Sneak In on Prime Day 2017

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
While we can certainly suggest that Prime Days in years past have been somewhat anemic, and have seemed more like a yard sale rather than anything Prime, we can hope that Prime Day 2017 will be different. The only downside to Prime Day is that you have to be a Prime subscriber. But there is a quick way to get around that since Amazon has a 30-day free try-it-before-you-buy-it offer. Prime Day starts officially at 9PM EDT tonight. Make sure to post up any "finds" you come across in the Hot Deals subforum.

A couple more Prime Pages to give a look.

Official Prime Day Page.
https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=13887280011&tag=hardfocom-20

Prime Day Insider Guide.
https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=sd_all...1_w?ie=UTF8&node=16926415011&tag=hardfocom-20

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have Prime, so I'm not sure that method would work, especially if signing in is required to check whether the code works. Here is the code for anyone else interested.
Code:
PRIMEBOOKS17
Expires within, as I recall, a day or two. A good deal for book shopping.

I think for any of the prime day deals you need a prime account. You can sign up for a trial if you have never had one before.

The dot for $35 is a good deal.

Probably be like last year for me, didn't see one thing worth buying, I don't have any hopes things will improve at this point.

Not a damn thing worth buying, again. Glad I don't waste my money on prime (I don't buy much from Amazon normally anyway, $100-200 a year).

I think for any of the prime day deals you need a prime account. You can sign up for a trial if you have never had one before.

The dot for $35 is a good deal.
I picked up a few Dots - that is a good price. They also had a really good price on the Echo ($90). I don't use the Echo's for music that often, so just stuck with the Dots.
The rest of the stuff wasn't anything I was interested in. Just like years before...sigh. Was hoping for a few things on my Wish List to be on sale.

We have two Dot's and I thought about getting one more for the basement but it was more of "that would be nice" instead of" that would really be helpful".

The Echo at $90 is a good value a good portable BT speaker will be $50 or more anyway (we have an Anker paired to one of the Dot's) and its nice to tell Alexa to open Pandora and play XYZ.

I picked up a Netgear Cable modem the one I had was only good for 120mbps and I'm paying for 200 so upgrade! Not looking forward to dealing with Comcast trying to get the new unit working. I bet they start charging me again for my own modem. Took 4-5 months for them not to when I signed up years ago.

Be aware that when something states 50% off!, the normal Amazon price might be something like 43% off. It's the %off a retail price. So you are still saving a bit vs the normal price, but it's NOT half off the normal Amazon price.

Still, some good deals. Love me some Prime.

Got a $70 camera drone. Its a cheapy but should be good for a few laughs in the cube farm.

Be aware that when something states 50% off!, the normal Amazon price might be something like 43% off. It's the %off a retail price. So you are still saving a bit vs the normal price, but it's NOT half off the normal Amazon price.

Earlier this year the Better Business Bureau completely revoked My Pillow for doing this. Yet I get emails from Fry's everyday that do what you say.

https://www.bbb.org/minnesota/news-events/news-releases/2017/01/mypillow-bbb-accreditation-revoked/

Back