So basically they have changed the Demoman into a L4D2 Charger.

It depends on how good this sword and board combo is, how it works exactly, but I don't see anyone trading sticky grenades for this in the long run. uber demo / sticky is the best way to clear out engineer buildings and it's the demo's strongest point imo. Sword thing will be fun but I don't think it'll be nearly as good.

yeah taking away the stickie launcher is a big thing. If you can charge past sentry guns then it might be fun, we will see. It did say you would be going faster than a scout so it might work for running by a sentry but not straight at it.

Not without my stickies baby. Sure I could wade through rockets and pyros with that shield up(which will probably get nerfed once all the backburner pyros get owned in the face) but how am I gonna lay down some burst damage sentry hurt and area denial without muh sticky action?

My guess is theres going to be two sticky bomb replacements, the shield is just the first one.

Also sticky jumping. Seriously, thats like the main reason I play demoman, massive sticky jumps.

Heh, I can dig it :) The Demo really needs something for short range combat

This update makes me laugh, literally. The Eyelander and Chargin Targe are hilarious. Too bad the combo turns the Demo into a first person hacker (in the sense that swords hack) instead of what the game was supposed to be (first person shooter).

Back