Smoking Hot! Logitech Z-5500 5.1 THX Speakers + Free Dell 720 Printer = $208 shipped!

Should automatically negate the shipping for you....It did for me, $45 - $45 = 0

qbackin said:
Should automatically negate the shipping for you....It did for me, $45 - $45 = 0
Didn't do it for me. I had to click on the "Estimage Shipping & Handling and Tax" link near the bottom of the page next to the shipping amount. I then selected the 3-5 day deal to recalculate and then it deducted it.

DELL said:
Dear Valued Customer,
We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order ######### and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 08-23-2005.
· You will receive an Order Shipped email when this order has shipped.
... place Homer Simpson's "O CRAP!" sound font here.... :(

I bought those speakers for $240 back in December and they Rock!
Great speakers for anyone still wondering....

Hmm....This can't be right. Ordered these and the printer for 204 shipped, checked my e-mail order confirmation, and it said my total was 273.46. I checked the math....

Printer: 49-49=0
Speakers: 299-59.80=239.20
Free shipping

So far, that's 239.20. Subtract 35 for the 35 off of 300 and that's 204.20. Add tax and that's 224.46. So why is Dell saying my total is 273.46 :confused: :mad: :mad: ?!?!

Good grief. Alright, here's what happened. The 45 off coupon had expired before I caught this deal, so I used a different coupon for the printer which gave me the same deal. It turns out that the coupon showed the amount being subtracted from the printer, but in reality, it didn't subtract the amount because the coupon should not have gone through. So at the end of my reciept, it's adding in an extra fifty bucks for what looks like nothing. So after talking to tech support for 45 minutes, they offered me a 50 dollar coupon, which couldn't be applied to my order because it was shipped today. Finally the guy tells me if I want to get a full refund for the printer, to just accept the speakers and reject the printer package.

I'm still pissed, but I don't care about the printer. I suppose if I had kept it going, I could have gotten a better deal, seeing as how it was Dell's fault that the amount didn't go through correctly. But meh. 200 bucks for some awsome speakers is good enough for me :D

anyone know if the satelites have the regular t bar connection thingys? I would like to use normal speaker wire with them...

Good deal, but I will wait until I get a house. I do not think the neighbors would like if I got the z5500. They sometimes hate my set of Klipsch...

I just received the speakers via DHL this morning. I took them up the stairs and dropped the big and bulky box in my dining room for now.

I'm trying to figure out where I'll place the center speaker, once I bring it to my computer/desk. I recently got a 24" LCD monitor (Dell 2405FPW). Is it safe to put the center speaker on the monitor (and then angle it down)? I can maybe put it under the monitor, but since I have the monitor at its minimal height, I think the top of the speaker will be taller than the bottom of the screen. If I can put it on top of the monitor by using an adhesive or velcro in a secure manner, then that'll be great, as long as it's not too heavy. I assume the satellite speakers are shielded, so that they won't interfere w/ the monitor.

To those who have an LCD monitor and these speakers, please chime in w/ your experience on placing the front speakers on/around an LCD monitor. Thanks.

beowulf7 said:
More like "D'Oh!!" :D
lol... na... i think the "D'Oh!" is more fitting for today ... I just found out they shipped it ... but using DHL as the carrier!!! My fingers, toes and testies are crossed in hopes they don't leave it on the door step without even knocking on the door. Perhaps he should also honk the horn and announce over the pa system that he just dropped off a $300 dollar set of speakers ... ... I guess I'll take the delivery day off or leave the office early just to make sure. ... how sad is that?

*...curses DHL*

...good news is... Dell shipped the printer via UPS. I feel so much better knowing that the "throw-in" junk printer will have the reliability of UPS rather than DHL. :rolleyes: ...geezzz....

beowulf7 said:
To those who have an LCD monitor and these speakers, please chime in w/ your experience on placing the front speakers on/around an LCD monitor. Thanks.
How about putting the center speaker behind the LCD panel? Propper speaker placement should be slightly behind the viewing source if possible anyway.

Printer came in today! WOW this thing rocks... LOL.... invoice was $3.76 cents HAHA cant beat this deal! a $4 dollor printer and $200 bucks for the Z-5500's
I already own a set of the Z-5500.. The new ones will be going in the Wifey and mines Bedroom for the TV/DVD. Due in tomorrow shipped out of texas...via DHL. :D

Again thank you to RicePapi :cool:

Pringals said:
lol... na... i think the "D'Oh!" is more fitting for today ... I just found out they shipped it ... but using DHL as the carrier!!! My fingers, toes and testies are crossed in hopes they don't leave it on the door step without even knocking on the door. Perhaps he should also honk the horn and announce over the pa system that he just dropped off a $300 dollar set of speakers ... ... I guess I'll take the delivery day off or leave the office early just to make sure. ... how sad is that?

*...curses DHL*

...good news is... Dell shipped the printer via UPS. I feel so much better knowing that the "throw-in" junk printer will have the reliability of UPS rather than DHL. :rolleyes: ...geezzz....
I hear a lot of things about DHL that they don't employ much security in delivering packages. Since I assume such deliveries are insured, if someone did steal these packages, wouldn't DHL improve measures for more secure delivery of packages?

