So duke nukem forever is almost done

I think George Broussard is a genius. He contracted with a company in 1998 that he would receive 1/16 of a cent every time the acronym "DNF" was found on the Internet. The guy secretly purchased China and France and is in negotiations to purchase Australia with his profits. :) True story......

Humorious Quotes

“We’re confident that DNF will be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, game of 1998. And this confidence is not misplaced.” - Scott Miller, 1997

“Duke Nukem Forever is a 1999 game and we think that timeframe matches very well with what we have planned for the game.” - George Broussard, 1998

“Trust us, Duke Nukem Forever will rock when it comes out next year.” - Joe Siegler, 1999

“When it’s done in 2001.” - 2000 Christmas card

“DNF will come out before Unreal 2.” - George Broussard, 2001

“If DNF is not out in 2001, something’s very wrong.” - George Broussard, 2001

“DNF will come out before Doom 3.” - George Broussard, 2002

It won't be Duke Nukem 3D - it will be Duke Nukem 4D, where you travel back in time to play the first version of Duke.

I would be happy with just a remake of DN3D with updated graphics/physics, and internet multiplayer. The same needs to be done for Shadow Warrior. Who want some wang?!?!

A multiplayer game where game developers work together on the single-player version.

Even if it does get released this season, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out on Consoles first...then a few months later on PC (and even more unoptimized as Crysis/GTA4).

After 10+ years of development, if the game ships with a single bug it's gonna be ripped to shreds!

If is has been consolized it will be ripped to shreds!

If it is anything but the holy grail of gaming... It will be ripped to shreds!

See the pattern here? I think this game is gonna get ripped to shreds :D

That is to say if it is ever released of course.. I cant believe we are even bothering to talk about DNF anymore. I hereby state that I am not going to breathe another word about DNF until it has gone gold.

/end DNF discussions

Last edited:
The only coop I want is if the second player is a Duke babe, and the fire button shakes her jubblies to distract the pig cops. Otherwise, Duke works alone!

That is basically what the Hi Res pack is http://hrp.duke4.net/

They should just remake DukeNukem 3d on a modern engine. Not change the game play one bit. Just freshen up the graphics, physics, and sound to today's standards and release it. They might actually be able to manage that this decade. I'd be willing to bet it would sell fairly well too. Just forget about releasing DNF. DNF is nevermore imho.

Maybe they amped the engine up so ridiculously that they can't even release DNF until hardware can match its awesomeness.

Or maybe the devs are having too much fun testing to work on it further?

Maybe this game is going to have a ray trace option. super hd model bonus bluray collection. And in order to play that you would need 100TB of free harddrive space. And a direct x 12 gpu that can handle ray trace fast.

With way better graphics, maybe they're waiting for all Duke Nukem fans to be at least 18.

So, duke nukem forever is finally almost done. They used a heavy modded unreal 2 engine for the game. I really wonder what new catch phrases will duke shout out during the gameplay. Do you guys think they can earn back all the expense they spend on duke nukem forever?

Huh? The Unreal 2 engine was dropped 2 years ago I thought? Last I heard the game was licensed for UE3, or they had built their own engine.

this game is going to suck balls. it'd be funny if everyone torrented it when its released out of revenge for being lied to about the release date so many times. seriously, im not condoning stealing, but how many minutes of our lives have they stole with false news reports and scheduled releases?

Yeah it'll be torrented immensely. But you know it's going to get great sales because those same people want to have it in their hands, like proof that in their 10 years of waiting they actually have it, and have something to show for it besides some bytes on a harddrive. Of course it'll have to be decent for that to happen but still.

Yeah it'll be torrented immensely. But you know it's going to get great sales because those same people want to have it in their hands, like proof that in their 10 years of waiting they actually have it, and have something to show for it besides some bytes on a harddrive. Of course it'll have to be decent for that to happen but still.

Someone on the board actually has a receipt for a reserved copy back from 1997 or 98, maybe they'll post a photo of it again? :)

Someone on the board actually has a receipt for a reserved copy back from 1997 or 98, maybe they'll post a photo of it again? :)

You're talking about this one?

dnf_preorder.jpg

It the game ever comes out, I'd like to know if this ticket is still valid!! lol

I can see the tag line: "If you thought John Romero was going to make you his bitch, wait until Duke gets hold of you!"

Nothing can be worse than Diakatana.

Just having Duke Nukem in the game already makes it better.

Sorry GameStop reserve only last for 2 years. If you don't get it by two years it is no longer valid.

I bet this is gamestop fine print is preordering games.

i would be happy if someone just made a source engine version of the original.

shake it baby!

s[H]aqFU;1034029274 said:
i would be happy if someone just made a source engine version of the original.

shake it baby!

That would be awesome. I remember staying up all night playing Duke 3D Demo right before it came out. :D It would be mad fun if someone ported it over to Source....

It's all fake. All of it, even the gameplay videos are fakes. I don't care anymore because I don't believe it. I think someone is just trying to get a sick fucking rise out of everyone. This isn't ever going to be something tangible I'll have in my hands nor something that I can buy off steam because it's fake. The game is never coming out because there is no game. There has to be more non-believers out there. Any asshole that thinks a good fifteen years for a sequel of anything-StarWars aside- is a good idea, or is worth the time, they can go to hell.

Oh...I don't know, bboynitrous. Would it be better or worse at this point for 3D Realms to go "Okay, screw it, we've been messing with your heads for the last twelve years--there is no Duke Nukem Forever!" or for them to finally release it and let it be mercilessly panned?

I hope it is using a modified Unreal 2 engine. That came out in 2003. They could have started from a blank sheet of paper, taking their time with a long 5-6 year development cycle, and it could actually be coming out this year. But I'm not holding my breath.

3DRealms knows that every year there is a new batch of kids that never played the original or don't know about the running joke thats been going on for over a decade now..

They also know that trying to surpass or even meet the popularity of the original is near impossible...so they keep teh joke going while working (or not) on other things.:p

If it comes out this year I will shit myself. I will take an elephant sized dump in my pants, shower and change, and run to the store to buy it if it's actually any good...

Back