So does 2 day air shipping = 6 days? new one to me

Tygerwoody

Gawd
ok I ordered a evga 6800 GT on July 1st. It actually shipped out on July 2nd. I payed the extra money for 2 day air shipping. My shipping status says it wont be here til the 7th. what gives? I "thought" it would be here today. But it is saturday, i wasnt sure if they still ship on saturdays. Anyway that would still mean it should be here monday. Wrong again. Can anyone clear this up?

2 day shipping means they'll make extra efforts to get it to you in 2 work days. It guarantees nothings, and especially since July 4th is a holiday and they dont work on the day after a holiday for some reason.

Unit-0 said:
2 day shipping means they'll make extra efforts to get it to you in 2 work days. It guarantees nothings, and especially since July 4th is a holiday and they dont work on the day after a holiday for some reason.

Make extra effort to get it to you in 2 days?! lol I'm sorry if you pay for 2 day air (which aint cheap), its should make it to you in 2 days. That doesnt mean that they will try to ship it to you in 2 days...... :rolleyes:

I would call and get a refund.

2nd day air does not ship on Saturday. It means they'll get it to you within two business days. However there is often a backup after a weekend, so even orders due Monday can be pushed back to Tuesday. I expect you will actually get it on Tuesday, it probably shipped late Friday.

If your order was processed and shipped on Friday 7/2, 2 business days (weekends don't count) will normally be Tuesday 7/6 except several businesses will be closed on Monday (ex. banks and USPS) because of the holiday. So that pushes it back an extra day to the 7th.

Tygerwoody said:
ok I ordered a evga 6800 GT on July 1st. It actually shipped out on July 2nd. I payed the extra money for 2 day air shipping. My shipping status says it wont be here til the 7th. what gives? I "thought" it would be here today. But it is saturday, i wasnt sure if they still ship on saturdays. Anyway that would still mean it should be here monday. Wrong again. Can anyone clear this up?

2-day air = 2 business days. Weekends and holidays aren't business days.

tranCendenZ said:
2-day air = 2 business days. Weekends and holidays aren't business days.

yup.

I ordered my S-TDX via two day air...it went out a wednesday but I didnt get it till a monday the next week...no holiday :(
It sucked but oh well

Back