In my case, it was my first experience w/ DHL in terms of non-letter packages. While I knew the speakers would be delivered via DHL today, I had no idea when they'd come. The DHL guy literally came about 2 minutes before I was going to leave to go to work. Talk about just in time delivery!! To my dismay, he didn't ask me to sign anything. He just handed me the package and said, "be careful, it's a bit heavy" and took off.

Just a couple hours ago, I opened the package and set up the front 3 speakers in my dining room. I didn't bother w/ the 2 surround speakers (yet). I tested it w/ my MP3 player and my Discman. So far, so good! But since I tested it out so late in the night, I couldn't come anywhere near pumping it. I'll have to save that for the weekend. ;)

Pringals said:
How about putting the center speaker behind the LCD panel? Propper speaker placement should be slightly behind the viewing source if possible anyway.
Now that I've seen how large and relatively heavy the center speaker is, I feel nervous about trying to somehow mount it on my LCD monitor. Thanks - your suggestion ot put it behind the monitor is a good one, but much of the sound would be blocked by that monitor, esp. since I have a keyboard tray on which the monitor sits. But I might get rid of the keyboard tray altogether.

It would appear everyone missed out on the DHL giveaway here in St. Louis today. Just as I suspected would happen, DHL left my Logitech's on the door step ... didn't even bother to hide it. $#@ holes! I can't believe Dell would use them for the high dollar deliveries. God for bid I ever order a 42" plasma screen! ... So here's how it went down. I made my last post while I was at work. I kept watching the tracking number about every 30 minutes or so. Then, about 3pm, it said "Delivered" ... aaa... I'm at work still....? ... So I called my Dad up and had him check it out for me. Sure enough, he said there was this huge box sitting right out in plan view. Both handles of the outer brown box were torn up and over the top edge. This thing is heavy! So no telling how many times DHL may have dropped this thing due to non-reinforced handles on the box. (geee... smart move Dell ... once again...). Here's the other kicker of the story... UPS tried to deliver the "throw-in" printer, but since no one was home, they left a sticky note on the door saying that I missed delivery and they would try again the next day. This is the "freebee" printer by the way. I didn't have to wait that long, for the guy stopped by while I was home and told me he had just finished his route nearby and thought he would swing by since it was his last package. I love UPS... Getting back to the Logitech's ... my almost 70 year old dad managed to get this beast into the door and that is where it stayed until I got home about an hour there-after. I haven't had the chance to open it yet. I had to many things going on this evening to mess with it. It's going on 12:30am now and my bed is calling my name... I guess it will have to wait to tomorrow evening.

BURN IN HELL DHL!!! BURN!!! ... umm... well... at least i did get the package.

Pringals said:
BURN IN HELL DHL!!! BURN!!! ... umm... well... at least i did get the package.

I just got off the phone with Dell because i had made a couple of calls before about DHL service and they were suppost to add a note to my account so that they would ship UPS or FedEx and NOT DHL but i ordered these speakers and another order over the weekend and they both shipping DHL. The rep i talked to said that Dell ships their accessories via DHL or FedEx and their more expensive stuff like desktops and notebooks and probably all their own branded stuff ships UPS. Thats probably why the Dell printers shipped UPS. Their Dell branded so they came from the Dell warehouse. I think other brands are shipped from a different location but i could be wrong.

WOOT!
Got my package @ 9 this morning. HEAVY box ;) Finally got it all together, and it sounds very very good. Probably going to have to move my pc stuff another room away from the neighbors wall :D

Hands down has to be the best deal I have received all year! Congrats too all who got in! and thanks to the OP

I got home around 8:45 p.m. and let it thump a little for about 20 min. before I turned the sub's volume to like 1/4. Man, I so badly want to let this thing rip but I know I'll piss off my neighbors. :(

I plan to move it into my bedroom/computer this weekend. Some furniture rearrangement will be required, but I'm sure it'll be worth it. :)

burningrave101 said:
I just got off the phone with Dell because i had made a couple of calls before about DHL service and they were suppost to add a note to my account so that they would ship UPS or FedEx and NOT DHL but i ordered these speakers and another order over the weekend and they both shipping DHL. The rep i talked to said that Dell ships their accessories via DHL or FedEx and their more expensive stuff like desktops and notebooks and probably all their own branded stuff ships UPS. Thats probably why the Dell printers shipped UPS. Their Dell branded so they came from the Dell warehouse. I think other brands are shipped from a different location but i could be wrong.

Printer came from nevada, Speakers came from Texas.
Printer from UPS box was unmarked pristine condition.
Speakers from DHL box was beat to shit, 4 Nice sized ripped out marks about 4 inch's deep.
Box was left right in front of my door in plain open sight. Not the kind of box to leave in front of a door, It weighs 60 friken pounds. I arrived home to see the mormans knocking on the door "Leaning over the box"
DHL blows for delivery, I must say it was on time.
I havent even taken the outer box off yet to see if the inner logitech box is trashed as the outer. I will be taking photos tomorrow am during the opening.
Anyone wanna buy a set of Z-5500 for 3 bills hehe :D

RicePapi da Man!!!

