So Activision wants people to talk about Call of Duty Advanced Warfighter

That guy will say anything for a Billion Dollars in sales....

The fact that it's really hard to find games Multiplayer game like with GHOSTS for online play is enough to turn me off to this series for good.

It's about loss of 59.00 once you buy it =)

Last edited:
So basically after the failure of Ghosts they are trying to generate hype for a new game based on...well, nothing, because it's probably just going to be the same iterative BS that we've seen out of CoD the last few years.

"Hey guys, check out our new game! It's totally going to be different this time, we promise!"

Ohh lookie its got Kevin Spacey.....

I think Tom Cruise or John Travolta would have been more money makers :D

All they need to do to get people to talk about it is do that they do best and have loads of uncompressed files. so the installed version us about 100 gigs.

What I read, "We are making a double horseshit with cheese."

I'll take 2. Uhh....pickles, lettuce, cucumbers, uhhhhhhhhhhhh....peppers, and a little bit of uh...honey mustard.

Little subway humor.

I hate everyone.

lol, what?

Did you play BLOPS2 or whatever it was? The future one that I think this is the sequel to? That's what this is picking up on.

Yeah, they reused cutscene animations from the MW series but dropped in a "brother" (literal) and "father" for your character. By far some of the laziest development I've seen out of an A studio.

This is no-doubt going to pick up that random whack-a-mole of a storyline. The opening scene of that one (spoiler alert) takes place in space because space infantry are attacking a satellite. All of that advanced technology and they don't have some Air-to-Space laser / missile that can take out a satellite? I'd be surprised if the US doesn't have that right now.

If it's a sequel to Blackops it might be good that is the most played COD right now...

Did you play BLOPS2 or whatever it was? The future one that I think this is the sequel to? That's what this is picking up on.
No, I didn't. It made me laugh because any front lines military story told to you by an actual vet will have those four things already. That the developers don't understand that just goes to show how uninspired and forced everything is going to be.

the CoD series doesn't require any marketing...it has a built in fan base and word of mouth sales...sort of like the Madden series of football games...the Call of Duty name sells itself

the CoD series doesn't require any marketing...it has a built in fan base and word of mouth sales...sort of like the Madden series of football games...the Call of Duty name sells itself

Yes ever since it becamse a console n00bfest.

The first 2 CoD based in WW2 were PC only and they were alright. After that once they went console it went downhill.

Same thing with BF, everything after BF2 and 2142 was n00b

The first 2 CoD based in WW2 were PC only and they were alright. After that once they went console it went downhill.
CoD 2 was an Xbox 360 launch title. Maybe you're thinking of United Offensive, the expansion for the first game?

CoD 2 was an Xbox 360 launch title. Maybe you're thinking of United Offensive, the expansion for the first game?

Did anyone even play online on the 360? COD didn't really take off on console until COD 4 or WaW, and even then the player base was low.

So basically after the failure of Ghosts they are trying to generate hype for a new game based on...well, nothing, because it's probably just going to be the same iterative BS that we've seen out of CoD the last few years.

"Hey guys, check out our new game! It's totally going to be different this time, we promise!"
You should read the GameInformer article, it's hilarious :D. I like how they keep saying it's "an entirely new engine" when they said the same bullshit when they were hyping Ghosts.

Fish AI! Dog animations! Round gun barrels!
All they need to do to get people to talk about it is do that they do best and have loads of uncompressed files. so the installed version us about 100 gigs.
I wouldn't be surprised. Another thing they said was that "new gen" has "8 times the memory" as last gen, which allows them to uncompress everything so the assets can "breathe" :rolleyes:. Calling it now: Console version will probably be like 30'ish GB, while the PC version will be 80+ GB.

You should read the GameInformer article, it's hilarious :D. I like how they keep saying it's "an entirely new engine" when they said the same bullshit when they were hyping Ghosts.

Fish AI! Dog animations! Round gun barrels!I wouldn't be surprised. Another thing they said was that "new gen" has "8 times the memory" as last gen, which allows them to uncompress everything so the assets can "breathe" :rolleyes:. Calling it now: Console version will probably be like 30'ish GB, while the PC version will be 80+ GB.

Well RAM is technically meant for that but having everything uncompressed on the install drive is stupid. Its lazy developing

How was Ghosts a failure? Game play or sales?

How was Ghosts a failure? Game play or sales?

Well, on PC at least, the player base seemed to drop incredibly fast.

It really didn't do anything new over previous iterations, either, so gameplay wise it was pretty meh, and I think a lot of CoD fans started to see that with Ghosts, hence the rapid drop in player base.

Sales, I couldn't say...probably sold well because for some reason CoD always does. Same reason that Madden does, I guess, despite being the exact same thing year after year.

Let me guess, this one will probably take up more than 40GB of hard drive space when it comes out, despite the graphics looking outdated. Why was Ghosts so big anyway?

Glad I never even bothered installing it when it was on the free weekend.

I'm not even interested in this title either, didn't even play the last two games.

Incoming rant.

Activision was once great. In the 90's to early 2000's. PC games wise.

Now they are dog shit.

Call of Duty was once great too. 1,2, MW1 and WAW was ok as it was the last ded server host based MP.

Now the franchise is all about pumping out re-iterated half polished turd, about the same turdiness as NFS.

The best thing that could happen right now, is if the whole COD line and franchise...dropped.

I could definitely see DICE's BF series go in the same direction in the not so distant future. After all BF4 should've been what BF3 was all about, or at least release it as an expansion or DLC.

Cod1,2 were the best ww games ever...awesome multilayer to. Consoles ruined it all.

Hasn't COD always sold more for its multiplayer than its single player campaigns? I was always one of those guys who played COD more for its single player than multiplayer, but after Modern Warfare 2 I really couldn't stomach it.

Back