SNES Refreshes

singe_101

2[H]4U
They need to refresh these games like they did Street Fighter. Okay, it's a figure of speech. I would be thrilled if they refreshed these games.

King of Monsters 2 - A true thumb-breaker. The music had about three notes and I still remember it, even the brief moments between stages (followed by the static of doom).

This game needs to be made with fully destructible worlds, climbing, gore, etc. Randomly jet around the world, pick up a piece of rubble from the Eiffel Tower, and skewer some French mutant.

Earthworm Jim - Duke Nukem homage with whimsy. Enough said.

Brutal: Paws of Fury. There were dozens of fighters but this one... okay I wanted Clayfighter but they can't really do that much more with it. Maybe a Pixar quality fighter.

WWE Raw - None of these new clowns, the old clowns like Doink. Bam... Bam... Razor Ramon. Even the ugly women. Same mechanics, too, at least for the rumbles but better graphics. Free game?

One word - nostalgia

sure they could release them but most of them would probably turn out like crap and suck balls or it wouldnt be like it was back in the day.

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen a new Earthworm Jim game. I played the heck out of those back in the day, and would love to play a new one.

They need to make a refresh of Super High impact. YO MAMMA"S BOY!.

Last edited:
Chrono Trigger!

My favorite RPG.
Best snes game and sadly I never even owned it back in the day. I can't think of any other game besides Chrono and SF that should have been remade. Earthbound had two gba sequels I believe but I never played too much of that game to really care either way.

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen a new Earthworm Jim game. I played the heck out of those back in the day, and would love to play a new one.

Its in talks about a reboot, biggest issue was the developer sold the rights, new owner has sat on it for years. Updates as of the moment:

wiki said:
An enhanced remake of the original Earthworm Jim (with a working title of "Earthworm Jim PSP") was planned for a 2007 release, but was ultimately cancelled.

On April 22, 2008 Earthworm Jim 4 was announced, though details are scarce and no solid platform or release date have been revealed.[7]

A remake of Earthworm Jim is in development by Gameloft and is scheduled to be released in the final quarter of 2009. This version will come out for Xbox Live Arcade and one month later for PlayStation Network and WiiWare.[1]

Also reboots on Splatterhouse, Rocket Knight Adventures , a hopefully good Sonic 2.5D game. Castlevania The Adventure Rebirth .

I don't hold my breathe on any of these. I'm not even touching a PS3 till GoW 3 and Slatterhouse are out!

If we are remaking SNES games, might as well throw in Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Hardest game ever.

Omg, my GF and i broke out her SNES the other weekend. Street fighter 2 turbo was fun but i couldn't remember any moves lol.

Its kinda sad, we couldn't even beat Super Mario 3 now. Games have gotten so easy lol

One word - nostalgia

sure they could release them but most of them would probably turn out like crap and suck balls or it wouldnt be like it was back in the day.

Yeah pretty much. I've already seen that with some refreshed video game music. It usually turns out to use some lame tacky remix using the wrong musical instruments (like some of the nostalgic music in Super Smash Bros Brawl). It would take a miracle to get it done right for the music alone. I can't imagine how difficult it would be for an entire game. Hell, the dialogue in Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSP, though more suitable for the timeline, gave me a sour taste because it sounded too role-playing-ish.

That said, I'd love to see an FF6 remake even though I know they'll do it "wrong" (IMO, of course :D).

I would like a massive 2d Zelda, MASSIVE.

I'll also take a remake of Streets of rage 4 players.

You can put a 4 player Toe Jam and Earl in the cart as well.

and a new fucking Shining Force and Phantasy Star ( and not the bull shit Shining force neo or exa shit or not that Phantasy star online).

also wouldn't mind another Blaster Master.

Umm...how about Super Metroid? Zelda: A Link to the Past? Contra? Any one of a number of RPGs. If they just remade these with beautifully rendered/drawn 2D graphics and some 5.1 audio I would be in heaven.

and a new fucking Shining Force and Phantasy Star ( and not the bull shit Shining force neo or exa shit or not that Phantasy star online).

