*sniff* the green button is gone

Skids1

Gawd
Well my seagate drive failed in my Windows 7 MCE box yesterday so I ordered a different drive and set out to see whats new since i last loaded it on The Green Button... low and behold Microsoft has taken it over and hosed the damn place GRRRRR I would love to have a few words with the idiot who decided on that decision! :mad:

I am sorry but I may sound like a dumbass, what are you referring too?

Microsoft bought them several years ago and only recently assimilated them.

If you click around enough you can find forums....

The forums are still there, but its a nightmare to navigate, and an ugly interface to top it off. And by looking at the other posts on the site, and other forums, theres not to many others that are happy with it ether. I have a feeling another site like TGB may be popping up soon. Its too bad microsoft had to slaughter such a great community web forum. Got alot of info on that site in the past. I have migrated to other sites now, I kinda like themissingremote kinda like a all things media news feed/reviews, with forums, and im sure theres others out there.

Some of us have just switched over to Missing Remote. Still isn't the same though :(

the green button was awesome. Now it's a shell of what it was. The layout is awful, as is the navigation. The site seems optimized for 800x640 res monitors, it's so painful.

Yea, I love Microsoft, but they destroyed The Green Button. Loved it before. It's nothing like it once was. I didn't know of Missing Remote, but I'll check that out!

Any others?

Missing remote, avs forum, Australian media center community

i am sort of biases since I sometimes write at M.R. but I am hoping that M.R. can entice developers to move over to M.R. from TGB since its demise.

I was so pissed to see all that valuable information toasted!!!!!!

Speaking of sites being taken over...

What the heck is going on with Hack7MC.com?

Speaking of sites being taken over...

What the heck is going on with Hack7MC.com?

This. Nothing since last year, I'm worried that it's dead now. Great site too. :(

As soon as MS bought TGB I knew it was done with. MS seems to kill anything MC related; moving MC updates to a yearly update cycle (MC updates only when a new Windows comes out), buying and then letting Webguide die, etc.

Back