SN25P plus X850 PE boo hoo

Can't get an SN25P to work boot with an X850 XT PE. I may be being tremendouly stupid, but i cannot find a 2x 3 pin PCI Express graphics cable inside and hace tried using one of those adapters that feeds two molex cables into one PCI Express graphics cable, but the thing wont boot (runs just fine with an X800 XL etc). How has everybody else wired up vid cards that require the supplementary power cable and has anyone managed to get an X850 Pe or GF 6800 ultra running in one of these boxes?

Thanks

hmmm thats a good question... makes me glad im running a 6600GT in mine.....

i did see that there was a 6 pin SLI connector in there that plugs into the motherboard.. but i dono if you can unplug it and plug it into suplument a video card that requires it if you have one... or do you have to buy the adapters and run it off the 1 standard 4 pin molex 12v/5v line in there???

I have a X850XT in my SN25P. Not the PE, but I can OC to PE speeds... so you'd think that the power draw would be the same? I also have a fully loaded system in that I am using 3 hard drives and a DVD-R (SATA). What I did, was to use a 4pin molex splitter, that then recombined on the 6pin pci-express connector. Have had no problems with this at all.

Did you get a Sapphire card? The PCI-E adapter that comes with those POSs is defective. You can either rewire it, or get another.

sleepeeg3 said:
Did you get a Sapphire card? The PCI-E adapter that comes with those POSs is defective. You can either rewire it, or get another.

Yeah, I did get the Sappire. Didn't use the PCI-E power adaptor that came with it though. I used one from one of my BFG 6800GT OCs. Maybe that's why I never had any problems? Who knows. Newegg doesn't even list the OEM Sapphire I got from them for $445 any more. Holy crap Newegg... XT PE is $499 but non-PE is $599? W... T... F? :confused:

Not a Sapphire card, but maybe my molex adapter is fubar - how is the sapphire one one miswired?

I made a connector with an old 4pin molex extension cable....

Then I got an actual ATi one. The X850XT-PE DOES NOT require TWO 4pin molexs... only one... I use mine (which has a 4pin female on one side and a 6pin PCIe and 4pin male on the other side) to power the video card AND the DVDRW.

Works fine for me... running the proc at 295x9 too.

peace,
OriginalOCer

Back