GET OUT OF MY HEAD. I've been begging for both of these for several years, ever since SF Neo disappointed the crap out of me. I'd even settle for a re-make of the three Shining Force III scenarios on 360 or PS3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyblazer

This game will make your pants moist. I'd love a 2d/3d remake. It's been one of my favorite SNES games a long time, I even managed to snag one on ebay!

Earthworm Jim was amazing, but I recall the N64 version being terrible and completely different.

Umm...how about Super Metroid? Zelda: A Link to the Past? Contra? Any one of a number of RPGs. If they just remade these with beautifully rendered/drawn 2D graphics and some 5.1 audio I would be in heaven.

Super Metroid is one of my all-time SNES favorites! Once in a while I'll load it up on the virtual console and do a 100% item speed run. Zelda 3 is awesome too, though it sucked when I tried to marathon last month. Batteries ran out and I died :(.

They could make some great 3D adaptations or just a high res 2D update. The physics just have to "feel" right though.

Super Metroid.
Soul Blazer.
Actraiser 2.
FF6j/3us This needs to be done like FFX. Not the stupid DS remake, put soe REAL console power into this game, it would be EPIC.
Donkey Kong Country

X3
We also need an updated graphics game of Road Rash 2, possibly 3 due to being able to keep the weapons you steel.
I still emulate that at work from time to time.

A lot of you have already echoed my thoughts exactly. I crave high resolution remakes of some of the old 2d RPG's and adventure games. The Final Fantasy remakes on the DS were a step in the right direction but I'd rather have the old games with beautiful hand drawn graphics.

The last game to really bring back memories for me was Final Fantasy 9. They did some amazing work with the hand drawn graphics on that one, I'd love even high res remakes of the Playstation era RPG's.

A redone Link to the Past "style" Zelda would make me feel like a kid again.

Also, as somebody also said, Metroid.

[H] Should put together a developer team to do some of these projects.

I think a renaissance would sweep the world. Many modern games don't even compare to the old games, nostalgia aside. It'd be comparable to older, beloved movies coming out on Blu-ray. People would gobble it up if they could play these games on modern hardware, little to no loading time, and better graphics.

Chrono Trigger HD!

Actraiser 2.

Holy crap that game was hard. But cool. You played a sword-wielding angel that looked like Conan.

A few years ago in a fit of nostalgia I bought a newer game boy and the SNES ports of FF2 and 3 (US), Zelda: Link to the Past and a remake of Final Fantasy Adventure (plays like Secret of Mana, awesome game). The ports were perfectly done, nothing cut out, and the small screen was a good format for them.

FF3 was probably the best game for SNES back in the day. It was just so far ahead and so so good. Chrono Trigger was nice too but its #2 in my foggy memory, with Secret of mana coming in #2 or 3.

I'd have to vote for just about all of the RPGs (except maybe Secret of Evermore). I'd probably vote for the Lufia series if the people promised to fix all the glitches.

Wild Arms
Xenogears
Saga Frontier
Breath of Fire series
Secret of the Stars
etc.

Oh I wanna be ten again!

Oh I wanna be ten again!

I've got a distinct memory of playing Final Fantasy Legend 1 on Game Boy (the original, HUGE game boy), think it was the first rpg I played. Probably around age 10 and I handed it to an older cousin and asked for help, the game was really super hard. He said something along the lines of "holy crap you still have the starting gear and got this far?" Never upgraded my characters, lol.

I tend to do that as well, especially in the Diablo games. For the first ten or so levels, I won't use skill points or invest in better equipment. Hell, in most games you find better gear than traders offer. In other games you never have to pay for the next best weapon 'cause you'll find it anyway.

Not a SNES game but since things like Professor Layton seem to be doing well on the DS, I want to see a new Adventures of Lolo game.

Also not SNES but I'll add a +1 to the Shining Force 3 idea, I never got to play the second and third scenarios. Hell, and while I'm off topic, redo Panzer Dragoon Saga. That game was epic. It was a little short but I'll take a quick 15 hour epic RPG blast over an 80+ hour drawn out trudge any day. For me the sweet spot for RPGs is right around 25 hours.

Back