Smoking Hot! Logitech Z-5500 5.1 THX Speakers + Free Dell 720 Printer = $208 shipped!

RicePapi

Limp Gawd
Dell Home has Logitech Z-5500 already with 20% off at 239.20.

You can add Dell 720 Printer to use as a filler and use these codes:

$35 off $300 coupon GV377LSW212XB4
$45 coupon off Dell Printer D8P68ZLCGJ3S93

$208 shipped!!!

-RicePapi

Might have to jump on this, I have a coupon for $75 which brings both to $168.20 shipped :cool:

Printer Does Not support 64 bit windows*

Hmm is that printer the best option? And do they use Dell only cartridges?

I bought the set. :D

Dell is making me poor! (I recently bought a 2405FPW LCD monitor from them.) :eek:

hikeskool said:
I don't know why you wouldn't upgrade.
Maybe b/c $200 is still $200. :D

All the reviews are very favorable for this speaker set. But for sheer entertainment value alone, I recommend reading this one. I'm quoting one part of it below.

Nathan Glentworth said:

Product Practicality

Now this is where things get realistic. Do you really think you need a 500watt system for playing the odd song, watching a DVD or playing Half Life 2? Well, I don't.... But do I care? HELL NO! Do I need a 400HP Pontiac Firebird to go get a burger? No, but it sure is fun isn't it.

Excess is good because the power is always there when you need it.

But excess can also get you into some rather weird and bad situations also. Take me for instance, I am happily testing the system volume levels out in the Tweaknews office by gaming and listening to a little Lil' Jon & the Eastside Boyz and I thought all was well..........until the next morning.

At 9:00am I was woken up with a rather loud knocking at my suite's front door. Opening the door revealed the building's property manager handing me a noise violation complaint that was filed and the manager's office by my next door neighbor. This would sound perfectly right seeing I was easily hitting 130+dB when testing the system at higher volume levels but there is one interesting thing I have to inform you about my neighbor...........

She is completely deaf........No joke, she can't hear a thing. Nadda...Zilch....

What I guess caused her to file the complaint is that I cleared 13 pictures off of the adjacent wall where our two suites attach. And yes, that wall was the same wall where the subwoofer was placed. From what I was told, I vibrated that wall so badly that almost all of her paintings, photos, trinkets or whatever vibrated and fell down.

So what's the moral of the story? This system is so loud it will piss even deaf people off.......
:D

The only reason I've been looking at the 5500s is for the RCA inputs. It would be convenient to have the xbox plug into the speakers. That said, it isn't worth $200 to me. My z540 speakers are more than powerful enough. Great sound, no complaints. Served me well for the last 4 years, and still getting good use out of them.

Just placed my order a few hours ago. I had a set of 5500s but sold em to a friend cuz I didnt think I wanted em anymore. After a few months, I was craving them so I ordered em again :)

Buy em, you wont be unhappy, trust me!

extreme4377 said:
Just placed my order a few hours ago. I had a set of 5500s but sold em to a friend cuz I didnt think I wanted em anymore. After a few months, I was craving them so I ordered em again :)

Buy em, you wont be unhappy, trust me!

Yea, I still have the z680s doing HTPC duty. I would not trade them for anything. They are probably better than the z5500 because they do not use a proprietary speaker connection. I can use regular speaker wire.

I was thinking of using this possibly as a home surround sound anybody ever use this for that application?

Ahhhh fook me running! I paid $165 for a refurb set of Z-5500's! Could have gotten them new for $40 more! Arg!

SignalSoldier said:
I was thinking of using this possibly as a home surround sound anybody ever use this for that application?

They would work great I'm sure. The control box would work fine with a receiver hooked to it with an SPDIF or optical connector.

:D
Thank you thank you
Alreay own a set But to sell and make some cash for another deal! and Give the wifey a new printer!
This DEAL OWNS!!!!

I just saw this deal on Fatwallet and placed an order a minute ago. I'm going to sell my Logitech Z-2300's that i just got from Dell a month ago :D.

Darn it! I was looking for those at that exact same price a few weeks ago. Would have been able to get some. :(

How long will the deal run? I have a 9800 pro. Should I get this or 6800GT when it drops below 200$ I could ask for either for Xmas. Which will hit 200$ first?

Dont pay for the shipping. Mine was standard free and I ordered Yesterday...
It will be here on Tues :cool:

Whoa! This is why I LOVE the [H]otDEALS forum!

I can't wait until these bad boys arrive! I'm guessing they won't sound that much better than my Kilpsch 5.1 Promedia setup, but they'll end up costing me next to nothing after I sell my current speakers and the printer!

