So, are most L4D2 players mean?

I only play with friends anyway. It will rejuvenate the pub scene a bit. But it is going to be a bit trying for guys that play pub games til the noobs get the hang of it.

I still want an anti friend ban list feature.

Same here, 2 buddies and I always play together, rarely apart.

Sidenote, looking for a 4th, that is decent, with a mic, to round out our pub stomp all stars.

Sidenote 2, if you play an online game, buy a fucking mic.

Sidenote 3, if you play versus and don't know what you are doing, gtfo and do campaign.

I don't even enjoy VS. Way more fun to play the campaign maps in LANs or with friends, while completely hammered, and with half of them having no idea how to play. Like a real zombie apocalypse! Gotta have the token victims!

Just two days ago L4D2 was peaking at 8K, now this:

jMUEU12LlCwGj.jpg

21c22b804bb4638c0ee06c434b8688ac138a2050a9097683f9a239a8271ae117.jpg

LOL, at least there's some rejuvenation in the game. I really like expert coop and lately it has been dead, even yesterday. I'll try today to see if there's people playing. I really like playing L4D2 when I am extremely bored and have no friends online to play with.

Some people really suck at coop though. I find Expert to be pretty easy in general(a tank or some specials can make it harder), Expert Realism is where the fun is at :)

I don't even enjoy VS. Way more fun to play the campaign maps in LANs or with friends, while completely hammered, and with half of them having no idea how to play. Like a real zombie apocalypse! Gotta have the token victims!

Maybe you didn't spend enough time with VS. Back in the day I thought same about VS, it was too hard at first and seemed like the enemy just steamrolled you. Then I stuck with it and began figuring out the strategies, the best spots to pin straggling survivors with the Special Infected (SI), etc. The real juice is in the VS mode, hate to say, the campaign and AI enemy are fun in co-op yes but the depth and skill curve are in VS.

That's not to say VS can't be nerve-racking especially if the enemy team is on voicecomms and have played the level 5000x, and god forbid play together on a regular basis - then you're screwed if you're on a team with randoms. There comes a saturation point where you can get so proficient in the game that its formulaic like following a bouncing ball and it becomes more about standardized points of opportunity you missed than strategies you create. There is very little wiggle room for improvisation at the competitive 4v4 ESL level let's say, and feels more like a test of your ability to hit your mark at the right time. Competitive players know all the one-hit-kills spots for the SI with those capabilities, know the order that SI spawn and will read the flow of the game to determine when to spawn, how to spawn, where to spawn, whether to quickly suicide an SI that's not useful for the upcoming area to more quickly come back as one thats more appropriate. And conversely good players rolling as Survivors have all the SI strats in mind and try to avoid them. Effectively playing the tank has a crazy learning curve all its own.

I realize that's probably more time and effort than most people are willing to put into a game these days, but the depth is there, its remained a classic for a reason. And on the bright side you dont have to learn all that overnight, and the learning curve can be fun if you don't take some frustrations along the way personally.

Last edited:
Maybe you didn't spend enough time with VS. Back in the day I thought same about VS, it was too hard at first and seemed like the enemy just steamrolled you. Then I stuck with it and began figuring out the strategies, the best spots to pin straggling survivors with the special infected, etc. The real juice is in the VS mode, hate to say, the campaign and AI enemy are fun in co-op yes but the depth and skill curve are in VS.

That's not to say VS can't be nerve-racking especially if the enemy team is on voicecomms and have played the level 1000x. There comes a saturation point where you get so proficient that its formulaic like following a bouncing ball and you're supposed to know all the one-hit-kills spots and depending on the SI you are respawning as, knowing when to spawn, how to spawn, where to spawn depending on what the Survivors are doing and where they are on the map. But you dont have to learn all that overnight, I'm talking at the competitive 4v4 level.

I don't really play VS a whole lot, but I can get into the serious jive of it. VS mode is such a beauty with a fully functional team, especially when we're constantly hammering the opposing team wave after wave, sometimes it's hilariously fun.

I didn't play #2 all that much, but #1 had a pretty active community for a while. Sadly, #2 killed it off. Some people switched, but seemingly everyone that didn't just completely gave up on it. It was just too similar and too soon.

What is LFD MP made up of? What game types are there? What game modes cause people to get so angry? Never played LFD MP.

What is LFD MP made up of? What game types are there? What game modes cause people to get so angry? Never played LFD MP.

There are 2 main modes - co-op and VS. Co-op is simply you and your friends playing through the normal levels and facing the zombies together. It's just like the single player mode except you have help.
VS. is similar only there's another team controlling the "special" zombies. The team playing the survivors is attempting to make it to the safe house (or complete the level goals) while the zombies are trying to kill them. Teams take turns, so you get to play both sides. IMO, that's definitely the more fun of the two modes.
L4D2 might have some other modes as well, but those are the common ones.

Wow, pretty old thread necro. I saw the thread thinking "hrm, this thread looks familiar", then saw a post by myself and realised "THAT'S why it seems familiar" :p

I played a lot last night, forgot how retarded VS can be with drops. Double digit amounts of healing items is so silly.

I noticed that a lot of L4D2 players can be real d**ks, every other lobby I've been in have some hard-core veteran kicking new players because apparently they are supposed to know how to play before ever playing the game.

I think this happens with any game that has been around for years. Most people that still play have been playing for years. As the timeline of a game increases, the tolerance for newbies decreases, no way to avoid that unfortunately. If you're going to hop into a game that has been around for so long, it may be best to do some bot rounds first...

