Sniper Elite...not too bad

AndoOKC1

Gawd
So I downloaded sniper elite today and was somewhat impressed. Can be a little monotonous but then again I played it in novice. The physics of the shooting can be very complex with the expert modes. The bullet cam is neat but it can also be turned off if you arent into that sort of thing. I may actually buy this thing. Framerates are great at my native res with my setup. Only problem was with the sound causing it to crash. I had to lower the sound hardware acceleration to none in order to keep it from crashing.

screenshots?

i was curious about the game too, i love sniping in FPS and thought this one maybe decent, so if u can show some screenies from your set up would be cool.

is their any multiplayer or all solo ? Are the missions good?

I picked it up yesterday after playing the demo. I haven't been able to play much do to my work schedule. My only 'real' gripe so far is that there isn't a shooting range to get used to the weapons and the wind. Graphics could be better, but they are still nice. The videos of the game give no justice, play the demo. The ability to shoot grenades on enemies, on the ground, setting up traps and baiting enemies properly - why the hell haven't these been implemented before now?

Tip: shoot the silver gas caps on the tanks but not while they are close

There is multiplayer, but I don't know how it is setup. Co-op would be sweet :/

I wanted to try it out but it's infected with StarForce. So it goes on my boycott list. Along with the new Ubersoldier demo. I love sniping too. :(

its uberlinear, and ai is comlete shit

HOWEVER, the "sniping" is fun when you put it to "elite" diffuculty.
There's wind, ballistics, point of entry.

But JFK reloaded is still better :p

I thought this game was incredibly boring, and the AI is really REALLY stupid. The levels SEEMED like they would be really cool but there never seemed to be that nice sniping vantage point.

I only played the single player mode, which was really just a multiplayer map with scripted sequences. I would have liked to seen bot support for multiplayer mode, as I prefer to play this kind of stuff with my friends on our own private network.

Oh, and the menu suffers from severe console-itis, a ever-increasing trend in games now.

when you play it on the most difficult level it gets really fun...its fun b/c you cant jsut find ANYWHERE to sniper from just like in reality. You cant juyst climb to the highest point on the map and take guys out, you have to use your surroundings. The AI is pretty dumb but the snipering physics is definitely somthing good.

AndoOKC1 said:
when you play it on the most difficult level it gets really fun...its fun b/c you cant jsut find ANYWHERE to sniper from just like in reality. You cant juyst climb to the highest point on the map and take guys out, you have to use your surroundings. The AI is pretty dumb but the snipering physics is definitely somthing good.
How fun would it be if the AI was overpoweringly smart? You would never finish a mission as this isn't UT or Quake. On the higher difficulty all it takes is a burst of fire at close/medium range and you are dead.

The textures and the way you stay hidden (camo) is poorly done and probably doesn't help with the experience.

But, the game is fun. Getting a 2 for 1 kill at 200 yards and muffling your gunshot by shooting the same time artillery hits so not to alert anyone is pure enjoyment.

I enjoyed it quite a bit, for what it is worth.

Sure, it isn't the uber-fps of all time, but if you like sniping in other FPS, it is nice to have one where you can snipe all the time.

At first I couldn't remap my keys (you have to click to the left of where the keys are) but then I played it at 1024x768 4AA16AF and it played well on my 6800GT. Textures aren't anything special but you are in a war zone so you wouldn't expect to see anything flashy.

The game seemed fun. On novice I was scaried to move at first but by the end of the first level I was running around not giving a hoot. May need to up the difficulty to get any real joy out of it. Nice game so far.

elation said:
I wanted to try it out but it's infected with StarForce. So it goes on my boycott list. Along with the new Ubersoldier demo. I love sniping too. :(

I just ran the starforce removal tool and theres no starforce in this game..

Loved the game. Textures and models are kinda Quake2'ish but the sniping system's awesome. There's no better satisfaction than doing a double kill headshots on moving targets at 200 yards ^_^ (That one took insane luck)

Any chance they can patch BF2 to use the same bullet system for the snipers instead of the shoot and pray system we have now? The elevation and timing should make sniping more skill based rather than relying mostly on luck. Atleast it'll make the bullets consistent.

Back