Florida Doc said:
Whoa! This is why I LOVE the [H]otDEALS forum!

I can't wait until these bad boys arrive! I'm guessing they won't sound that much better than my Kilpsch 5.1 Promedia setup, but they'll end up costing me next to nothing after I sell my current speakers and the printer!
According to the reviews, these Logitechs are supposed to sound a little better than that Klipsch. :cool:

I'm definitely going to get evicted from my apt. b/c of these bad boys. :D

This is very tempting.

I've been meaning to pick up these speakers for a while now. I could use them at home and take my Z-3's to my apartment.

I could use the printer when I head to college in September, so I won't have to mess with my setup at home. Just wondering if you can buy ink for the printer in-store or if you have to buy direct from Dell?

Ehh, screw it, I'm buying! :D

zero002021 said:
This is very tempting.
... Just wondering if you can buy ink for the printer in-store or if you have to buy direct from Dell?

Ehh, screw it, I'm buying! :D
lmao ... i had the same thought process the other night.

I currently have a set of the cheap Logitech 5.1s (dont' remember the name right now). They served me very well over the last few years, but I think it is time to step it up. I plan on hooking one of the other inputs on these to my new OTA HDTV tuner I am looking to get. I can't wait to see this in action.

Pringals said:
lmao ... i had the same thought process the other night.

I currently have a set of the cheap Logitech 5.1s (dont' remember the name right now). They served me very well over the last few years, but I think it is time to step it up. I plan on hooking one of the other inputs on these to my new OTA HDTV tuner I am looking to get. I can't wait to see this in action.
I'm sure your neighbors can't wait to hear your new speakers either. :D

These are great speakers guys, excellent quality and and worth the price being that you get so many features in one. I sold off my Sony reciever and packed up my floor-standing Yamaha's in favor of these. I use them for my games and now movies and they dont disappoint.

my god... I need 89 dollars! SOMEONE GIVE ME 89 DOLLARS!!!!

oh wait. dead :(

Sigh

beowulf7 said:
I'm sure your neighbors can't wait to hear your new speakers either. :D
...shoot good Buddy... these may be pretty nice "Computer Speakers" ... but they aren't even going to come close to what my Atlantic Technologies System 8200 THX Ultra 2 speakers in my basement theater do. :D :eek: :cool:
(I don't own that exact set...I bought mine 6-7 years ago. The 8200's replaced my set model. They could pass as twins though.)

Besides... if my neighbors hear these... that will definatly say something! (nearest house is 80+/- feet away, across a street.)

Missed out on this deal :(

Is there anyone out there with a Dell Hookup coupon for printers that wouldn't mind PM'ing it to me? That's the only way I'll get to jump on this. I'd be much obliged :D

Pringals said:
...shoot good Buddy... these may be pretty nice "Computer Speakers" ... but they aren't even going to come close to what my Atlantic Technologies System 8200 THX Ultra 2 speakers in my basement theater do. :D :eek: :cool:
(I don't own that exact set...I bought mine 6-7 years ago. The 8200's replaced my set model. They could pass as twins though.)

Besides... if my neighbors hear these... that will definatly say something! (nearest house is 80+/- feet away, across a street.)
Wow, those are some sweet speakers! OK, so your neighbors are relatively far away. I live in an apt. complex and have neighbors below me and on either side. They'll be thumping to some hard-hitting trance music every night, sprinkled w/ a liberal dosage of gunfire from Doom 3. :eek:

Even though the printer deal is dead, you can get these speakers and some other junk (that Dell 720 printer is junk, after all) for $214, which is only $6 more than the original deal.

Add the Z-5500 to your cart for $239-something. Then add this wrist rest for $9.87. Then apply the $35 off $300 coupon (code GV377LSW212XB4). So your total should then be:
($299 - auto 20% off) + $10 - ($35 off $300) = $214 w/ free shipping + tax

beowulf7 said:
Even though the printer deal is dead, you can get these speakers and some other junk (that Dell 720 printer is junk, after all) for $214, which is only $6 more than the original deal.

Add the Z-5500 to your cart for $239-something. Then add this wrist rest for $9.87. Then apply the $35 off $300 coupon (code GV377LSW212XB4). So your total should then be:
($299 - auto 20% off) + $10 - ($35 off $300) = $214 w/ free shipping + tax
How are you getting free shipping? :confused: These are the only options that show up for me:

Next Business Day Delivery $105.00
2nd Business Day Delivery $82.00
3-5 Day Delivery $45.00 - $22.50 = $22.50

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured it out :)

Back