Snapshot from my distributor - Almost! <<CONROE>>

BX80557E6300 Core 2 Duo E6300 Processor 197.50 Add to
Watch List
BX80557E6300T2 Intel Corp.
BX80557E6300T2 Core 2 Duo E6300 CPU BTX 2.0 206.88 Add to
Watch List
BX80557E6400 Intel Corp.
BX80557E6400 Core 2 Duo E6400 Processor 237.08

wow prices so close together now which to buy. are these what the msrp is or what yall are buying them for.

burningrave101 said:
So now the logic behind Conroe availability can be traced to the availability of Woodcrest which is a server processor on a different socket? Somehow i just dont see the demand being quite as high for Woodcrest for most end users as Conroe will be :rolleyes:.

But like you said, the prices listed at eWiz are for OEM while the other pre-orders are for retail boxed. Retail is almost always more expensive. I believe the MSRP for the Woodcrest 5150 was suppost to be around $690 so thats a pretty good price for an OEM but Woodcrest availability still doesn't reflect what Conroe will be like. It would be nice if Conroe does release at around MSRP at places like eWiz because then i would just cancel my order at BLT if it didn't already ship first but i just dont see it as being all that likely.

I don't need to argue with you anymore :rolleyes: Anyone else reading this with half a brain won't need to pay you any mind regarding this matter henceforth.

That pricing is from D&H. A major national disty.

Sometimes they have good CPU pricing, sometimes they don't. Typically the price gets better as time moves on with them.

And I would take those availability dates with a grain of salt. That is when they were told they would get them when their purchasing agent talked to Intel. Intel may call up and change that at a moments notice, or they may show up a week early. If it is a highly contested item, unless you know some people you won't get it even if it shows up on the day it is projected.

Those prices could be off by as much as $30-$40 on each, and the higher end ones will usually be higher than what you would normally see on the intarweb.

They are one of the best, if not my favorite disty too.

Bao01 said:
I don't need to argue with you anymore :rolleyes: Anyone else reading this with half a brain won't need to pay you any mind regarding this matter henceforth.

Well i'm done arguing with you as well but i find it amusing that you actually think your opinion holds more weight than mine considering your view has no support outside of what Intel PR has commented. Most others in the industry are saying the same thing as i am, limited availabile in retail channels for at least the first few weeks which will likely lead to higher prices till availability is able to catch up with demand.

Bao01 said:

You got that right! ;)

hardwarephreak said:
That pricing is from D&H. A major national disty.

Sometimes they have good CPU pricing, sometimes they don't. Typically the price gets better as time moves on with them.

And I would take those availability dates with a grain of salt. That is when they were told they would get them when their purchasing agent talked to Intel. Intel may call up and change that at a moments notice, or they may show up a week early. If it is a highly contested item, unless you know some people you won't get it even if it shows up on the day it is projected.

Those prices could be off by as much as $30-$40 on each, and the higher end ones will usually be higher than what you would normally see on the intarweb.

They are one of the best, if not my favorite disty too.
I was gonna say - looks a lot like D&H...not always the best place to get procs, but it's been a while since I've done purchasing/planning...

Jason711 said:
lemme guess.. you have to purchase in volume?
Nope, you can buy one at a time, but you need a reseller certificate to open an account there.

Chris_Morley said:
Nope, you can buy one at a time, but you need a reseller certificate to open an account there.

do i wanna know how much that would cost? :)

Jason711 said:
do i wanna know how much that would cost? :)
Free, but you need a DBA and a Tax ID as well. Then, if you don't resell the product, you have to pay tax on it.

Chris_Morley said:
I was gonna say - looks a lot like D&H...not always the best place to get procs, but it's been a while since I've done purchasing/planning...

They have gotten ALOT better on the CPU side of things...

Chris_Morley said:
Free, but you need a DBA and a Tax ID as well. Then, if you don't resell the product, you have to pay tax on it.

It also helps to have a large line of credit.

Chris_Morley said:

I have a registered LLC with Federal and State tax ID's that i use for my IT and resale business. DBA stands for Doing Business As doesn't it? That would just be my LLC certificate i guess. I could probably just call them up and give them my EIN because thats usually all you have to give to wholesale/resale distributors. I dont know though. I dont think i would of saved much going through a distributor though because D&H is $330.83 for the E6600 and then i would have to pay tax and shipping cost. I paid $342.50 each with free shipping and no tax at BLT.

Back