Smoking [H]ot Newegg Samsung 830 128GB $89.99 shipped

Wow, a promo code that lasted for like, 6 hours. Lame.

Oh well, still holding out for 256 GB @ $150 or less here! :D

Umm, that is total BS. Newegg is slowly losing my business with this shit.

they probably drained their stock. people on eveyr forum were going apeshit for them

you cant honestly expect them to sell ones they dont even have yet at this price. its called a closeout!

Standard terms and conditions resume upon expiration. Valid only on current stock

they probably drained their stock. people on eveyr forum were going apeshit for them

you cant honestly expect them to sell ones they dont even have yet at this price. its called a closeout!

Standard terms and conditions resume upon expiration. Valid only on current stock
The code was invalidated an hour before it went out of stock.

It's been going in and out of stock, it was back in again when I saw my email an hour ago, now it's sold out. The promo code was only valid thru 12 or 1 PDT anyway, "Quick Draw" deal. Dunno why people get pissed when they miss an online deal, it's not like you wasted gas or they got you to step inside a real store for nothing. The deal was/is crazy hot tho, I bought mine for more than double just 8 months ago. Never imagined SSD prices would blow up like this.

Wow, a promo code that lasted for like, 6 hours. Lame.

Oh well, still holding out for 256 GB @ $150 or less here! :D

Ditto, tho I was mighty tempted this time! It went out of stock before I could give it much thought. :p The moment I see an M4 or 830 256GB for $150 I won't hesitate tho. Nice to see 128GB drives bordering on 75¢ / GB anyway.

Anybody know of an easy and FREE imaging program? I have 2 drives I want to throw in RAID, and don't want to reinstall 7. Bought one SSD, and now have a second.

It's been going in and out of stock, it was back in again when I saw my email an hour ago, now it's sold out. The promo code was only valid thru 12 or 1 PDT anyway, "Quick Draw" deal. Dunno why people get pissed when they miss an online deal, it's not like you wasted gas or they got you to step inside a real store for nothing. The deal was/is crazy hot tho, I bought mine for more than double just 8 months ago. Never imagined SSD prices would blow up like this.

Quickdraw deal said it would be over at "11:59pm PT on Wednesday, 06/13/2012" but people were posting at 7:31AM that the code was showing "closed and is no longer active" while the product was still up and available to purchase at $129.99. Then, when the product went out of stock, the promo code started working again. :confused:

I would say it's at least a little justified to be pissed when the vendor pulls that sort of crap.

Anybody know of an easy and FREE imaging program? I have 2 drives I want to throw in RAID, and don't want to reinstall 7. Bought one SSD, and now have a second.

I am pretty sure you can download the acronis boot disk iso for free - I know there is a free linux based one too forget the name -

CloneZilla? Drive Image XML? Pretty sure you could even do it with Win7's own imaging tool (it's probably a more convoluted process tho).

Thankfully this was sold out when I clicked on it...did not need to be spending this cash

Has anyone gotten past 'order verification'?

It looks like people who ordered early are getting fucked. I've seen countless posts over at SD claiming they ordered a few hours ago and have been charged or are even in the shipping phase. I talked to a rep, who claimed there was a chance of my order being cancelled due to having no stock, despite ordering way before anyone else. Needless to say my card was charged, but Newegg insists that it wasn't yet lol. To make matters worse, I just refused shipping on another 830 that I probably should have kept. I guess we'll have to wait and see and I'll edit this if my order changes to charged.

Mine says shipped and I ordered about 4 hours ago.

LOL Seeeee! I'm glad you got in on one ep3w, but this is ridiculous...

mine shipped from TN, got the email at 1:19PM this afternoon..lucky I guess...order confirmed at 2:15AM, charged at 2:33AM.. :D

Aw... Just checked my status... it's "Order Verification". I ordered this just minutes before 6am (PST) this morning. *pulls hair*

Aw... Just checked my status... it's "Order Verification". I ordered this just minutes before 6am (PST) this morning. *pulls hair*

Tell me about it lol. I ordered mine right before posting this deal and I'm in the same boat.

ordered two at 8:19am. it's now just shy of 6pm and i'm still on "Order Verification" :\ was hoping to have these tomorrow since i live within next day ship range of memphis.

