sn41g2v2 and not going above 333fsb

well.. right now my sn41g2v2 is at 400 fsb... i find it interesting that it says it only goes up to 333, but i can put it up to 250 (500) in the bios... anyways... i read that the biggest thing limiting it is the on board gpu.. so is it safe to run this at 200? or should i back it down to 166, and up the multi? or what would need extra cooling to make it better at 166+ fsb? better northbridge cooling?

i am doing 200 x 12 @ 1.7v right now but i am just playing with it and really don't know where i will end up using it..

thanks

scott...

Two things. One, the only going up to 166 refers to what it "officially supports". Two, that is only because of the IGP and I assume you are using an AGP card. With IGP, I never got above 185FSB stable, and that is higher than most. I hit 200 quite easily with my rev2.0 FN41 board, although it was the older 200W PSU. I even ran it with the IGP that high, but when I did anything Direct3d or OpenGL it would lock up HARD. Also, I know with the system utility they put out you can soft-modify some things... I don't think it will actually do over 200 as I remember that to be a hardware limitation... but the SN45G goes up to 250. Yes, 200 is safe, yes, the system will generally run at 200 without using the onboard video. I haven't heard of anyone with decent ram that couldn't get that after the rev2 boards came.

i am using the IGP.. and i have it at 200.. that is what i am asking about.. i even ran it at 210 when i was playing around some more last night.. i didn't have any problems.. but i wasn't using and direct 3d or openGL... i realize that i should be fine if i get an agp card,, but that is something i will wait on until i see a need for it..

those dozen comps are collecting dust... i am thinking of garage selling them for $25 - $50 each and making some $$$... i don't have the space to actually set them up to fold.. and the electric bill would probably be highly prohibitive

scottatwittenberg said:
those dozen comps are collecting dust... i am thinking of garage selling them for $25 - $50 each and making some $$$... i don't have the space to actually set them up to fold.. and the electric bill would probably be highly prohibitive

I guess that works too :cool:

Back