Hehe, not bad for my first HOT DEALZ post. Thanks for the mad propz guys. :cool:

beowulf7 said:
I got home around 8:45 p.m. and let it thump a little for about 20 min. before I turned the sub's volume to like 1/4. Man, I so badly want to let this thing rip but I know I'll piss off my neighbors. :(...
It probably a good thing anyway. You really should play the speakers for a period of time on a low volume then increase it. This is the break in period. Playing some music for a few days should be good enough.

Just got my speakers and printer :D

Now I've gotta figure out where to place all these speakers...

Thanks RicePapi!

Pringals said:
It probably a good thing anyway. You really should play the speakers for a period of time on a low volume then increase it. This is the break in period. Playing some music for a few days should be good enough.
I was wondering what the break-in procedure was for these speakers or if they even required a gradual breaking in to get optimal sound. I'll play the speakers for a few more hours tonight (at low volume) before hopefully letting it rip over the weekend while the sun is up. :D

My neighbor called my house for the first time in 15 years to ask me to keep the noise down due to my new Logitech Z-5500 speakers. I set it up in my bedroom that's located next to their house, and I opened both windows up - hahaha. :D

I put on a crunk remix of Lil John's [Get Low] song on repeat for 3 hours straight, and the neighbors finally cracked at 11PM - hahaha. :D

I'm still trying to figure out how they got my home phone number, because it's not listed. :confused:

-RicePapi

RicePapi said:
My neighbor called my house for the first time in 15 years to ask me to keep the noise down due to my new Logitech Z-5500 speakers. I set it up in my bedroom that's located next to their house, and I opened both windows up - hahaha. :D

I put on a crunk remix of Lil John's [Get Low] song on repeat for 3 hours straight, and the neighbors finally cracked at 11PM - hahaha. :D

I'm still trying to figure out how they got my home phone number, because it's not listed. :confused:

-RicePapi
Have more fun, When you turn it up all the way keep going 1 full turn more and the Boost starts and goes to 11 have fun!!!
Becareful!!!! It realy does work and makes em Even LOUDER!!! do at your own risk! Logitech built it in to the system so If they blow still should be under warranty! I havent heard of anyone blow one yet though!
VERY FEW PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THIS :D
Picture.jpg

We're sorry, the coupon code you have entered has already expired.

For printer coupon?

Damnit, it looks expired. I guess I should check this board more than once a week.
Well shit...anyone else got a deal on these speakers alsewhere?

Tazzman said:
Have more fun, When you turn it up all the way keep going 1 full turn more and the Boost starts and goes to 11 have fun!!!
Becareful!!!! It realy does work and makes em Even LOUDER!!! do at your own risk! Logitech built it in to the system so If they blow still should be under warranty! I havent heard of anyone blow one yet though!
VERY FEW PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THIS :D
Picture.jpg
Whoa that's a lot of bars! I didn't try going past the maximum (9 bars), but I'm now tempted to try. :D

This sub is amazing. :eek: But the 5 satellite speakers haven't impessed me much. My EVs' satellite speakers were much louder and provided mid-bass that these satellite speakers can't. :(

I'm starting to get really upset with DHL because the slackers still havn't delivered mine yet. They should be here today along with my other order from Dell but man, they shipped last monday and were suppost to be delivered on Thursday. I've called Dell like five times and complained about DHL's service in my area yet they continue to ship all my orders DHL. I think its retarded that they can't put a flag on my account to ship it UPS or FedEx since DHL doesn't service my area but they say they can't really do anything about it.

Whoa that's a lot of bars! I didn't try going past the maximum (9 bars), but I'm now tempted to try
9 bars isnt even half way? The bars go all the way across "as shown in photo" then turn 1 full turn, and the boost starts at 1 and goes to 11

My EVs' satellite speakers were much louder

See above....

I hope when you meant maximum 9 bars you are setting that for yourself? If thats all you can turn it up you have a problem.

are you wearing any sort of hearing protection while testing these high levels of volume? :D

Tazzman said:
9 bars isnt even half way? The bars go all the way across "as shown in photo" then turn 1 full turn, and the boost starts at 1 and goes to 11

See above....

I hope when you meant maximum 9 bars you are setting that for yourself? If thats all you can turn it up you have a problem.

I'm a retard. :eek: The 9-bar max is for the other volumes (sub, center, and surround). But you're right, the main volume goes for a lot more, about 20 if I counted correctly. Then one has to turn the dial quite a bit, then the Boost volume appears and it goes from 1 to 11. :eek:

I did this while the source was off, so that I wouldn't blow the speakers or the window. :D I am tempted to see how this would sound but would have to do it during the day when the neighbors are up and about. Maybe next weekend. :D

Do the other volumes hit boost (Sub, Center, and Surround)? I forgot to check those settings.

Back