Smoking XPS M170 Deal $1,349 + tax

That's right, I forgot about the 7800Go. What does that compare to on the desktop? 6800GT? Ultra? If it's the latter it should still be pretty damn good.

Anyone else get the 2% off as well for useing dell preferred creditcard off the $1350 deal?

After I cancelled my last order when it was going for $1650 they asked if I was going to reorder for the cheaper price its at now and I said yes and so I just orderd it over the phone with him. I told him I wanna use the dell preferred card and get 2% off and he said he had to check with his manager and his manager said no I cant get it sinse its already so low.

So has anyone got it by ordering over the phone or only people that got it is online? I just tryed calling them up to say other people are getting the 2% when they order online and that I want it but they will proble say I have to cancel the whole order to do get it. I'll just order online then if so, screw giving someone a sale over the phone if I cant get the deal others are getting.

Finger said:
That's right, I forgot about the 7800Go. What does that compare to on the desktop? 6800GT? Ultra? If it's the latter it should still be pretty damn good.

The Go 7800 GTX that's in this is comparable to a desktop 7800GT, I believe.

Smashed Ixnay said:
I did everything mentioned and STILL can't get it for less than $1,699.00

:mad: :mad:
use link provided by poster

downgrade wireless card, hd, cpu, warrenty to 1yr, the software, and get rid of backpack

the 7800go is now slouch. i play WOW at 1900x1200 full everything and DOD:Source same settings minus HDR. but the 7800gtx is definatly the better card and is more future proof. Don't have it to compare for you yet but the 3dmark scores I've seen the GTX is almost DOUBLE the Go score to put it in perspective

spectra260 said:
Anyone else get the 2% off as well for useing dell preferred creditcard off the $1350 deal?

After I cancelled my last order when it was going for $1650 they asked if I was going to reorder for the cheaper price its at now and I said yes and so I just orderd it over the phone with him. I told him I wanna use the dell preferred card and get 2% off and he said he had to check with his manager and his manager said no I cant get it sinse its already so low.

So has anyone got it by ordering over the phone or only people that got it is online? I just tryed calling them up to say other people are getting the 2% when they order online and that I want it but they will proble say I have to cancel the whole order to do get it. I'll just order online then if so, screw giving someone a sale over the phone if I cant get the deal others are getting.

yeah, i had the exact same situation. i actually called twice. my conclusion was you can get it cheaper online than over the phone, which makes NO sense at all.

the phone reps simply can't give you the 2% deal. since the coupon is so low, they have no room to negotiate. if you ask for any kind of discount, even ones you can get online, they have to say no.

i told them, "if i can get it cheaper online, that's what i'm going to do." and they couldn't argue with that.

so if you ordered over the phone, cancel it. either way order online, click the link "pay with credit card" to see the 2% deal.

damn I knew I proble should have just orderd it online, Id cancel but ive already cancelled like 3 times due to price drops and then the deal for free upgrade to dvd burner. I got 18 months no interest so I think im just gonna let it slide. Its still a hell of a deal at 1350! But on the other hand.... 2% plus 30 off 300 coupon is like 60 bucks and that could buy the dell backpack or case for it elsewhere! hmmm, at the rate im canceling and reordering ill never get my notebook!

ryansebiz said:
yeah, i had the exact same situation. i actually called twice. my conclusion was you can get it cheaper online than over the phone, which makes NO sense at all.

the phone reps simply can't give you the 2% deal. since the coupon is so low, they have no room to negotiate. if you ask for any kind of discount, even ones you can get online, they have to say no.

i told them, "if i can get it cheaper online, that's what i'm going to do." and they couldn't argue with that.

so if you ordered over the phone, cancel it. either way order online, click the link "pay with credit card" to see the 2% deal.

wish i knew about the pay by credit card first, i thought it was automatic.... emailed but no response. may have to cancel and reorder.

spectra260 said:
damn I knew I proble should have just orderd it online, Id cancel but ive already cancelled like 3 times due to price drops and then the deal for free upgrade to dvd burner. I got 18 months no interest so I think im just gonna let it slide. Its still a hell of a deal at 1350! But on the other hand.... 2% plus 30 off 300 coupon is like 60 bucks and that could buy the dell backpack or case for it elsewhere! hmmm, at the rate im canceling and reordering ill never get my notebook!

well, if it helps, the $30 off $300 coupon expired the day before the current xps deal went live.

also, you can get better cases on amazon for cheaper, to make up the loss for the 2% deal you missed out on.

though you can still cancel and reorder to get the 2%...

amd ati FO SHO said:
wish i knew about the pay by credit card first, i thought it was automatic.... emailed but no response. may have to cancel and reorder.

it's just a matter of getting it quicker or saving money.

if it was me, i'd cancel and get the 2%.

