So everything is o.c.'ed in BIOS...but not in Windows 7

Theultimateeye

Limp Gawd
What's up guys. So I have a 2600k o.c.'ed up to 4.8 ghz. You know the usual overclock, VRM 350, Ultra High LLC, Extreme T. Probe, blah blah blah. Anyways so it's definitely overclocked in UEFI Bios (Mobo is a P8Z68 V-Pro. But when I go into Intel Burn Test, CPU-Z, and Realtemp it shows that the cpu is NOT overclocked. CPU-Z says everything is at 3.4ghz and the ram at 800mhz. Realtemp shows really low temps when I run the burn test (even for a Phanteks cooler) I'm wondering how this is possible??? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure your power plan in the power options control panel isn't set to 'power saver'. When I had that set it throttled my cpu way down. Try setting it to 'high performance' and see what happens.

You gotta switch your power plan in Windows to "high performance" for it to show the OC.

Oh it's definitely on High Performance. Every possible option I could find is on high performance. Meaning no power saving, nothing of the sort. Keep in mind I never had this problem before. When I would overclock the cpu it would show up on CPU-Z, RealTemp, etc. Then I decided to give the cpu a break for a while. Well when I went back to o.c. it i'm now having this problem. ANY input is appreciated. Thanks, Jeff.

Anyone? I also noticed that the memory is only reading at 800mhz when it's set at DDR3-1600mhz in BIOS. Could I have a bad motherboard? There are a couple usb ports that don't work but I didn't think it was a big deal since I didn't need them.

Anyone? I also noticed that the memory is only reading at 800mhz when it's set at DDR3-1600mhz in BIOS.

800MHz = DDR3 1600

so that is correct.

Remember all DDR ram is Double data rate.

I just had this issue with my Gigabyte board and 3570k, I had to reflash the BIOS to get it to start working again. All settings how I wanted, Windows still showed stock no matter what I did. Only thing working correctly was the XMP profile on the RAM.

Try running the auto OC feature in the BIOS and see if that sticks in OS. Afterwards set the settings back to your preferences.

I tried running auto OC in Asus AI Suite II and in Bios and i just get a BSOD after a while. Now after i removed the CMOS chip, the only thing i did was reset the graphic options in CCC. I'm thinking removing that chip has something to do with it not showing in Windows. Is there anything else i should be changing after i remove a CMOS chip?

Back