There's a lot of griefers in it - for whatever reason I do not know. They should be playing Ultima Online with me to get griefed on.

Agree with this a million times over. There is nothing better than playing with a batch of friends through the campaigns. Especially in the same room on a LAN, maybe a touch of alcohol for good measure. Takes the online-jerk out of the equation, and adds an element of fun for something that should be fun.

When I'm playing with new players i usually cut them some slack, but when i'm playing with ppl which have tons of playtime but still can't compete in versus due to : poor-zero communication / 20fps + vsync - gay default rates / wireless 80hz mice - mouse acceleration on / terrible situational awareness because they're playing with speakers instead of headphones then i can be REALLY mean to them like yesterday where i had the day off and played about 6 versus matches and won only 2 of them due to the immense amount of noobiness of my teammates. ( i play usually with members of the l4d2 greek community group only, but the teams are usually random not fixed )

I feel very frustrated at times, it may sound cocky but i have made ppl who have known me for quite a long time ragequit because they happened to be on the opposing team,some of them even accused me for hacking :S keep in mind that I skeet hunters pretty often, shoot boomers through walls/bushes and react like i can see behind walls and have eyes on my back. ( x-fi cmss3d pwns, hehe :p )

But .... when i'm playing with other 3 greek guys ( haven't pub stomped since last year, honestly, it's boring and feels unfair most of the time ) I can be really mean to them if they don't do follow my orders and rush forward like headless chickens who think its 4vs1.

Call me elitist / nerd i don't care, I got a full time job + a strict cutting diet which forces mean to eat small balanced meals every 3 f*cking hours + I do weights 4 times a week, i don't want to lose to noobs because a member of my team doesn't have even the half amount of skill that i do and/or doesn't follow orders, I've even removed some friends from my list because they costantly made the same stupid mistakes like camping their boomer behind a wall or missing a really easy charge ( like the classic one on dark carnival - chapter 3 - roller coaster ) , and i was usually not the only one who bashed them in-game.

Some other times i can be polite but when i talk like a truck driver and bark like a drill sergeant i usually do it because they 100% deserve it, you can't press right click when you see a charger or be SI and camp behind a wall ( unless obviously you're the hunter and you're standing upright instead of ducking ) it's just not acceptable for someone who has over 800hrs of playtime ffs ! Fyi I preordered a 4pack back in nov 09 and i'm currently at 570hrs total.

Btw rq is a cardinal sin and valve should develop a anti-rq system soon, I very rarely rage,even if my team is full of imbeciles i calm down after the end of second/third chapter and do my best, knowing that we're very likely going to lose in because somebody will screw up and it's 90% certain that I will be the last teamate to blame ( i do mistakes too, but not that often, no problem admiting it ) i have raged about 4-5 times so far and i only did it because the other 3 ppl got their egos destroyed and left, inviting me to join them at another lobby.
Wow, you sound like an absolute prick.

When I'm playing with new players i usually cut them some slack, but when i'm playing with ppl which have tons of playtime but still can't compete in versus due to : poor-zero communication / 20fps + vsync - gay default rates / wireless 80hz mice - mouse acceleration on / terrible situational awareness because they're playing with speakers instead of headphones then i can be REALLY mean to them like yesterday where i had the day off and played about 6 versus matches and won only 2 of them due to the immense amount of noobiness of my teammates. ( i play usually with members of the l4d2 greek community group only, but the teams are usually random not fixed )

I feel very frustrated at times, it may sound cocky but i have made ppl who have known me for quite a long time ragequit because they happened to be on the opposing team,some of them even accused me for hacking :S keep in mind that I skeet hunters pretty often, shoot boomers through walls/bushes and react like i can see behind walls and have eyes on my back. ( x-fi cmss3d pwns, hehe :p )

But .... when i'm playing with other 3 greek guys ( haven't pub stomped since last year, honestly, it's boring and feels unfair most of the time ) I can be really mean to them if they don't do follow my orders and rush forward like headless chickens who think its 4vs1.

Call me elitist / nerd i don't care, I got a full time job + a strict cutting diet which forces mean to eat small balanced meals every 3 f*cking hours + I do weights 4 times a week, i don't want to lose to noobs because a member of my team doesn't have even the half amount of skill that i do and/or doesn't follow orders, I've even removed some friends from my list because they costantly made the same stupid mistakes like camping their boomer behind a wall or missing a really easy charge ( like the classic one on dark carnival - chapter 3 - roller coaster ) , and i was usually not the only one who bashed them in-game.

Some other times i can be polite but when i talk like a truck driver and bark like a drill sergeant i usually do it because they 100% deserve it, you can't press right click when you see a charger or be SI and camp behind a wall ( unless obviously you're the hunter and you're standing upright instead of ducking ) it's just not acceptable for someone who has over 800hrs of playtime ffs ! Fyi I preordered a 4pack back in nov 09 and i'm currently at 570hrs total.

Btw rq is a cardinal sin and valve should develop a anti-rq system soon, I very rarely rage,even if my team is full of imbeciles i calm down after the end of second/third chapter and do my best, knowing that we're very likely going to lose in because somebody will screw up and it's 90% certain that I will be the last teamate to blame ( i do mistakes too, but not that often, no problem admiting it ) i have raged about 4-5 times so far and i only did it because the other 3 ppl got their egos destroyed and left, inviting me to join them at another lobby.

lmao, loser

Whaaaa...dude...you need some serious re-evaluation on how you view yourself and other human beings. I lift and am very serious about my body as well, but putting this weird restrictions on other people is not the route to happiness nor is it the route to a happy relationship if you happen to be in one.

Back