SMP Software

El Nacho

Noobie Cheese
Looking for some good smp software. Stuff that could replace some of the software i use today. Mainly looking for Freeware, but if its good enough, i'm willing to pay for it. What are some good ripping (cd/dvd) programs? Maybe a different TV software (using dscaler now). Let see what you got.

What are some good ripping (cd/dvd) programs?

This is highly linear, you can't easily split it up into multiple threads. Your 2.8GHz Xeon should make quick work of ripping DVDs and reencoding them, why do you even need it SMP?

Hmm... There used to be a thread about SMP software, I wonder what happened to it...

Yeah i remember on the old board they had a thread about it. The reason i looking for stuff that is smp aware is, well if I have it i might as well use it. I mean, it helps out a ton with all the multi tasking i do, but i want to take full advantage of the hardware i have.

Well most rippers won't get a benefit from smp, but i do know some encoders will. Wish i had some good names of some, but i haven't used any in so long. Do some google research and you should be able to find a few. The encoding side is far more likely to be smp friendly than the ripping.

I thought there was a thread on the new board too, only a few months old. Went to page 4 and still couldn't find it.

Back