Smoking! Inland 1TB SSD $79.99 @ Microcenter

I hope they hit $50 soon!

This is a sata 3 drive with TLC.

How is reliability on these?

If you need sata. I paid $12 more for the NVME 3x4 version plus tax a few months ago. I’d pay extra for the nvme, but that’s just me.

I've had this SSD in my laptop for over 6 months so far with no issues. Inland is MC's in house brand so I think the reliability will be good.

I'd say it's pretty good:

189 out of 194 (97%) reviewers recommend this product.

If you need sata. I paid $12 more for the NVME 3x4 version plus tax a few months ago. I’d pay extra for the nvme, but that’s just me.
Unfortunately, some of use have Gen 3 or older Intel boards and do not have M.2 nor can boot off NVME using a PCIe adapter. I used a SATA SSD to boot and an adapter for data for use in Windows. Worked out till I upgraded.

I've had this SSD in my laptop for over 6 months so far with no issues. Inland is MC's in house brand so I think the reliability will be good.
They sell them at Fry's too. I always thought it was a Fry's store brand. Seems neither of us are right.

They sell them at Fry's too. I always thought it was a Fry's store brand. Seems neither of us are right.
I don't think inland is even MC brand. It might of been the first store to sell their product. Inland products are sold in a bunch of different places now. MC probably just had a exclusive deal with them for the first year or two.

Hell yeah, I remember when 1tb SSD's were like ... a dream to own. $400 dollars ... I was like fuk all that lol. Back in 2014 I remember spending $250 for a 240gb SSD and that was a killer deal even back then haha.

As soon as these hit $50 ... I'm going to just buy them to lay around the house and shit, put in my pockets with my change ... my girlfriend will be like, "What TF is that in your pocket?" ........ "Oh this? A 1tb SSD that only cost me $50 ... yeah, I keep a few mixed in with my change now for the hell of it."

Last edited:
I bought the crucial p1 nvme with ryzen 3600. It was $20 off. So 80 bucks, not bad at all for 1tb nvme drive for second system.

As soon as these hit $50 ... I'm going to just buy them to lay around the house and shit
I did a similar thing with IDE hard drives a long time ago when places like Circuit City would put them on sale with a rebate that made them cheap compared to normal pricing. I thought I'd use them, but then SATA came along and well, you know what happened next. What a waste of money. I was stupid, looking back on it. Lesson learned. Buy what you need now. It just gets cheaper later or the connector will change on you. :LOL:

The MC branded drives are "OK", priced decent and OK performers. But even though my sample size is small (5) I've already had one failure, which gives it a 20% fail rate in my numbers. I have also purchased 5 Corsairs (no fails) and 4 Samsung (no fails).

BUT the price is hard to beat and I'll still buy them, I just put one (500gb) in my gaming laptop just for game installs.

TBF I don't think I'll ever buy another Corsair SSD but not that long ago, they were the Shiz.

That’s super cheap. I’ll have to go pick one up for my ps4 pro.
Thinking of doing the same for XB1X but may just wait until 2TBs become cheap. I think it's a lot more involved on XB1X...
Or maybe just this

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thinking of doing the same for XB1X but may just wait until 2TBs become cheap. I think it's a lot more involved on XB1X...
Or maybe just this

I had one of those in my PS4. I didn't really notice a big difference personally. I'd probably go SSD if I could afford it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I got two of these drives to try in my AMD 970 chipset (Socket AM3+) M5A97 R2.0 motherboard and it will not detect the drives no matter how I tweak the CSM settings in BIOS (the BIOS tells me to try to adjust the settings on bootup). Any ideas on how to make it work?

I got two of these drives to try in my AMD 970 chipset (Socket AM3+) M5A97 R2.0 motherboard and it will not detect the drives no matter how I tweak the CSM settings in BIOS (the BIOS tells me to try to adjust the settings on bootup). Any ideas on how to make it work?

