Smoking! Inland 1TB SSD $79.99 @ Microcenter

Discussion in '[H]ot|DEALS' started by Hulk, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Hulk

Hulk [H]ardness Supreme

2. RogueTrip

RogueTrip 2[H]4U

I hope they hit $50 soon!

This is a sata 3 drive with TLC.

How is reliability on these?

3. jmilcher

jmilcher [H]ardness Supreme

If you need sata. I paid $12 more for the NVME 3x4 version plus tax a few months ago. I’d pay extra for the nvme, but that’s just me.

horrorshow likes this.
  4. dany man

dany man Limp Gawd

wow now I'm smoking mad. I payed 75$ a few months back for a 512gb ssd.

5. Hulk

Hulk [H]ardness Supreme

I've had this SSD in my laptop for over 6 months so far with no issues. Inland is MC's in house brand so I think the reliability will be good.

6. mazeroth

mazeroth Limp Gawd

I'd say it's pretty good:

189 out of 194 (97%) reviewers recommend this product.

7. gocubs418

gocubs418 n00b

This is what I am most likely going to do.... trying to resist until Black Friday.

/dev/null and RogueTrip like this.
  8. Staples

Staples [H]ardness Supreme

Unfortunately, some of use have Gen 3 or older Intel boards and do not have M.2 nor can boot off NVME using a PCIe adapter. I used a SATA SSD to boot and an adapter for data for use in Windows. Worked out till I upgraded.

9. Staples

Staples [H]ardness Supreme

They sell them at Fry's too. I always thought it was a Fry's store brand. Seems neither of us are right.

10. vegeta535

vegeta535 2[H]4U

I don't think inland is even MC brand. It might of been the first store to sell their product. Inland products are sold in a bunch of different places now. MC probably just had a exclusive deal with them for the first year or two.

11. SixFootDuo

SixFootDuo [H]ardness Supreme

Hell yeah, I remember when 1tb SSD's were like ... a dream to own. $400 dollars ... I was like fuk all that lol. Back in 2014 I remember spending $250 for a 240gb SSD and that was a killer deal even back then haha.

As soon as these hit $50 ... I'm going to just buy them to lay around the house and shit, put in my pockets with my change ... my girlfriend will be like, "What TF is that in your pocket?" ........ "Oh this? A 1tb SSD that only cost me $50 ... yeah, I keep a few mixed in with my change now for the hell of it."

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Comixbooks and Hulk like this.
  12. NKD

NKD [H]ardness Supreme

I bought the crucial p1 nvme with ryzen 3600. It was $20 off. So 80 bucks, not bad at all for 1tb nvme drive for second system.

13. Azrak

Azrak Gawd

I did a similar thing with IDE hard drives a long time ago when places like Circuit City would put them on sale with a rebate that made them cheap compared to normal pricing. I thought I'd use them, but then SATA came along and well, you know what happened next. What a waste of money. I was stupid, looking back on it. Lesson learned. Buy what you need now. It just gets cheaper later or the connector will change on you. :LOL:

14. Burticus

Burticus 2[H]4U

The MC branded drives are "OK", priced decent and OK performers. But even though my sample size is small (5) I've already had one failure, which gives it a 20% fail rate in my numbers. I have also purchased 5 Corsairs (no fails) and 4 Samsung (no fails).

BUT the price is hard to beat and I'll still buy them, I just put one (500gb) in my gaming laptop just for game installs.

TBF I don't think I'll ever buy another Corsair SSD but not that long ago, they were the Shiz.

15. ManofGod

ManofGod [H]ardForum Junkie

16. ///AMG

///AMG 2[H]4U

That’s super cheap. I’ll have to go pick one up for my ps4 pro.

17. /dev/null

/dev/null [H]ardForum Junkie

Thinking of doing the same for XB1X but may just wait until 2TBs become cheap. I think it's a lot more involved on XB1X...
    Or maybe just this

18. lsutiger694

lsutiger694 n00b

wish we had one of these stores near me

19. kirbyrj

kirbyrj [H]ard as it Gets

I had one of those in my PS4. I didn't really notice a big difference personally. I'd probably go SSD if I could afford it.