Same thing. I paid with paypal. I think thats why its taking so long

No, I don't think it's paypal. I used a credit card, purchased right before starting this thread (12:02 AM PST), and I'm in the same situation. The last two SSD purchases I made this week, using the same card, went to charged within 20 minutes. What's even crazier is that despite being in "order verification", I was fully charged according to my bank. Their system is just a mess imo.

My card was definitely charged as well, but I'm stuck at verification as well.. I will be PISSED if they end up saying they went oos and it will take time to refund..

FWIW, I just purchased a second with a different account and it went to charged/packaging within 15-20 minutes. I tried the same thing earlier, but it was oos and the order got voided. If I wind up receiving two and can't find a need for the second, I'll probably hook up someone in need, starting with the earliest posters of this thread. Don't PM me, because I may end up receiving nothing. I'll post back when/if either of them ship. I just can't believe there is a business that functions like this!

Edit: These are still going in and out of stock, which is ridiculous considering people haven't even had their orders fulfilled yet.

wtfrg.jpg

Last edited:
FWIW, I just purchased a second with a different account and it went to charged/packaging within 15-20 minutes. I tried the same thing earlier, but it was oos and the order got voided. If I wind up receiving two and can't find a need for the second, I'll probably hook up someone in need, starting with the earliest posters of this thread. Don't PM me, because I may end up receiving nothing. I'll post back when/if either of them ship. I just can't believe there is a business that functions like this!

hmm ok if you have let me know if im up next on the list!

I ordered two this morning at 11:30am EST using a credit card and I'm still in "Order Verification" stage. A buddy of mine also ordered one at the same time and he's still in "Order Verification" stage as well. I even opted for the "rush processing" because I wanted to have them by the weekend so I could tinker with them, but still nothing. My credit card has not been charged yet. This is my first plunge into SSD and it is not going so hot...

That's weird, the discount code shouldn't even be working anymore. I think their automated system has gone haywire.

Same...I called customer service and Pepper(rep's name) told me not to worry and it shows everything has been verified and it is prob an issue at the shipping whse. Even if my order gets voided for whatever reason, they will honor the price and worst case scenario, I will end up waiting a little longer for my SSD. I'm not totally happy about this, but at least I should get it.

Spoke to a rep this morning as well and she said that it's just their website not being updated in a timely fashion due to the number of orders placed for that item. She said I have been charged and it should ship by 6/15. She said that their disclaimer did state it may take 1 -2 days for processing.

We'll see...

Spoke to a rep this morning as well and she said that it's just their website not being updated in a timely fashion due to the number of orders placed for that item. She said I have been charged and it should ship by 6/15. She said that their disclaimer did state it may take 1 -2 days for processing.

We'll see...

And....(checks my bank acct)... I wasn't charged? :confused:

Order placed at 12:02am PST - order verification
Order placed at 6:21pm PST - shipped with tracking info

What the reps said to SpeedBump613 and Burner27 makes sense. Despite my earlier order still being stuck at order verification, it does say "shipping from TN", while my later now shipped order is coming from CA. I think they're going to get these early orders out, but again this last to order first out thing is very bad business practice.

Interestingly enough, my order for 3 is in "Order Verification" and says shipping from CA.

I'm also wondering if people are going with standard shipping or Shoprunner. Maybe that is part of the issue?

Both of mine are via Shoprunner. Also, and this makes no sense, but someone over at SD said a rep they talked to, claimed Shoprunner orders are given lower priority lol.

Im in Hi, and ordered 2 last night with shoprunner and its already on the island lol.

Wow they do Shoprunner to HI overnight? My partner is applying to U of Hawaii for her PhD in Physics. I won't be able to buy/sell/trade computer parts like I do now, but I hope she gets in :D

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, my order for 3 is in "Order Verification" and says shipping from CA.

I'm also wondering if people are going with standard shipping or Shoprunner. Maybe that is part of the issue?

Im in Hi, and ordered 2 last night with shoprunner and its already on the island lol.

Back