SNES game suggestions?

Eidolon

Limp Gawd
Okay, my brother gave me his SNES a few weeks ago (Apparently he doesn't play with it much anymore). He also gave me the following games:
-Super Mario Allstars
-Mario World 2
-Tetris 2
-Batman Returns
-Super Star Wars
-Chrono Trigger
-Donkey Kong Country 2

Anyone have some suggestions for other games that I might want to buy? :D

Please keep in mind that I'm not much of an old skool gamer. I'm used to playing games on my Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, GBA, and PC.

Make sure to get Zelda for sure! But dont forget about the greatest game for SNES though...Zombies Ate My Neighbours!!!

Battlemaniacs
Super Mario RPG

the snes was great for rpgs

Final Fantasy 2 (never played 3 which is also on snes, should be good)
chronos trigger (played it on a rom never finished it, but alot of ppl like it)

cant think of any other real "great" titles, other games are exactly what you expect (killer instinct, mario kart, donkey kong...)

Secret of Mana - my all time favorite SNES game.
Import Seiken Densetsu 3, another game in the Secret of Mana series. It was never translated, but it's still a good game.
Final Fantasy 4(2 in US), 5(not released in US), and 6(3 in US). - 100+ hours of RPG fun.
Super Metroid - another must
Earthbound. A neatish RPG
Starfox - Good spacefighter game.

Probably not worth playing anymore, but I had fun playing Breath of Fire 1 and 2 when they were new.

Heh, this reminds me I told my friend Id buy his SNES and 50 games for 15...havent seen him since we made the deal, gotta get that going. I think I will have every major system then and a few minor ones

I'd recommend Final Fantasy 3, Super Mario RPG, and Earthbound.

Get Donkey Kong 1 and 3 since you all ready have the second one. They were great games.

These have all ready been mentioned, but be sure to see if you can get Earthbound, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and Zelda: A link to the past.

you should also look around to see if you can find any of the battletoads games those are so fun

-warsaw

UN Squadron. It doesn't seem to be a game that is remembered but I always thought it was just great.

I started playing Chrono Trigger about a week a go and I've almost completed it. It's an awesome game. Once I've finished it I'll probably start trying out a few of the other SNES RPGs.

Bahamut Lagoon
Tales of Phantasia
Of course, FF4-6, as others have said. As well as CT that's always mentioned.
I quite like the original Breath of Fire as well.

Street Fighter 2! Best / Most significant arcade to console port ever.

-Ace-

i dont remember alot of snes games, but i remember i was purely hooked on UN Squadron (sp?)

BobbyD said:
Import Seiken Densetsu 3, another game in the Secret of Mana series. It was never translated, but it's still a good game.

SD3 was translated by fans. A damned good translation I might add.

Also get Teenage Mutant Ninja Turltes:Turtles in Time...Great game to play by yourself or friends.

Bad_Boy said:
i dont remember alot of snes games, but i remember i was purely hooked on UN Squadron (sp?)
Yay, someone else who remembers it.

How can you pass up...

Super Streetfighter 2
Mortal Kombat 2
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Megaman X
Megaman X 2
NHL '94
Mega Man Soccer
Clay Fighters

Those games are classic. Some of my personal favorites back when I had the system. I have them all emulated on ROM's so that I can still play them periodically.

Dark Assassin

if you're into RPG's Chronotrigger and Secret of Mana are must haves. I prefered Secret of Mana 2 more so then 1 (isn't that actually #3? but only japanese #2 was brought over to america? i can't remember)

Secret of Evermore isn't half bad either, but definitly no Mana or Chrono.

Mmm.. i think i'll fire up the 'ol zsnes again.

:)

fallsincluded said:
earthbound and super mario rpg for sure.. those rocked.

ah yeah, i forgot those two. They're classic as well.

NickTheNut said:
if you're into RPG's Chronotrigger and Secret of Mana are must haves. I prefered Secret of Mana 2 more so then 1 (isn't that actually #3? but only japanese #2 was brought over to america? i can't remember)

Secret of Evermore isn't half bad either, but definitly no Mana or Chrono.

Mmm.. i think i'll fire up the 'ol zsnes again.

:)
Secret of Mana was part of the Seiken Densetsu series in Japan. SD1 was a Game Boy game released States-side as Final Fantasy Adventure. Secret of Mana was actually SD2. SD3 was never released in North America but there are a couple of good fan translations if you wanna find the ROM and emulate it. Seiken Densetsu 4 was released here as Legend of Mana for Playstation. Sword of Mana for GBA is a sort-of remake of the original but it's not that good.

Secret of Evermore was a SquareUSA product and we got that instead of SD3 (Secret of Mana 2). Because of that reason, it recieved a lot of hating from the community that felt they got gipped out of a proper sequel. It's a good game, though.

Romance3 is one of my faviorite games.
Its a game where you take over China.
its not what it seems it more of just a build an army and kill other peps.

Megaman 7,X and X2(was a darn good challenge) if you like sidescrollers. Kick-ass games
Chrono Trigger
A personal favorite - Donkey Kong Country 3 :cool: (overall a good series)
Super Mario Kart
Lufia

I've got Mortal Kombat 2 and NBA Jam I'm trying to get rid of, if you're interested, as well as a Game Genie...

Chrono Trigger is my all time favorite video game, since you've got it, no point in adding it to the list. I will add another vote to getting A Link To The Past, and will also suggest Rock 'N Roll Racing. It's hard to find, but damn is it fun.

Dragon Warrior. It was up there with FF series as far as RPG's. Everyone got all the other good games added.

Back