Smoothwall + DD-WRT issues

Angry

Limp Gawd
First off, heres the network setup:
wirelessq.jpg

Smoothwall IP: 192.168.1.130 (DHCP enabled)
DD-WRT/WRT54g2 IP: 192.168.1.140 (DHCP disabled)

I recently re-setup my smoothwall rig after using a WRT54g2 router loaded with DD-WRT for networking duties. I decided to take the load off the WRT54g2 now with plans to put an even larger load on the network. Little router was already getting mighty toasty.

Now Im having wireless and port forwarding issues.
Ive forwarded ports in my smoothwall just like I used to, and none of them seem to be working. Ive forwarded all the ports to my main rig with no luck.

And while the wireless is working, it doesnt have any internet at all. At least not on mine and my girlfriends iphones.

Any ideas? really in need of major help here...

edit:
I tried putting the smoothwalls IP into the Gateway and Local DNS of DD-WRT with no luck...

where on the router did you plug the smoothwall in to?
LAN port, right? Not WAN/Internet port?

Yepo, LAN port.

Got the wireless working, Seems Opera web browser on my iPhone doesnt like something on the network, but Safari and podcats work fine.

....Port forwarding is still a major no go. Steam cant connect at all.

disabled the SPI firewall and all that other good stuff on the Linksys also?

try the GRC ShieldsUP! port checker, see what it says. Might provide some insight.

how about the wireless desktop/laptop you have, does it work wirelessly?

disabled the SPI firewall and all that other good stuff on the Linksys also?

If he's uplinked via a LAN port of the Linksys instead of the WAN port...the firewall 'n all that doesn't even come into play, his traffic is only passing on the LAN side, basically it's just a wireless bridge. The firewall (NAT, SPI, port fowarding, etc)..only molests traffic from LAN <==> WAN 'n visa versa.

If he's uplinked via a LAN port of the Linksys instead of the WAN port...the firewall 'n all that doesn't even come into play, his traffic is only passing on the LAN side, basically it's just a wireless bridge. The firewall (NAT, SPI, port fowarding, etc)..only molests traffic from LAN <==> WAN 'n visa versa.

ohhhh yeah....

Switched to Untangle, and its doing MUCH better, even on the lowley socket A system I put it on. If it keeps doing good Im going to put it on a Dell Poweredge 1750 that I have heh..

Back