Sniper Elite V2 Free on Steam

Thanks, I'll have to look a little harder. It doesn't seem to be as obvious as how, for example, uTorrent allows upload and download speed to be throttled.

If you go into settings and then to the downloads section you should see a drop down menu labeled "limit bandwidth to:", simply select the rate you want steam capped at.

I am just about 2 hours into playing this game. I can say this was the best free game I have ever gotten.

I did add the game to my library, and it said, the game is added. But, now it is not in my library. I had not installed it yet.

I did add the game to my library, and it said, the game is added. But, now it is not in my library. I had not installed it yet.

The Steam Store Announcement said:
To claim your free copy of Sniper Elite V2, just visit the store page and click the install button*! If you don’t install it, it goes back to regular price tomorrow and you miss out!

That sucks. Guess you can blame the people who would register 30 different accounts and grab the game to resell on ebay for $5 to $10 for that

That sucks. Guess you can blame the people who would register 30 different accounts and grab the game to resell on ebay for $5 to $10 for that

You can't remove games from your Steam account so that is not possible. Anyways, the offer is long dead.

I added the game without installing it and it's still listed in my library so something must have gone wrong if it's not in your library.

I've been slightly interested in this game but never got around to picking it up so this is probably the best free game offer yet IMO, Portal is the best game I've picked up for free and I got bored with that pretty quickly so it shouldn't be hard to top.

I search my library for 'sniper' and nothing shows up, but if i search the store for sniper it find this game, it says i already own it. hrm....

Thanks, another game to add to the library!
It will be a cold day in hell before my backlog get's played, hell I might as well add my backlog to my will

I ain't in the takin' prisoners business. I'm in the killing Nazis business. And cousin business is a boomin'

The game feels like it could have been a big blockbuster hit. They got the graphics engine, but it feels a lil clunky, and is very typical point to point. Even though point to point isnt bad (alot of great third person games out there).

I search my library for 'sniper' and nothing shows up, but if i search the store for sniper it find this game, it says i already own it. hrm....

Click on play now it will ask to install it and then will be available.

If you go into settings and then to the downloads section you should see a drop down menu labeled "limit bandwidth to:", simply select the rate you want steam capped at.
Thanks, I found it under settings.

I wonder if they changed something later. I have not installed it yet either, but it is listed as "complimentary", and still in my Steam Library.

I wonder if they changed something later. I have not installed it yet either, but it is listed as "complimentary", and still in my Steam Library.

Some free games I've gotten from Steam such as this and "Portal" show up as complimentary for me as well. It's yours, they won't remove it. :cool:

Back