sn85g4 Sempron64 revE?

Bullitt

2[H]4U
Anyone have experience with the sempron64's (rev E'6s in general) on this shuttle? Mine's collecting dust since I bought it and with the sempy's in that magical <$100 price range, I thought about putting it to use.

Official Shuttle site says Rev E's are not supported, but they have a BIOS revision available dated 8/19/05.

I have a s754 to potentially flash it with, but will it even work? Sudhian forums are sparse with their information on the new cores so this is my best bet.

Frankly, I dont want to plunk down $100 on a 3100 and find that it won't work.

edit: smoking crack at work. The latest bios is 7/21/05. I might be SOL...

I bought a SN85G4v3 w/ a revE sempron64 about about a week or two ago.. the system worked perfectly with the original bios but the processor was recognized as an 'AMD Hammer Family Core' or something similar on a bios level (and thus in CPU-Z and System Properties). Upon updating the bios to the newest version, the processor was seen as a Sempron and IIRC AMD64 extensions were recognized in CPU-Z. So, to state it simply: it works.

Ahh man, Cheers to you!!

The 3100 semp64 has been eyeing me for a couple days and I can't argue with that pricepoint. I was worried if the BIOS would crap out on me. I just didnt want a lot of hassle with a $150 machine and a $100 proccie. :D

How do the temperatures go? I have a sn85g4v2 at work with a clawhammer (CG core) 3400 and its at 47c right now, pretty light load. I have a sn85g4v3 at home collecting dust and wanted it for a HTPC or encoding machine. I heard wonderful things about the temps of the new cores.

Back