So close to a stable 4ghz...new 3.0c w/ 30 caps

OrionNT

[H]ard|Gawd
Received 3.0c today from www.newegg.com :

SL6WK
03/09/04
30 caps

See system specs below (first PC)

I can run 4ghz (267fsb) @ 1.675V (the max Vcore I tried) but after testing with Prime95 I found that it is unstable. It looks like I need water or Vapo to actually run at 4ghz because my temps rise over 60C and it becomes unstable when stressing. But I am happy with a stable OC of 3.9ghz (260fsb) @ 1.65V.

4ghz...... someday.....

:eek:

very nice oc. you should try getting the xp120 from thermalright when it comes out, and then top it with an EHE120mm delta fan. then, put on your hearing protection of choice and shoot for 4ghz!

rogue_jedi said:
:eek:
top it with an EHE120mm delta fan. then, put on your hearing protection of choice and shoot for 4ghz!
Hearing protection is right! Watercooling is "sounding" better every day. :)

i wouldnt bother if your temps are good at 3.9ghz-i mean 200-300 bucks for watercooling for just 100mhz, not worth it :eek:

tylerhskate said:
i wouldnt bother if your temps are good at 3.9ghz-i mean 200-300 bucks for watercooling for just 100mhz, not worth it :eek:
I would upgrade to watercooling for the decrease in noise, not for an extra 100mhz, thats why I said "sounding" better. I did spend $130 wisely though, heres a picture of my new desk and chair... :D

newdesk1.jpg

ST|FFY said:
ur sig says ur using a tornado, is that thiing on full blast?? :confused:
No, I have a Vantec Nexus fan controller and it is usually on the lowest setting unless gaming or benchmarking. I am currently [H] folding with the fan on low and it is 56C.

tylerhskate said:

$200-300?

mine cost a total of under $100...

Maze4
Mag3
Tubing
Heatercore ( well, kinda )
Fan

Back