Did you try a different cable and power connector first? Also, do you have another computer to test with, just in case? Do you also have the last bios available installed?

i was tempted to get one of those for my laptop as a storage drive but then I saw a 2TB spinner for $68 and I took that. sweet price for SSD that would be a boot drive though

Yeah I tried several cables, two different PSUs. I tried an external enclosure too - which would not detect either of the two samples I have -but I am hesitant to say the drives are bad because I have already tried two with the same result - one from Microcenter and one from Amazon.

Motherboard has the latest BIOS. I can still try my main 3700x PC but that is a big tear up - a downfall of optimal cable management! :(

Holy Chit, man! I'm thinking about adding a 2nd one to my Asus Prime X470-Pro but I think it might slow down one of my PCI-E x16 slots. :(

Holy Chit, man! I'm thinking about adding a 2nd one to my Asus Prime X470-Pro but I think it might slow down one of my PCI-E x16 slots. :(

it wont, but what it will DO is take a SATA port, or if you install an NVME in the 2nd slot, it WILL only run in x2 mode, despite ASUS claiming that you can run x4 if you do not have PCI-E 1 populated....Spent a good deal of time on google and saw plenty of others with the same issue. I sawapped my 1TB Inland Premium with my boot NVME Sammsung 960 evo asd it read as x4 fine, but the samsung was reading as x2 EVEN though I told the BIOS to force x4.,

Even at x2, the Inland drive is insanely fast. It cut my boot times for GTA V by other 30 seconds vs the Samsung 830 (old school MLC SSD that had nothing else installed).

Mebe I need to go pick one up...I so for reals do not want to do a main rig reinstall right now tho. When I went sata ssd to m.2 nvme on my #2 system rebuild I could not get the thing to boot after cloning. No amount of W10 ERD boot repairs would help. I had to reinstall. Fine on that box, but not on my edpc.....

maybe there is some tool nowadays? Used to be /fixmbr but not sure now. I just reinstall

Last edited:
Mebe I need to go pick one up...I so for reals do not want to do a main rig reinstall right now tho. When I went sata ssd to m.2 nvme on my #2 system rebuild I could not get the thing to boot after cloning. No amount of W10 ERD boot repairs would help. I had to reinstall. Fine on that box, but not on my edpc.....

maybe there is some tool nowadays? Used to be /fixmbr but not sure now. I just reinstall

You needed to purchase a program like Easeus Todo Home to clone the drives with. The new M.2 NVME drives do not support the 512B sector size, even in emulated mode, anymore.

Last edited:
I've had good experience with Macrium Reflect Free Edition for cloning, whereas some other tools resulted in an unbootable drive. Might be an option that would work for you without having to spend any $

I've had good experience with Macrium Reflect Free Edition for cloning, whereas some other tools resulted in an unbootable drive. Might be an option that would work for you without having to spend any $

Perhaps but, Todo is only about $10 and most definitely worth it.

I remember when RAM dropped precipitously in price. Now NAND is doing the same. It really is a great time to be alive.

I used the free version of Todo and it cloned my existing drive to the M2 without any issues.

OK guys thanks it's worth a shot. I don't remember if I used one of the build in SSD cloning tools or Clonezilla. I have heard of both of those before, will look into it.

OK guys thanks it's worth a shot. I don't remember if I used one of the build in SSD cloning tools or Clonezilla. I have heard of both of those before, will look into it.

The free version of ToDo does not allow you to create boot able media, which you will need.

Macrium Reflect free version is your friend. The bootable USB it can create has an option to fix boot - worked like a charm for me many times.

I'm surprised clonezilla couldn't do this in straight dd mode?

I'm surprised clonezilla couldn't do this in straight dd mode?

I am not, since 512Byte Emulation mode no longer exists on the newest NVMe drives. (Unless the software is aware of that.)

So I just bought a Gigabyte B450 AORUS Pro Wifi Am4. What is the difference in buying the M.2 module and the NAND that was recently marked down to 79.99?

Back