to reinstall them all I would cry. Been thinking of saving an image of the drive in case that happens. Suggestions ?

You could load them all up on a secondary HDD and maybe keep an image of that? If you use an SSD, perhaps only keep the ones you play the most on it, and install the others on a much larger HDD.

You should write a program that zaps you every time you try to install a program. Perhaps you can wire it to your chair, that way you get electrocuted when you attempt to install games.

someone who find a good solution for game addiction will become a millionaire. I play may be 8 hours a week on weekend and consider this too much. I would not mind to reduce it to 0 hours but cannot.

Aside from a select few all time favorites, I delete every game I finish. It's sort of my ritual. Deleting a game signifies its completion and removal from my backlog.

You could load them all up on a secondary HDD and maybe keep an image of that? If you use an SSD, perhaps only keep the ones you play the most on it, and install the others on a much larger HDD.

Yeah I keep my games installed on my 500GB secondary drive right now. But if I ever had to format and reinstall my OS on my SSD I would have to reinstall all the games on the 500GB wouldn't I ?

Yeah I keep my games installed on my 500GB secondary drive right now. But if I ever had to format and reinstall my OS on my SSD I would have to reinstall all the games on the 500GB wouldn't I ?

I am not sure about that, but I don't think you have to. I have not tried it personally, but I am pretty sure some of my friends have gone through the process a few times. From what I understand, once you reinstall Steam on the SSD, just point it to where the games are located on your secondary drive. Supposedly it will go through an update process where it verifies the games, which should only take a few minutes. Perhaps someone else here can chime in on it. Here is a brief link from Steam in their "How To" that pretty much says the same about the update.

2X256GB ssd and i make sure things are deleted after playing. i have about 5-6 steam games active at a time. After that, they get deleted. Cloud saving is a godsend there.

I keep everything, until a reformat happens, which is incredibly rare.

When I buy an expensive PC part, I actually like to use it instead of just having it as extra weight for my PC. As a result, I uninstall steam games all the time so I can fit games I am playing on my SSD, and actually use it :)

I like to keep my SSD pretty tidy. I always uninstall and rarely have more than 3 games installed at any one time.

Aside from a select few all time favorites, I delete every game I finish. It's sort of my ritual. Deleting a game signifies its completion and removal from my backlog.
I feel the same way. It closes the book on the game, which helps when you have a 50-100 game backlog.

I never delete anything, I just keep on installing new ones that I'll probably never play. Thanks Humble Bundle! Thanks Steam sales!

Back