I have not seen an expiration on the deal yet. They use UPS for systems and DHL for most of their accessories.

DigitalEdge said:
Does anyone know who Dell uses for shipping and also when is this deal over?

I don't know when the offer will end but everything that I have got from Dell has come UPS, but once I got a CD that came via DHL.

amd ati FO SHO said:
the deal should be still going

Anything with the links click.linksynergy.com is dead......

How can I get this deal and add it in my cart?

Ok, I added this item to cart, the problem I have is I don’t want to order it till late next week because if I order it now no one will be here to receive the package. Do you think if I keep the item in my cart and order later it will be ok?

I know dell gives you a estimated shipping date but is it accurate?

If you keep it in your cart, once the coupon codes or whatever you're using expire it will go away. You could try talking to a phone rep and see what he can do for you.

Off topic, but i was looking at the lower xps model/ inspiron's and you can't get a 6800 or 7800 as an option, only the top XPS- Can you get it if you call them and ask them to add it to your system?

daroy99 said:
Off topic, but i was looking at the lower xps model/ inspiron's and you can't get a 6800 or 7800 as an option, only the top XPS- Can you get it if you call them and ask them to add it to your system?

I doubt it because the others are add in and I don't think there is a slot for it on the lower end XPS.

I ordered online, called to make sure I got promotional stuff, they had to re-do it on the phone but what he had me do was re-add it and save it to my cart.. then he took care of it for me on the phone. So if you have to call save it to your cart and then acll and tell them what you want i sin your cart and you want to checkout, it also helps to get to the last page and then back-out so you know your discount price so you can tell them well this is what I got when I chcked out online... took mealmost an hour to get it allr ight on the phone but it's right, and mine is in the "BOXING" stage too.

The 2% didn't show up that I can see but the FINAL price as the same price as when I ordered online no idea how that worked out...

Calling Dell financial services is one of the weirdest things of all time. I got a woman who has better sounding english than I do but if I ask a question that doesn't appear on a predetermined learned response I get the same answer to another question that I didn't ask... Kind of annoying really. It is strange to hear someone speak your language but the answers to the questions don't make sense. I'm glad I'm not a nut job or I'd think I was having a break down.

Anyways... I had to call b/c the email they sent me said I was getting the 20+% credit charge even though the promotional said otherwise... but the lady I think said I was ok but I'm still kind of unclear so I'll find out when I get my first bill I guess. Either way great deal... it was a little over 1400$ b/c of taxes here in MO :(

After much consideration, I pulled the trigger on this deal. I was waiting for the newer core-duo and 7900/x1800xt combo, but I'm sure the price on those will be in the $2500+ range and I don't think the performance difference will be that big. Upon further consideration, I ordered a second one for my bro! :D

I didn't have to order one for my brother, he jumped as soon as I told him. Glad he is older than I am and can afford his own toys. :D

Was there an actual coupon code that went with this, or is it just the e-value code. Because the version I configured and saved is still there, just missing the $350 discount.

Entering the e-value code takes you to an M170 to configure, but it cant be configured the same way anymore.

I want my $350 off :(

rbarr110 said:
Was there an actual coupon code that went with this, or is it just the e-value code. Because the version I configured and saved is still there, just missing the $350 discount.

Entering the e-value code takes you to an M170 to configure, but it cant be configured the same way anymore.

I want my $350 off :(

i think it was an e-value code. i never entered a code or coupon though, i just clicked on the link in this thread and customized as instructed.

sorry man, you missed out on the super-cheap deal.

if it helps, they still have $350 off, it's just that now you have to get the faster (and more expensive) cpu and the longer warranty. you can also use an ebay coupon & 2% dpa discount.

Dead Deal.

Spoke with Several Dell Reps

It was a 10 day deal that ended at 12am this morning

Back